Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ridley wrote: »
    Careful there, William. That might offend the boys.

GTR63: Are you going to pick that up?
    Regal: Pick what up?
    GTR63: That punk card Ridley just dropped you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Further clarification from Japanese blog of the stipulations of the big Loser Leaves match from a Japanese fan blog:
    "Ryusuke Taguchi will take on Prince Devitt on April 6th INVASION ATTACK at Ryogoku Sumo hall. Taguchi demanded the match will be loser leaves match. He said he will get Devitt out of NJPW. If he loses the match, he will retire. It is like Shinya Hashimoto against Naoya Ogawa."

"Hashimoto once retire after he lost against Ogawa. I was very shocked at that time. I think it is the story Prince Devitt will lose the match, left NJPW and go to WWE. "

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hbkidcool/archives/51942568.html

Parking the WWE rumours Taguchi aged about 5-10 years physically especially around the face in his time off due to injury for the better part of the last year. So there's is some element of doubt for me at least here. However in ring Taguchi moves largely the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Taguchi is also 35 this year. He isnt going to be getting much in the way of big achievements so could be calling it a day before he gets too broken down.

Ah all signs are pointing that Devitt is going to WWE I hope he doesn't but if he does to quote Craig Bellamy I wish him well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Is anyoke going to Newtonards for the June match?

• Advertisement

As "Spawn" for Preston City Wrestling

38ea863cb6ba11e3bdf8127ac5eff261_8.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rovert wrote: »
    eqdtdu.jpg

A LOVELY MAN

Of course, they're ALL lovely men.

After the Preston City Wrestling promoter openly telling fans who were on the fence on buying tickets for yesterday's show PCW show they would be kicking themselves in two months time. Devitt shows up tonight in Scotland and wins the ICW Zero G championship.

He also holds the Wrestling.ie Championship and London's RQW Cruiserweight Championship.

A fun tale being weaved.

BkAE4GQCUAAAqle.jpg

Becky Lynch months and months ago seemed to have started a Father Ted trend/revival in NXT as she brought over a copy of the boxset with her. William Regal, Robbie Brookside, Sheamus etc often quote it now. Well Devit has gotten in on it doing his best Bishop Brennan.

15fn05c.png

Becky Lynch months and months ago seemed to have started a Father Ted trend/revival in NXT as she brought over a copy of the boxset with her. William Regal, Robbie Brookside, Sheamus etc often quote it now. Well Devit has gotten in on it doing his best Bishop Brennan.

Think I remember JBL quoting it a few times too in those toe curlingly bad references to Ireland he does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Peter Andre eat your heart out

kBXKFhm.jpg

In the last Wrestling Observer before his big match for New Japan Sunday morning. Meltzer gives no declaration about his future. Just TNA wants him badly also and that he isn't on the poster for New Japan's Best of Super Juniors Tournment - which may mean little as he has moved up to the Heavyweight division more or less.

The more I think about it, the more retarded it would be for Devitt to leave at this point. A couple of years back, sure. But not now. Assuming the split is going to happen, that's Nakamura and Tanahashi seemingly out of the running. Shibata isn't going to be getting a title reign either and Naito has bombed big time, leaving them short of a really top rival for Okada. Devitt ticks literally all the boxes to fill that role. If he stays, it's his spot to lose.

You can argue they will have Styles but I don't think they will just throw him into that top spot. They'll want to get their monies worth and have him work with a lot of different guys up and down the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So
    let the WWE speculation really begin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

So
    let the WWE speculation really begin now!

Why?

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Why?
    He lost a loser leaves NJPW this morning

It has been nearly 24 hours:

Devitt lost to Taguchi in a match that featured a mid match (rushed) babyface turn when his stablemates the Young Bucks turned on Devitt when Devitt requested them to walk to the back so Fergal could have a clean match. Devitt ripped off his heel arm sleeves and wrestled his old babyface style.
    [NJPW News] It has been announced that Prince Devitt has officially sent out a notice for his resignation from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

The Chairman of NJPW, Naoki Sugabayashi, has officially revealed that he has received a proposal of resignation from Devitt. Sugabayashi stated that he is willing to continue negotiations with Devitt and hopes that a relationship between the two parties can be continued in the future. Though at this time it Devitt has stated that his match at Ryogoku is his “last show”.

Sugabayashi stated that he will honor Devitt’s request if that is indeed what he wishes to do, but negotiations do indeed to still be open as well.

http://keepingthespiritalive.tumblr.com/post/81964522675/njpw-news-it-has-been-announced-that-prince

BkiBBQjCIAAo5tX.jpg

His face paint helped hid his sadness on the way to the ring and his tearful face after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hope he comes to wwe

ricero wrote: »
    Hope he comes to wwe

I guess he is waiting on all his paperwork.

Signing on the dole is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Devitt vs Rey at Mania. Devitt can be Venom and Rey can wear a Spider-Man outfit.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

FULL MATCH: Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi 6.4.2014

Watch the video package

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

yZxxqBvl.jpg

Devitt incoming.

new bullet club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Devitt incoming.

new bullet club

Sweet baby jeebus yes!

People online are speculating that Devitt may go to GLOBAL WRESTLING FEDERATION.

I just can't.

I would think it would be hard for him to get a visa to work in the States with a company that isn't even up and running yet.

People online are speculating that Devitt may go to GLOBAL WRESTLING FEDERATION.

I just can't.

Did he find a time machine? They went under 20 years ago. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Oh what I would give to see him debut tonight on RAW.

1396902928219.gif

More chance of sting coming out though.

Oh what I would give to see him debut tonight on RAW.

1396902928219.gif

More chance of sting coming out though.

Fans would think its Y2J. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

Is Devitt WWE calibre on the mic? Ive never see him work :(

As if he came to WWE, would he get lumped with a manager/stable?

• Advertisement

Is Devitt WWE calibre on the mic? Ive never see him work :(

As if he came to WWE, would he get lumped with a manager/stable?

Not great but passable. Daniel Bryan isnt exactly WWE calibre either though and he hasnt done half bad.

Advertisement