Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Rionegro Insurgency - Belurgan Park August 16th and 17th

Options
  • 21-03-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

webposter.jpg
    The Civil War in Rionegro has become a stalemate. After three years of fighting neither Munoz’s Republicanos nor Veron’s Patriotas have been able to decisively gain the upper hand. The international community has strong armed the two into agreeing to hold a presidential election on Sunday August 17th. No one is sure how a vote in a war zone will turn out, so both sides are continuing to fight for an advantage. And now a new force has arisen to challenge both for the future of Rionegro.

Across the country La Cara Nova - “the New Face”, have started a campaign against both the Patriotas and the Republicanos. It’s not clear where they originated, who is leading them, or where they are getting supplied and funded from. But they are drawing support from people all over the country. Their claim to fight for the people of Rionegro is resonating with a population weary of the war. Totally hostile to the Republicanos and Patriotas they are more neutral to the United Nations forces who remain in Rionegro. The PR disaster of their soldiers attacking the UN last year led the Domiguans to hastily withdraw from the war. Since then the UN has beefed up their forces in Rionegro to protect civilians and to run the upcoming vote.

Rionegro’s roads are poor, and the rainy season makes travel on all but the main roads very difficult. Controlling the major routes is key to sustaining military operations in the Autumn and Winter. Right now the Patriotas control the village of Jaloque which sits on the strategic junction between Rionegro’s Route Nacional 4 and Route Regional 53. The Republicano’s need to take Jaloque to support their September offensive. The UN wants to run the presidential vote and protect the local civilian population. La Neuva Cara want to prove that they are more than just guerilla bands hiding in the mountains.

Summer in Jaloque is going to be very hot this year.

Where: Bellurgan Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
    When: August 16th and 17th, 2014.
    How long:
    Sign-in and chrono: Friday 18:00 to 00:00, Saturday 07:30 to 10:00
    Game WILL start: 11:00 Saturday
    Game end: 15:00 Sunday, followed by post game BBQ.

Age limit and other restrictions:
    Over 16′s only, and mid cap magazines only.
    NO HI-CAP winding mags.
    Bio-BBs are required and will be available on site.
    In line with Irish legislation all Airsoft guns must be under 1 joule.

How much: €60, €50 with discount for early registration, which includes the post game BBQ. Tickets for LARP players, who will have restrictions on the guns they can carry, will be €30. Information on Player vehicles tickets will be given later.

Bookings: Will open on Wednesday May 14th at 12:00.

Camping: Camping will be possible on site from Friday night, with toilets and showers.

Factions and Units:
    The Patriotas
    • The Heavies – 100 places.
    • Players will be allocated amongst three General Infantry, a Mechanised Infantry quick reaction force and Comandos de Seguridad.

Republicanos
    • Presidential 25th Light Infantry – 100 places.
    • Players will be allocated amongst General Infantry, Motorised Infantry and the Unidad de Misiones Especiales.
    La Cara Nova
    • Newly emerged force in Rionegro - 50 places.

The United Nations
    • UN Intervention Force in Rionegro - 40 places.

Neighbouring country of Rionegro
    • Special Operations force – 10 places

Civilian LARP players
    • Local Villagers – 25 places.

Would you like to know more?
    More information, including detailed descriptions of factions and units, updated rules, how to apply for leadership roles, and how to pre-book is provided on the official website: http://www.troops-in-contact.com

The official game forum is at Rionegro.airsofter.ie

¡Viva la República de Rionegro!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Awesome stuff ,

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Mini Dude

OMG OMG OMG hahaha excited to see this, good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Oh i can't wait for this. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So many events just keep popping up, and I absolutely love it! Went to the first one of these and absolutely loved it, cant wait for this, why is it so long away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

• Advertisement

We have detailed information on each unit, including what to expect, their high level missions, and unit uniforms. You can find the link to the information for each unit here: http://troops-in-contact.com/factions-and-units/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Link brings me to the list of fractions but not giving any info on them or am i missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

brenak47 wrote: »
    Link brings me to the list of fractions but not giving any info on them or am i missing something.

Hold the mouse over the "Factions and Units" tab at the top of the page and then click on which ever ones you want to take a look at
    (*if you're on a mobile device, this maybe a challenge*)

Hope this helps mate :)

so-happy-must-tell-everyone.jpg

brenak47 wrote: »
    Woop, good spot. There should have been links for each of the units on the page. That has been fixed now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Have to ask, would sombreros be acceptable for the insurgents?

Have to ask, would sombreros be acceptable for the insurgents?
    I could argue that's more of a Mexican thing, but if you want to wear one that will be fine.

Bonus kudos if you add crossed ammo belts, moustache and do the whole Pancho Villa thing:
    416px-Pancho_Villa_bandolier_crop.jpg

Links to videos and photos from last year's Rionegro Escalation: http://troops-in-contact.com/2014/04/03/the-rionegro-escalation-media/
    Let me know if I have missed some.

We have a request. If you are coming to the game as part of a group, then let us know before we open bookings.

Very very late, and apologies for that. Here is the After-Action-Report for last year's Rionegro Escalation.

We are now taking booking "requests" for the Special Operations unit. Details and the application form are on our website.

It’s less than two weeks until tickets go on sale for the event!

Do you know what faction you want to be in?

Has your group registered it’s name with me? (see here, and it HAS TO BE DONE BY EMAIL, facebook requests will be ignored: http://troops-in-contact.com/2014/04/09/coming-with-a-group-then-let-us-know/)

We still have spaces available on the Spec Ops unit as well. So if you are interested in that then apply through the booking form now!

For everyone else, booking will open at midday Irish time on Wednesday 14th of May.

Last call for anyone who wants to volunteer for the Special Ops unit.
    9547975832_2f7e3fa96c_z.jpg

Less than a week to go until tickets go on sale. Do you know what unit you will go for?

sliabh wrote: »
    Less than a week to go until tickets go on sale. Do you know what unit you will go for?

Yes ;)

• Advertisement

We need some election posters. And I promise we will get something to the person behind whatever one we use.
    Cropped-RepublicanoPoster.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Everybody decided what faction to sign up for tomorrow ?

thermo wrote: »

Yes ;)

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Yes ;)

Who you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Mini Dude

Have you decided?

I'm the EM for the Patriotas, so yep........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Going with the insurgents as first choice, with the republicanos as the back up. Missed last years so looking forward to this one.

Who you going for?

Not them and cannot say anymore, as the spy's have already started to gather intel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

One to skip so! :)

• Advertisement

Traffic2.gif

Well that could have gone a little smoother. We had allocated 4 cores/4GB memory to the site, and optimised the code, but you still managed to floor it.

The huge spike in traffic tapered off almost as quickly (see above). The culprit seems to have been people trying to get tickets for La Cara Nova. Unfortunately they are now sold out, and there are a number of disappointed people out there. The unit was oversubscribed anyway (I had expressions of interest from over 70 for the 50 places) so we would not have been able to satisfy everyone.

There are still tickets in the other units though. It would be best to book quickly though as based on previous experience they will probably sell out relatively soon.

We are checking on a few reports of booking problems, mostly related to multiple or missing confirmation emails. If you have seen (or not seen) something then let us know through our email address.

If you didn't include an Airsofter.ie username don't worry. You can mail or message us with that later. Just be sure to include your booking confirmation number.

Advertisement