Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ladbrokes Underage loss

• 28-03-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am 16 years old and I went into ladbrokes today to try and win money but I ended up losing all of my money = £35.

I am simply wondering if there is anyway I can get this £35 pound back off ladbrokes due to me being underage.

Can anyone help me or give me information as it has made me extremely depressed as some of it was for mothers day.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is this serious???

You gambled and lost.... suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Let it be the best lesson you ever learn, don't gamble with money you actually need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

JackoKiid wrote: »
    I am 16 years old and I went into ladbrokes today to try and win money but I ended up losing all of my money = £35.

I am simply wondering if there is anyway I can get this £35 pound back off ladbrokes due to me being underage.

Can anyone help me or give me information as it has made me extremely depressed as some of it was for mothers day.

No sympathy for gamblers!if you are gambling at 16 then what other social problems have you i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Take some responsibility, learn a lesson and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JackoKiid

Even though its only £35 I am very depressed and I dont know why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Even though its only £35 I am very depressed and I dont know why

Because you basically gave away €35, for a slight chance of winning more. You spent €35 and literally have nothing to show for it. Do yourself a favour and don't gamble money if you cant handle losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd say you are depressed because you lost a chunk of money. I'd feel the same. Betting is for suckers. Find something else to spend your money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭BandyMandy

That will teach ye. ... Just be greatful you lost, that'll put you off gambling for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Sikpupi

Go in with another €35. Ask the staff for a dead cert at 2/1.... and put all you money on it..

You not only get back you €35 for your mothers flowers... you'll have a spare €35 for flowers for the girlfriend as well!!!! You cant lose!!!

oooohhh...what's that ...you don't have a girlfriend!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also im sure if you won money you'd hardly be on here asking if it was ok for them to give it to someone underage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

You need to bet more. Except go for longer odds to make up the money you lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People dont gamble and yet they're on a Gambling Fourm.

yaaaaa okkkkkkkk.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

People dont gamble and yet they're on a Gambling Fourm.
    Did I miss the forum charter that said only degenerate gamblers are allowed to post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Effects wrote: »
    Did I miss the forum charter that said only degenerate gamblers are allowed to post?

Nothing there to that effect but it's quite clear on the subject of personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Effects wrote: »

Were you pressing F5 for past few years hoping to see thread like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭dodzy

No problem OP,

all is not lost. I can advise you on steps to recoup your losses. Just send an email to newaccount@paddypowers.ie and I will respond.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

OP, the advice of "take the loss, and don't gamble with money you can't afford to lose" is the best.

To the rest, some of the other comments are unhelpful at best. Closing this thread as it's run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement