Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual and Work clothes for woman

• 27-03-2014 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

OK so I have just walked around dundrum and checked over the internet for nice smart casual stuff to wear and for work clothes.
    All that is in the shops is baggy blouses, baggy tops, and awful printed trousers.
    Now i'm a more play it safe dresser but I am open to the new fashions and do buy what I see is nice. But at the moment I think what is in the shops is just crap, penneys included. Nothing fitting or flattering.
    Am I the only one that thinks the fashion for woman out there are the moment is just awful
    Misguided, boohoo and Iclothing are mostly very very trashy.
    Asos can be ridiculously over priced.

Help me find nice clothes, ones that i can feel classy and well dressed in.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Help us out here with your age range, body shape/size, colours that suit you, budget, celebs or whoever's style you like, how casual is casual at work?

For jeans, GAP and Marks and Spencer are good for decent shapes.

Tops wise, the likes of Oasis and Warehouse tend to do nice tops for work, that could be dressed up for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭jenjoeful

Sorry - :)

I'm 23, young professional, im a size 10 on top, and 8 on trousers, a good enough figure.

And i've also done warehouse, oasis, mango etc etc just this evening. Overpriced crap! Sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Next for trousers, H&M for tops, dresses, cardigans. For work anyway. For casual clothes (I'm not sure if you're looking for two different types or if your work is casual?) it kinda depends on what you like yourself. I get a lot of stuff in New Look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Zara! I find zara are great for blazers and blouses/shirts. I love asos - but you really need to persevere with them, use numerous search items. They do have lovely clothes (designer and own brand)..... and regularly have discount codes and sales.

Topshop have nice clothes too - well worth as look. I also like M&S for plainer stuff. Failing that, dunnes savida range often has nice quality smart items at a reasonable price. If you want to splash extra euro-bucks, you can't go wrong with Brown Thomas....be prepared to spend though

I have also heard great things about Cos and & other stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

jenjoeful wrote: »
    And i've also done warehouse, oasis, mango etc etc just this evening. Overpriced crap! Sadly!
    I can find some nice stuff in all of the above. However if you want better quality you will have to spend some more money. Massimo Dutti, Sisley or Betty Barclay come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I think Dorothy Perkins do some lovely blouses and tops that are suitable for work. They have up to 30% off everything online until Midnight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

H & M are great for smart work clothes,the one next to Stephens green has a great section down stairs,next is good too and Dunnes can have some nice work dresses too.

Would anybody know any not high street shops, like boutiques etc you could get nice clothes in around Dublin?
    Thanks so much for your above help. Loving the websites? Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

For smart work stuff her is a shop on Dawson street nearerish elverys that has lovely work clothes,like shirts and tailored skirts,you'll pay though!

Think there is also still a shop across from Eddie rockets that does similar things too on south Anne st.

• Advertisement
Advertisement