Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Why would he lie?

He gave a political answer not to cut off any options. He wasn't going to say anything to upset current or potential employers and was complementary of both options that he appears to either have or would like to have.

If he said he couldn't be happier and wasn't leaving then it would be noteworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

ricero wrote: »
    I say he will regret not going to wwe in later life if he decides to stay in Japan

WWE isnt the be all and end all. A lot of wrestlers are happy to just enjoy what they do.
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    He gave a political answer not to cut off any options. He wasn't going to say anything to upset current or potential employers and was complementary of both options that he appears to either have or would like to have.

If he said he couldn't be happier and wasn't leaving then it would be noteworthy.

He said he is happy and he hardly ever works outside of NJPW. That doesnt sound like someone who is itching to leave. It sounds like someone who is actually happy with their position in life.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He said he is happy and he hardly ever works outside of NJPW. That doesnt sound like someone who is itching to leave. It sounds like someone who is actually happy with their position in life.

I am very happy in my life, doesn't mean I couldn't be happier or not interested in taking on new opportunities.

I don't see how the happy line is more noteworthy than what he said before it or what followed it

Possible WWE offer: “Of course it’s on my radar; it’d be silly of me to say it’s not on my wish list of things to do in life. It’s very flattering because I grew up watching WWE, but to be even considered employable by a company like that is a big honor for me. I’m very happy with what I’m doing now, but if the situation came up and it was the right move, I’d like to try it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I am very happy in my life, doesn't mean I couldn't be happier or not interested in taking on new opportunities.

I don't see how the happy line is more noteworthy than what he said before it or what followed it

Possible WWE offer: “Of course it’s on my radar; it’d be silly of me to say it’s not on my wish list of things to do in life. It’s very flattering because I grew up watching WWE, but to be even considered employable by a company like that is a big honor for me. I’m very happy with what I’m doing now, but if the situation came up and it was the right move, I’d like to try it

I am with DM-ICE on this. Also if you listen to the audio Devitt's sleepy head wakes up at the mention of WWE interest.

But yes he is happy with in New Japan too and "****ing loves" wrestling on UK indies.

Pro wrestling is quite different than a regular. Look at CM Punk for example. One of the top guys in the WWE but he hated it and went home. If a main eventer isnt happy with his life due to working for WWE, imagine how crap it is for those further down the card.

More money at the expense of happiness isnt something I'd imagine many people would be interested in.

• Advertisement

Pro wrestling is quite different than a regular. Look at CM Punk for example. One of the top guys in the WWE but he hated it and went home. If a main eventer isnt happy with his life due to working for WWE, imagine how crap it is for those further down the card.

More money at the expense of happiness isnt something I'd imagine many people would be interested in.
    Not the same for everyone. Punk may not like it but someone else in his shoes would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

It's basically the exact same thing a footballer says when questioned about links to another club. Being happy were you are does not equal an unwillingness to leave and is usually said so as to not p*ss off anybody involved at your club in case the move doesn't transpire.

Risk or not it's pretty clear that if WWE make Devitt a serious offer then he is going to be very tempted to take it and I for one wouldn't blame him if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love him for to be in WWE as long as they don't make him another Stereotypical Irish Person like Sheamus and Finlay just let him be himself like they did with Punk and now Bryan

Jammy git!

BhMKilMIMAAxZ1J.jpg
    Tea party with the lads tonight.. @WWESheamus @WWETensai @WWECesaro @CMPunk Thank you @RockyzToyz . pic.twitter.com/gKryhUGwGk

Devitt preparing himself for WWE backstage politics? :P

Bhe0woCIMAMnklq.jpg

You can buy his new shirt here:
    http://www.suplexwrestling.bigcartel.com/product/prince-is-dead-t-shirt-official-splx-devitt-collaboration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That picture could come back to haunt him if he ever becomes a booker somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I love the fact all our dad's have a shovel that looks exactly like that.

Shovel gets 10/10 for workrate.

Attitude Era style Hardcore match:

New Japan seem to fly over Wrestler's families over for the big January 4th Tokyo Dome show. But Devitt's Da seems to be over in Japan for the current tour:

Bi04AyFCQAEGhV7.jpg:large

Gas pic.

His match from yesterday is here versus Lance (Hoyt) Archer:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1h9ybj_lance-archer-vs-prince-devitt-njpw_sport?search_algo=2

Really good with quite the bump by Devitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I watched a match Devitt had at an ICW show in Glasgow's Garage. I think it was recent but anyway after it he gets on the mic and says wrestling in front of the 600 people in that nightclub was better than wrestling in front of thousands in Japan. Dunno if he was being legit or just trying to please the crowd but it remjnded me of he Coca Cola factory guy - the can of coke schtick and saying to every school that they were the best!

Any ideas if/when he's next wrestling on a show in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

1908222_843007439050091_911965056_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Devitt is defending his wrestling.ie title against dunkan disorderly. Their feud over the belt has been unreal. 3 of the matches can be found on wrestling.ie's youtube channel.

Summer of Devitt so.

l.jpg

I watched a match Devitt had at an ICW show in Glasgow's Garage. I think it was recent but anyway after it he gets on the mic and says wrestling in front of the 600 people in that nightclub was better than wrestling in front of thousands in Japan. Dunno if he was being legit or just trying to please the crowd but it remjnded me of he Coca Cola factory guy - the can of coke schtick and saying to every school that they were the best!

Any ideas if/when he's next wrestling on a show in Ireland?

That happens a lot of smaller shows. "[Insert city name] has the best wrestling fans in the world!"

In fairness he didn't have the stomach flu when wrestling in Glasgow that he had on January 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Has Devitt actually signed with WWE?How did I miss that..

Just saw someone else talking about the journal.ie article..

So it's still up in the air so

Tssk wrote: »

You'd see it here long before you'd see it on the journal.

Tssk wrote: »

Yeah it was just a badly researched article when it came to the WWE.

Dave Meltzer asked this morning and said there's a very good chance but no deal has been done yet.

If you don't hear it from Dave Meltzer, Mike Johnson or someone from WWE it likely isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I heard Meltzer talking about a Chris Benoit return. He's obviously right all the time though :D

Any ideas what's going on with Devitt's WWE negotiations? To quote JR, is it 'cash or creative' that's the main point to be hammered out?

Journal.ie has got the scoopz. Ha!

April 6 at Sumo Hall in Tokyo (Sunday morning our time & the morning before Wrestlemania):

Prince Devitt vs. Ryusuke Taguchi has a "Devitt must leave NJPW is he loses" stipulation.

eqdtdu.jpg

A LOVELY MAN

rovert wrote: »

A LOVELY MAN

A hint at Devitt's WWE gimmick and theme music? #He's a looooovely man, a reeeaaeal loooovely man#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

rovert wrote: »
    eqdtdu.jpg

A LOVELY MAN

A LOVELY MAN! Talk about breaking kayfabe Regal, jeez. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Careful there, William. That might offend the boys.

Advertisement