Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Team General Discussion

• 14-11-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Discuss what's going on with the NT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

This is awful exciting altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

tumbleweed....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    tumbleweed....

That's cause nobody is in here yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

It's be a tough yet interesting season so far, I think Jeff has been the one who has kept me from pushing the quit button:( I'm a perfectionist and these new tactics have thrown me off, I think though slowly we are getting to a point of knowing what work, while we lost against Italy the huge advanatge in stars they had lends me to believe if we had of pushed the TNT button with those tactics we would have won even though we had no business in doing so.

Survival is now the name of the game, we have Romania away on Friday and England at home on Sunday, we have to win one to secure our status and Romania I think are the beatable ones. Romania do have Italy on Sunday, so they may actually look at the table and think that it's between them and Italy for who auto demotes. I'm thinking select our best 15 for Romania, then wait and see what 15 they select and should they put their best out we push the TNT button.

Oh stop you're making me blush :o

But yeah you're right it has not been an easy season so far. The good news is that as long as we stay up that doesn't count for f all. Next season will be a fresh start with a far superior understanding of the tactics. The rankings and placement will be long forgotten by the time the world cup comes round. We also have a great young developing squad.

• Advertisement

I think we should field our best and fittest squad on Friday, then based on the squad they have selected make a decision on intensity. Losing that game at home to Romania put a target on our backs, we have probably been tnt'd the most out of all teams and Scotland have faced 3 wnwims....

when's Miron getting a run out? ;) I'm holding out on the Romanians. I gave him to the romanian u20's in a huff and regretted it almost immediately!

I would agree with AJ, this season has been about the zonals (for club and country) I think some teams who have got good results against me have been using old tactics, but in the long run you're better off getting used to it.

this season will stand to the team (coaching and players) and we'll be set for the next season.

eoferrall wrote: »
    when's Miron getting a run out? ;) I'm holding out on the Romanians. I gave him to the romanian u20's in a huff and regretted it almost immediately!

I would agree with AJ, this season has been about the zonals (for club and country) I think some teams who have got good results against me have been using old tactics, but in the long run you're better off getting used to it.

this season will stand to the team (coaching and players) and we'll be set for the next season.

I suspect Miron could be in anyday soon, we have a few old players still hanging in but Miron is first choice replacement forward and he will be a solid No.3 until his other skills develop more.

Phonehead wrote: »
    I suspect Miron could be in anyday soon, we have a few old players still hanging in but Miron is first choice replacement forward and he will be a solid No.3 until his other skills develop more.

I'll post up his stats and training tonight and you can see if you want something else trained up.

OT: training someone at this level certainly has an impact on the team. means there are less guys coming through to replace older players! have found myself dipping into the TM the last season or two more than usual!

In your face Romanian assholes... phew finally a sense of relief

• Advertisement

Big win Wex - Congrats!:D

Must be especially tense having the NT matches with the new tactics in place. Tricky enough when you can experiment three or four times a week, but when it's all important, that's got to be tough.
    Thankfully the team is in experienced hands.

Nice to wrap up the championship before the last set of games, nice to have a big target on our backs again:D

LOL it feels dirty hitting the WNWIM button at home against England:o:o but it's the wise move energy wise

It came off too. You were spot on about them WNWIMing us back.

Gelio wrote: »
    It came off too. You were spot on about them WNWIMing us back.

Mind games are winning :)

I would have thought a somewhat unique feat of a Grand Slam without pushing TNT once would get a piece from the Journalist;)

I would have thought a somewhat unique feat of a Grand Slam without pushing TNT once would get a piece from the Journalist;)

Yeah, but I thought you were doing the NT stuff :P

FewFew wrote: »
    Yeah, but I thought you were doing the NT stuff :P

But But But I'd have to tone it down and be all humble and stuff;)

Don't worry Wex, we know you are great and that is all that matters

• Advertisement

lol, thanks Jeff! wow S Africa through out a TNT against us in our tour game, phew we escaped with a nice 2 point win against the intensity. I reckon everyone will target us this tour as we are the form team... bring it on

lol, thanks Jeff! wow S Africa through out a TNT against us in our tour game, phew we escaped with a nice 2 point win against the intensity. I reckon everyone will target us this tour as we are the form team... bring it on

exactly the attitude! bring their best and lets see what we do against them!:)

Hey guys,

So it looks like I've been stuck with the Nat manager role. An honour, but a very time consuming one. I'm looking to get a few new faces involved with the team so if anyone here would like to give a hand and get involved just reply below or give me a PM. There are plenty of things anyone could do from grind work to tactical analysis. I'm looking at the veterans in particular who have been on the game years and feel like having a go at something fresh.

And a huge congrats Jeff on your first weekend in charge, from what looked like an impossible task we now have a decent shot of winning the championship

And a huge congrats Jeff on your first weekend in charge, from what looked like an impossible task we now have a decent shot of winning the championship

Thanks Wex. I'm really just taking the credit for the hard work put in by you and clamps.

World cup kicks off in less than 24 hours. Get involved men!

:):):)

World cup kicks off in less than 24 hours. Get involved men!

:):):)

was just browsing the BR yesterday and noticed the WC was starting and thought the place should be getting more active.

our group is fairly straight forward looking, presume we'll be looking to get through with minimum energy usage?

who are we looking at getting in the knockouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Looks like Georgia, and then Australia who will have played Canada prior to us.

Second of three group games tonight. Always get nervous that we are going to get TNT'd in these games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Second of three group games tonight. Always get nervous that we are going to get TNT'd in these games

Ok so new season new manager new tactical options. How do people think we should play vs Romania?

Advertisement