Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brendan rogers for LMA manager of the year

• 18-03-2014 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

11/4 with Paddies. I think it’s a good bet, to my mind he has had a far greater affect than Pellligrini when it comes to improving his existing players and imposing on them a style of attractive football.
    Not many voters will like Mourinho. He has never won this competition. Pelligrini’s team is financially doped. Rogers is a homegrown success who has exceeded expectations far beyond any other manager in the division. The amount of changed managers this season means only Wenger and Pulis are other possible winners. I don’t think Pulis will win it although he has done a great job. Wenger would probably need to win the double to win it but he has also done a good job.

You may say that the team that wins the league will decide this but a look at previous winners does not suggest this: Moyes*3, George Burley, Alan Curbishley, Steve Coppell *2, Pardew, Hodgson have all won.

What do posters think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clearly has a chance but only if LFC finish top or within 3 points of the winning team I think. Clearly if Arsenal win Wenger will win as that would be an excellent achievement, Chelsea or City doing it would feel like financial doping in action so the LMA might reward either Wenger or Rodgers for a close 2nd and if that was the choice then the greater points improvement of Liverpool would be most likely to be rewarded.

That's how I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

9/4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Dots1982 wrote: »
    11/4 with Paddies. I think it’s a good bet, to my mind he has had a far greater affect than Pellligrini when it comes to improving his existing players and imposing on them a style of attractive football.
    Not many voters will like Mourinho. He has never won this competition. Pelligrini’s team is financially doped. Rogers is a homegrown success who has exceeded expectations far beyond any other manager in the division. The amount of changed managers this season means only Wenger and Pulis are other possible winners. I don’t think Pulis will win it although he has done a great job. Wenger would probably need to win the double to win it but he has also done a good job.

You may say that the team that wins the league will decide this but a look at previous winners does not suggest this: Moyes*3, George Burley, Alan Curbishley, Steve Coppell *2, Pardew, Hodgson have all won.

What do posters think?

I'd say Martinez would have a good shout to that claim...

wowy wrote: »

25-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭budgemook

wowy wrote: »

Martinez has been great but his side have faltered, probably due to lack of investment, and are likely to finish in around the same place as they did last year.

Maybe next year.

• Advertisement

11-10 now, twas a fine bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

Great bet, well done

Advertisement