Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kundalini expert / specialst in Ireland

Options
  • 09-04-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

does anyone know of one in Ireland ?I think im having some symptoms of it and could do with talking to someone who knows about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

marvin2k wrote: »
    does anyone know of one in Ireland ?I think im having some symptoms of it and could do with talking to someone who knows about it

Hello there

Ok, firstly I don't really understand what you mean when you say you think you may be having some symptoms of it, could you elaborate on this?

Anyway, I know only a very very small amount of anything associated with kundalini, however in the place where im doing my yoga teacher training there is a kundalini expert doing a kundalini workshop in June. His name is Michael Colhoun. As far as I know he is based in Ireland. You could have a wee check and get some details for him online and perhaps send him a wee email. Pm me if you need me to get you some info from my tutor.

Hope this helps.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Hi girl 2 thank you very much , i found his website through google search ,

Sorry cant elaborate or else i may sound a little nutty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Hi girl 2 thank you very much , i found his website through google search ,

Sorry cant elaborate or else i may sound a little nutty :)

Great! Glad I could help. Since reading your post, I've started to read a book called Eastern Body, Western Mind, which has given a tiny bit of insight into what you might be talking about. It's all about the chakras and how they affect our everyday living. There is mention of kundalini and how it is also a factor. Interesting stuff!

Hope you get on well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

marvin

there are kundalini meditation groups around.. there was one on a monday night in blanch library.. ring them up and enquire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

marvin

there are kundalini meditation groups around.. there was one on a monday night in blanch library.. ring them up and enquire?

I've been to that and would not recommended it at all.

marvin2k experiencing the side effects of a sudden kundalini rising can be pretty intense but all it can be worked through.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

And when working through it, give it time. It can take longer than you want or expect for this to assimilate into you. :) I didnt know what it was at the time, I was since offered the explanation of kundalini, which made sense to me, but I definitely went through a change of energy that rocked my world for a few years. I didnt take classes to deal with it, but learned, all the same.

@ girl 2 - I have read that very book , its great isnt it !

@ryanne , thanks for that I would check it ou but i dont live in dub

(bdw no offence to ryanne but why does everyone on boards always assume we all live in dublin, we have computers and internet access in culchie land also you know )

@ Sharrow and Oryx -Thanks for your replies ,Could you pass on any guidance or tips on how can it be worked through ? Some of the physical stuff is painful and draining ,How long does this take , years you say ?

marvin,

I didnt persume where you lived.. twas just a pointer.. i.e. ring them up in blanch library ---find the name of the group and check online or for different groups in your area.

simple solution .. ;)

Hi rayanne , found a group in my area who i will go and check out , bdw have you ever been to the one in dublin ? is it a meditation type group or is it a support for people who are having kundalini related issues ?thanks again

The group Raven is refering to is a yoga mediation group associated with what after doing some research on them I can only term a cult and I would warn anyone off them.

The physical side effects of Kundalini rising I found to be a right pain in various parts esp the headaches.

I found being physically active and forums of transcendental meditation to be very helpful but in moderation. A rule of thumb in dealing with kundalini is to avoid overdoing anything. The system is already overdoing things, and it needs moderation and calmness. I also found cutting down on caffine helped/

http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-1.htm

• Advertisement

I only went once and they were pretty laid back.. just meditation with an emphasis on kundalini from what i remember.. all very open minded and not a cult type thing and with some lovely people.. then again i didnt stay around long enough to find out much more...

like anything in life.. go and experience, if it reasonates as good, take it, if it doesnt then dont.. use your intuition... it is dat simple!! ;o)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shamanic Reiki Healing

hi I now the Kundalini must be stimulated safely and slow otherwise, you may can pull a lot of things on the outside I mean the fear of disease

Hi there , I'm still on the lookout for some one who has come out through the other end if anyone can recommend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

Morag wrote: »
    The group Raven is refering to is a yoga mediation group associated with what after doing some research on them I can only term a cult and I would warn anyone off them.

The physical side effects of Kundalini rising I found to be a right pain in various parts esp the headaches.

I found being physically active and forums of transcendental meditation to be very helpful but in moderation. A rule of thumb in dealing with kundalini is to avoid overdoing anything. The system is already overdoing things, and it needs moderation and calmness. I also found cutting down on caffine helped/

http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-1.htm

Did the headaches eventually go away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Below is a copy and paste from a group website that I've been working through for the past ten years. It is important for a variety of reasons.

Nowadays, Kundalini is a hot topic. Many people are talking about and practicing the Kundalini. However, you have to be careful because not every movement of energy along your sushumna or the heat at the lower part of your body or energy in your crown chakra is Kundalini.
    The energy moving along your sushumna can be another type of chi. For example, if you are channeling energy or drawing some Reiki symbols at the sushumna, you will feel some energy movement at your sushumna. If you draw the symbols or channel energy to the chakras along the sushumna, the sensation will last longer as you have stimulated the chakra and there will be a lot of activity around that area. Heat from the lower part of your body can also be caused by the activity of one of your chakras, or your Kundalini may be stimulated, but not awakened yet. When you try to check the energy on top of your head, be aware that your crown chakra is located there. So, when you check the energy on the top of your head, you will feel the energy of the crown chakra.
    How can you know whether the energy you are feeling or sensing is really Kundalini energy? If your Kundalini is really awakened and the whole sushumna is already opened, you should be able to feel the energy around 1,5 meters to 2 meters (4,5 feet to 6 feet) above your head and you can feel that this energy sprays from the top of your head. If you make a cutting movement across the energy fountain, you can feel that you are cutting an upward flowing current. The best and most accurate way of checking your Kundalini is, of course, by using your Inner Heart. Only your Inner Heart knows the real truth. By using your Inner Heart, you will never get lost on your spiritual path.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Frauchan

Did you ever find an expert. I have a therapist who is aware but need a GP to modify symptoms

Hi Frauchan ,

Never found someone to talk to face to face who knew where I was coming from and had dealt with it themselves unfortunately , however I did have correspondance with the lady who runs this site below who was extremely helpful and generous with information , also this video made me feel more normal and stop questioning my sanity .

http://ourlightbody.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62QshuezTYc

Hi Frauchan ,

Never found someone to talk to face to face who knew where I was coming from and had dealt with it themselves unfortunately , however I did have correspondance with the lady who runs this site below who was extremely helpful and generous with information , also this video made me feel more normal and stop questioning my sanity .

http://ourlightbody.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62QshuezTYc
    Thanks for the links. I've been living with k syndrome since 1996 and as a result of physical trauma last year it has accentuated the physical symptoms. I have had weekly Skype sessions in past year with Tara Springett which had kept me grounded through the physical pain. I just have to ride this out and surrender Wishing you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

If you want my advice keep it practical. There is so much talk on the internet about kundalini and other eastern concepts that are difficult to understand from a western perspective. Get yourself an experienced bodywork therapist who can help you move the energy that's stirring in your body to release, and provide a safe environment where you can release and then talk through the feelings that come with it. I've had some bananas symptoms to deal with and don't know where I'd be if I had tried to approach it from an eastern philosophical perspective only
    I can recommend someone if you need it. I hope you're not despairing...it can feel like madness at times, it's important to focus on grounding as much as possible to keep a handle on things.

• Advertisement

Thank you Lolo. I am a body oriented psychotherapist. My symptoms are easing. But still uncomfortable. They are entirely physical but I've worked this past year with Tara Soringett on Skype. But would appreciate knowing who in Ireland has been through this and is qualified to accompanied others.

Frauchan wrote: »
    Thank you Lolo. I am a body oriented psychotherapist. My symptoms are easing. But still uncomfortable. They are entirely physical but I've worked this past year with Tara Soringett on Skype. But would appreciate knowing who in Ireland has been through this and is qualified to accompanied others.

Hi I was responding to the OP with my post.
    I would think a bodywork therapist would still need another to work through this stuff though?
    Do you know anyone running a group by any chance? I could really do with finding one where people are working through this stuff as it can be a lonely road at times.

Do you work with the Alexander Lowen stuff as a therapist?

Yes. Very like Lowen. I go to a rolfer but they're not trained in psychotherapy. Who do you recommend?

Frauchan wrote: »
    Yes. Very like Lowen. I go to a rolfer but they're not trained in psychotherapy. Who do you recommend?

sending pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kevin81

I realize this is an old thread, but I also know that kundalini awakening is an ongoing process. With that said, I live in Dublin and have a lifetime of kundalini experience. I have a blog that explores the subject but I'm not allowed put the link up here :-( But you can find it on google if you search "formlessarts accidental yogi."

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about specific kundalini related stuff :-)
    Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

Interesting article here that challenges the need to search for a more knowledgeable experienced person . Something that a lot of people in the throes of kundalini would understandably feel the need to do .

I cant post the link but if you google " Do I need a teacher kundalini Consortium "then you should find it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I am not aware of any Kundalini expert in Ireland, I am aware of an 82 year old woman in Devon, namely Lilla Bek who is still working and has written many articles on the subject. For those who want her address please PM me.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Here is Lilla Bek's website:

http://lillabek.com/welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭HighKing33

Honestly, if there was a bona fide kundalini expert in Ireland then we would be talking about a real live, walking talking Buddha. What we have instead are a lot of life-style counselors, many of whom may be lovely people but kundalini experiences are intense and they tend to snowball into all consuming, spiritual emergencies - the like of which we do not yet understand.

I would echo what a poster above suggested and remove caffeine from your diet. Drinking alcohol or smoking is a no-no, complete abstinence is the only real option here. Don't even think about doing drugs, illegal or prescribed. If your digestive system is struggling you may benefit from going gluten and dairy free. Yoga is important, it can be simple, beginners stuff along with regular exercise that gets the blood flowing like a nice, long walk.

Meditation is absolutely essential, in fact it will become the cornerstone of your life. Real meditation means stilling the mind, completely relinquishing the interior monologue, not posing in front of your incense burner pretending you're enlightened.

Try a youtube search for the channel Bodhisattva Vow, there is some very good information there if you are interested in the more esoteric side of kundalini awakening, such as o.b.e.s and the like. (That's the channel Bodhisattva Vow, not the Beastie Boys song :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

HighKing33 wrote: »

Meditation is absolutely essential, in fact it will become the cornerstone of your life. Real meditation means stilling the mind, completely relinquishing the interior monologue, not posing in front of your incense burner pretending you're enlightened.

I have heard this advice but also come across its complete opposite .There are those that would advise someone suffering from Kundalini symptoms to lay off meditative practices altogether . Often it is meditation in the first place that can kick something like Kundalini issues off . Meditative techniques that turn focus inward like Yoga , Qigong, Tai chi , Zen meditation etc can all amp up the "energy " in the subtle body . If the body is already struggling to adjust to a higher current of energy than it can handle then activities which increase prana could just make symptoms worse .

Advertisement