Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Scores & Personal Records?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I did something I've never done before bowling today, so I suppose it's kind of a record - I bowled it straight into the gutter, but with such force that it bounced back out of the gutter and I got a strike. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Highest is 188 when I was on holidays on Stockholm and I very, very, very rarely bowl - generally only when me and my gf are bored with nothing to do we go for the craic and I whup her :) . I have a weird style but it seems to work (use my two fingers as the lead fingers) and I always get at least about 130 or 140 whenever I bowl. Been considering getting into it more often - many leagues going and how much would a ball cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Hi Johnb03,

Glad to see some new faces looking to get more involved in the sport.

in relation to leagues there are many leagues in different alleys, would all depend on where your located.

and in relation to the equipment once again it would all depend on how much you are willing to invest and what your plans are for the Bowling.

You can PM me where your located and i might be able to get you more information. I will be out getting a new ball myself tomorrow so if you want i can get you some prices or even give you details of the pro shop i go to. he is very helpful and will help you out with the equipment choice.

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 6 antoc9899

Dug up my old account from 4+ years ago to comment on this :)
    Only been bowling just over a year now(starting from when i went to BYOB nights at Leisureplex Coolock) and have went most Thursdays since

Went to 4 Rock n Bowl tournaments there, in a team with 3 friends and we've won all 4 so far, going for number 5 soon :P

My personal best is 202, which im happy with, considering when i first started my first score was 65ish :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Wish this forum was busier as bowling has totally consumed my life! :D

Started bowling in my first league last year. Jul - Nov and took high scratch game (231), high handicap game (271) and high handicap series (634).

My goals for the year are to bring my avg. up to 160 (153 now)
    Bowl a closed game
    Cash in a tournament
    Bowl a 600 series

I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago and bowled a 594 and then bowled a 599. Gutted to miss the 600 by 1 solitary pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Some good scores there! My high game is still only 265 and my highest average was 181 but while I still love bowling, I don't bowl regularly any more...

Hoping to change that later this year. We'll see.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Some good scores there! My high game is still only 265 and my highest average was 181 but while I still love bowling, I don't bowl regularly any more...

Hoping to change that later this year. We'll see.

Do you play in Dublin at all? My brother and dad play in the Leisureplex league. I'm flying home in a few weeks to play some games with them :)

265 is still a pretty decent game. Did you only spare twice in that game? Once somewhere around the 4th and again in the 10th?

Do you play in Dublin at all? My brother and dad play in the Leisureplex league. I'm flying home in a few weeks to play some games with them :)

265 is still a pretty decent game. Did you only spare twice in that game? Once somewhere around the 4th and again in the 10th?

I play in East Anglia, when I do manage to play :) Yup, 10 strikes in that game, I can't remember exactly where I spared but it was early in the game and then in the tenth so I'd say you're about right. I have the printout somewhere at my parent's house in Ireland. Other than that my high games are all in the 230s and one other in the 240s. I've bowled some appallingly low games too though :D

I play in East Anglia, when I do manage to play :) Yup, 10 strikes in that game, I can't remember exactly where I spared but it was early in the game and then in the tenth so I'd say you're about right. I have the printout somewhere at my parent's house in Ireland. Other than that my high games are all in the 230s and one other in the 240s. I've bowled some appallingly low games too though :D

Been there :o bowled a 128 in the league a few weeks back... Needless to say we lost that game! :D

Back in action tonight after an injury had me off the last 3 weeks. Picked up the IQ Tour Fusion in Vegas just before the injury so have only managed to throw 6 frames with it.

Hoping to post back here later with a 600 series :p :cool:

Missed out last night on a closed game and a chance to beat my high score. Bombed pretty hard in the 10th.

X 9/ X X X 9/ X X X X

Stepping up to the 10th someone on the next lane distracted me and instead of resetting and trying again I just powered through. Huge mistake. Drilled it across brooklyn for 6 leaving the 1,3,6,10. Missed the spare.

Gutted.

• Advertisement

Missed out last night on a closed game and a chance to beat my high score. Bombed pretty hard in the 10th.

X 9/ X X X 9/ X X X X

Stepping up to the 10th someone on the next lane distracted me and instead of resetting and trying again I just powered through. Huge mistake. Drilled it across brooklyn for 6 leaving the 1,3,6,10. Missed the spare.

Gutted.

Ouch! Still, I don't know what you got in the last frame other than the initial 6 but that's a minimum 217! Nice score but I can imagine you must be gutted too. Fair play to you.

Sorry, never said about the 10th. 6, 3. Left the 10 pin standing somehow. 6 pin whipped around it.

Finished out with 223. Needed to strike to beat my personal best of 231. Gutted but happy at the same time.

Back in here for all the wrong reasons this week. Shot my lowest game in any league/tournament to date.

It was reminiscent of Tom Daugherty making his TV debut.

End score: 114 :o

I almost don't know who to feel sorriest for in that video :)

Breaks 100 \o/ :)

Gets a 299 /o\ :(

Yep, low score games happen. Strangely, first competition I ever entered I got 181, 164 and 139...at a time when my average was 146. After the first two games the guys on the other team were murmuring about 'sandbagging', not realising that both games had been my highest scores ever at that time :D

A year later I played against one of them again and bowled to 200+ games and a 119 :)

I almost don't know who to feel sorriest for in that video :)

Breaks 100 \o/ :)

Gets a 299 /o\ :(

Yep, low score games happen. Strangely, first competition I ever entered I got 181, 164 and 139...at a time when my average was 146. After the first two games the guys on the other team were murmuring about 'sandbagging', not realising that both games had been my highest scores ever at that time :D

A year later I played against one of them again and bowled to 200+ games and a 119 :)

Heh, I got accused of sandbagging in my first tournament. League average was 144 at the time and shot back to back 200's :D followed by a 170 something

Should have switched ball after the second game last night as the lane had broken down so much, just couldn't get a consistent line.

Bowl a closed game
    Cash in a tournament
    Bowl a 600 series

Can scratch these off the list now :)

Bowled a 255 (new high game) last night and a total series of 603.

Fantastic! Congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Wish this forum was busier as bowling has totally consumed my life! :D

Started bowling in my first league last year. Jul - Nov and took high scratch game (231), high handicap game (271) and high handicap series (634).

Bowl a closed game
    Cash in a tournament
    Bowl a 600 series

I was in Las Vegas 3 weeks ago and bowled a 594 and then bowled a 599. Gutted to miss the 600 by 1 solitary pin.

Totally stealing this, though mine is a lot less impressive :(

Goals for next year are to bring my avg. up to 150 (120 ~ 140 now)
    Bowl a closed game
    Reach semi final in local tournaments (not sanctioned league, only new yet so still getting my skills up)
    Bowl a 500 series

Still no further update on "cashing in a tournament" for me :(

Bottled one a few weeks back. There's another tomorrow but I stand no chance against the others. Handicap is maxed at 25 pins. Even with my avg + handicap I'll only get to 208 and a lot of the guys playing have averages above 220.

Highest is 229.

Flibbles wrote: »

Bowl a closed game
    Reach semi final in local tournaments (not sanctioned league, only new yet so still getting my skills up)
    Bowl a 500 series

Have yet to do any of these. Rough few months!

• Advertisement

Bowl a closed game
    Bowl a 500 series

Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dubsfan

My 12 year old bowled a 179 on Saturday his top score to date was getting a 204 a few months back hoping he can pull out some of the same for comp in Tallaght the weekend

Bowl a closed game
    Bowl a 500 series

Sosososososososo close to striking clean game off :(

http://i.imgur.com/Piy42EA.jpg

Sosososososososo close to striking clean game off :(

http://i.imgur.com/Piy42EA.jpg

Unlucky man. Still a good game though :)

Unlucky man. Still a good game though :)

Thanks! Should have also said, that was my new personal best.

New PB from last night too, 189!

188 and a 189 within days of each other... that 200 is only around the corner!

188 and a 189 within days of each other... that 200 is only around the corner!

:D

Had the realisation last Wednesday that I was still forcing my backswing, then on Monday realised I was moving my feet too fast and losing the shot.

Only way is up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

:D

Had the realisation last Wednesday that I was still forcing my backswing, then on Monday realised I was moving my feet too fast and losing the shot.

Only way is up now!

yeah, very easy to try force it, especially going for a 3rd strike.

anyway wd mate, that 200 game won't be long coming.

yeah, very easy to try force it, especially going for a 3rd strike.

anyway wd mate, that 200 game won't be long coming.

Threw a 191, nearly clean game (completely blew rotation on one frame, far too much on the first roll, then far too little on the second. Hit the 4/7/8 on the first, then 6/9/10 on the second) so I threw a 3-3. That bit of stupidity cost me a 200 game :(

The joys of low oil, this was using a plastic up the 10 board.

• Advertisement

Is that on a non-oiled lane using a house ball? If so, 191 is a pretty impressive score.

You're inching your way closer to that 200. Is 191 you're new PB?

Advertisement