Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Depositing funds in PP account

Options
  • 10-03-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Just set up an account with Paddy Power and was just wondering about depositng funds. The way I wanted to do it was with the debit card attached to my bank account. Now the card I have is a Visa debit but this option isn't available in the debit card section. Do I then select credit card seeing as it has a Visa option? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yeah just select visa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Cheers Dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Just to let you know, banks are really cutting back on loans / Mortgages where they see betting history in your bank account (Not saying you will be looking for either but just to make you aware). There was a thread recently about this in banking & insurance & pensions "Mortgage refusal due to online betting".

I used do it online but now just go to the local paddypower, and write your username / account on a docket with the amount of money and say you want to put it into your account, hand over the cash, they ask your address, a detail or two and its done instantly. They can also set you up for a cash card which you can use to withdraw cash from your accound in shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Just to let you know, banks are really cutting back on loans / Mortgages where they see betting history in your bank account (Not saying you will be looking for either but just to make you aware). There was a thread recently about this in banking & insurance & pensions "Mortgage refusal due to online betting".

I used do it online but now just go to the local paddypower, and write your username / account on a docket with the amount of money and say you want to put it into your account, hand over the cash, they ask your address, a detail or two and its done instantly. They can also set you up for a cash card which you can use to withdraw cash from your accound in shop.

I'm more than aware of this and was one of the reasons why I've held off so long on having an online account. Only reason I set it up was because I am off work sick this week and fancied backing a few at Cheltenham. Now that it's over I've cleared out the balance ( massive €1.25 profit for the week :P) and I'll be keeping any bets to cash only in store. Only 23 so I'd imagine it won't have a negative effect on any loan I might need in the future.

Advertisement