Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men's Roller Derby World Cup

• 08-03-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

The countdown is on! I'm flying over to Birmingham on Thursday to cheer on the Boys in Green as they take on the best of the planet.
    Their pool includes Team France, Team Germany and the Wizards of Aus from Australia.

Pool games take place on Friday and will consist of 30 minute bouts.

Schedule is

11:00 - France V Ireland
    16:30 - Ireland V Australia
    18:00 - Ireland V Germany

Updates and streams will be available from http://live.mrdwc.com/

CAN'T WAIT! ARGH!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

I'm so annoyed! My Friday morning flight has been delayed so now I'm not going to arrive until after the France v Ireland game! at least I'll make the other 2 on the Friday!

Are you announcing the Irish games froodie?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

I'll be announcing the Australia one on the livestream, that's all, unfortunately.
    I'm announcing Belgium v Canada, Japan v Scotland and Germany v France at the venue - can't waaaait! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Froodie, if that was you announcing at the ECC bout yesterday, your costume was awesome :)
    You must have needed lots of honey and lemon for your throat after, well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭froodie

Froodie, if that was you announcing at the ECC bout yesterday, your costume was awesome :)
    You must have needed lots of honey and lemon for your throat after, well done! :)

Yep, that was me :) I had an absolute blast! Come say hi next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

froodie wrote: »
    I'll be announcing the Australia one on the livestream, that's all, unfortunately.
    I'm announcing Belgium v Canada, Japan v Scotland and Germany v France at the venue - can't waaaait! :)

My two fav nationalities, on skates.... I ooze jealousy

C'MERE TO ME LADS should we not be organising a meet up to watch this in a pub or something? ;)

I may have to ask for Friday off work just to enjoy this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Anyone watching this today? Apparently someone on our roster got pretty beat up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Anyone watching this today? Apparently someone on our roster got pretty beat up! :(

Yep, was watching that bout. T'was Rave N' and he possibly broke his leg? Poor lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

Brilliant result against ninJapan this morning! Fingers crossed for the boys against Germany at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

RaeRae wrote: »
    Yep, was watching that bout. T'was Rave N' and he possibly broke his leg? Poor lad!

Spiral fracture in both tibia and fibia bones in his leg. There's an online collection to help him out financially as he's stranded in the UK (unable to fly back to San Fran) for 6 weeks.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-rave-n-busther

Advertisement