Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of the greatest Money Backs ever?

• 28-02-2014 9:31am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Paddy Power are refunding on the horses that finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Supreme Novices Hurdle at Cheltenham! :D
    Max refund of 50 per customer.
    There's not a massive amount of horses that would be good enough
    to finish in the 1st 4 and if the race cuts up, happy days.
    Also they are Money Back if your horse is a Non Runner :D
    All you need to do is decide when to back and my opinion would be on the day when all the other bookies try to bump up their prices to be Top Price.
    No Brainer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Credit to Powers, it’s a fantastic offer whatever the prices, you would have to be a total curmudgeon to object.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

Yeah, its a good one in fairness but not as generous as the Hurricane Fly deal last year which was a real earner!

Which horse to back now....!?

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

They will have to pay out on the winner and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th, last year they mightn't have had to pay out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Its a far far better offfer than last year, regardless of last years result. Haven't done the sums yet but with the expected size of the field it should be quite simple to back 6 or 7 horses in PP ans lay them for a place on Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

I am on Irving for a nice few quid at 7's - so I think I will bet 25 quid win on 2 others as a safety net - could have the race well covered with 3 horses going for a return with the insurance of getting your money back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

pretty decent offer.

• Advertisement

I am on Irving for a nice few quid at 7's - so I think I will bet 25 quid win on 2 others as a safety net - could have the race well covered with 3 horses going for a return with the insurance of getting your money back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

pretty decent offer.

No need to restrict yourself to €25 Malarkey, plenty of ways around that.

was just thinking that myself, I've gone with Vautour and Wicklow Brave to have the front 3 covered in the race might raise them to 50 each but to be fair I have a big portfolio down now don't think I will bet much more until I start getting the NRNB / NRFBs that will be popping in day by day.

*Point to note for anyone that has backed Victors NRFB make sure you log in each morning of the festival as the non runner free bet will be returned the morning of the event if its a non runner. As far as I know the free bet must be used that day or you lose it, that could catch a few people out, It would be a shame to log in the next day and see its gone.

*Point to note for anyone that has backed Victors NRFB make sure you log in each morning of the festival as the non runner free bet will be returned the morning of the event if its a non runner. As far as I know the free bet must be used that day or you lose it, that could catch a few people out, It would be a shame to log in the next day and see its gone.

I was actually under the impression that the free bet had to be used in teh same race, although Im not 100%?? The only antepost I did with them was The Tulow Tank and they have refunded that in total as have most bookies.

I was actually under the impression that the free bet had to be used in teh same race, although Im not 100%?? The only antepost I did with them was The Tulow Tank and they have refunded that in total as have most bookies.

I had the same got returned once it was announced owner didn't want to run it but for other bets (I have 10 in total with them 3 on day 1) I believe as long as its used for any other race at Cheltenham it is valid as per the below.

"All 'Non-Runner Free Bet' Promo Cash that is awarded must be used to place a bet on a horse racing market at Cheltenham 2014"

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

The Tulow Tank and they have refunded that in total as have most bookies.

I think Hills were the only ones that didn't refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Its a far far better offfer than last year, regardless of last years result. Haven't done the sums yet but with the expected size of the field it should be quite simple to back 6 or 7 horses in PP ans lay them for a place on Betfair.

It's nowhere near as good as last years.

It was possible to lock in much better profits with last years offer.

Advertisement