Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Law of Attraction gone wrong?

• 06-01-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I practised reiki years ago and found it very positive. (Or i should say i found Reiki I positive, Reiki II not so much.) But I suppose life got in the way and I left it to one side.

However, in the last 4 months I got back into it in a big way. So much that I'm starting to see blue sparks (and the odd white and sometimes green spark). I've read that these are sometimes the start of developing our psychic abilities.
    I find them very comforting - the lights will often appear if I need an answer to a question. Or sometimes they will appear over a friend, who's a positive influence in my life.
    I also at times feel overwhelming love for mankind. I'm assuming this has got to do with my heart chakra being open?

BTW I'm aware that im sensitive to negative people and emotions so I always ask for protection from lower energies and people when practising and also in daily life.
    This all seems really positive but I'm just wondering why I've had a run of bad luck at the moment.

My beloved pet died a few weeks before Christmas that left me heartbroken. I did a course that completely knocked my confidence and I wasn't able to work for a few weeks. Then I met a guy that I really connected with (and this is rare for me) but it ended badly, and left me very hurt.
    I also need to move house and I'm finding it hard to get something suitable.
    I am trying hard to focus on the positives in my life. All I want to do is give back love to the Universe but (sorry for sounding dramatic) but I sometimes feel the Universe is taking the love from me.

What do you think? I thought I would be attracting good things into my life, but it seems to be the opposite.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 jenny1964

i can't help you i am not psychic. but something i know i bought the book THE SECRET and nothing happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Thanks for the reply Jenny

I'm not a big fan of the Secret. I believe in the Law of Attraction allright but I don't like how The Secret handles it.

I'm just wondering am I doing something wrong or holding onto some self-limiting belief and this is why I'm not attracting good things?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Hi Milli Milli
    The Spiritual laws that you are using are exact, and they don’t adjust to suit anyone’s individual point of view or expectations, there is a reason why very few people are interested or involved with their own spirituality, and it is because it means that they would have to take a real look at themselves and take responsibility for themselves, this means changing (themselves), and that is the last thing they want to do.

That said; You however have chosen to involve yourself with your own spirituality, you have opened a door so to speak, and seen and experienced that there is more to this world than meets the eye, (feeling reiki energy and seeing energy-sparks), the thing is that once you open this door there is no going back, hence your return to reiki, you can spend years or even lifetimes, going in and out, turning on and off you interest/commitment to your spirit self. Until one day you ‘turn on’ to your spiritual self and don’t turn it off.

I have written a piece on protection that you might find interesting, I will add it to the end of this.

You are ‘playing’ with the law of attraction, or should I say ‘becoming aware’ of it, and this responds to our inner/spiritual state/feelings, not just our wants and wishes (as ‘The Secret’ would have us believe) or our outer/human state/thoughts. This law is designed to show us ourselves, and what/who we attract into our lives only serves to ‘bring out the best and the worst in us’, so what you are attracting at the moment, ‘the run of bad luck’ is bringing out/up or showing you, your feelings.

These feelings that you are experiencing, for instance feeling heartbroken when your pet died (I lost my own 14 yr old dog just before xmas too), this is sadness, (did you practice reiki during this time?) This is what the law of attraction is responding to, your sadness, and it’s (the universe) providing you with more of the same (reasons to be sad/worried/negative). The sadness is/was within you in the first place.

You see things not working out for you, but from a spiritual point of view things are working out ‘perfectly’, you already have the tools to change, you know how to ‘turn on’ the spiritual energy, as you said you let ‘life get in the way’ the key is not to let ‘life get in the way’ and practice or make sure the energy is ‘turned on’ through the thick and the thin, the ups and the downs of life, this may sound a bit harsh or heartless, but it is better than staying sad or empty or angry or fearful.

The spiritual way/path is not about ‘having good things’ (outside things) in your life, it’s about the inner you, how do you feel when you have spiritual energy flowing through you (reiki)? Could this become the ‘good thing’ in your life, because if it could, then you would be in control of ‘the good things in your life’ and not dependent on “luck” or the universe giving or taking your love to/from you, you can produce your own love and good in your life when you learn to focus on your inner stuff and not your outer stuff.

Just a word on your ‘overwhelming love for mankind’, first thing I would say is ‘own this’ as your own love, not to or from or for anyone or anything, but simply you ‘being’ love itself, you producing/manufacturing love. However this overwhelming love for mankind must include ALL of mankind including the negative kind of man, true spiritual love does not withhold itself from anyone or anything as it is within all, including the negative and nasty, in fact it’s the negative and the nasty that serve us the most, as this ‘tests’ if we can really ‘shine light in the face of darkness’ or do we stop the light shining by putting up a protective barrier or shield, thus cutting ourselves off from the flow of life/love.

Happy Every Day
    P
    I know this is very long but I don’t know how to put it up as a link !

Protection

I want to look at the notion or concept of protection from a spiritual point of view and also from a human perception. From a human perception it is wise to protect your person and property from those that would do you harm and seek to take what does not belong to them, however the same does not apply to spirit. From a spiritual point of view the notion of protection is nonexistent as spirit shares itself with itself and cannot diminish or deny that function as to do so would be entertaining the thought of, and an act of, separation.

When I first started going to spiritual awareness groups over twenty years ago, I would have been told to ask and I also read about asking spirit guides and angels for protection and also to open and close my own aura or energy field, which I did for a number of years, however as I was learning and growing and my spiritual knowing was expanding I now know that the idea of spiritual energy protecting itself from another spiritual being is impossible and nurturing this idea only serves to limit any spiritual connection in whoever is entertaining the notion, this also applies to opening and closing your aura or energy field which is impossible because it is connected to infinite life, again this merely turns whoever is doing this (spiritually) on and off and has no ‘protective’ value.

Spirit is light and light shines on all equally without restriction or judgment or limit, spirit grows or receives it power or nourishment by giving itself away(sharing) and so it has more to give, The idea of protection from a spiritual point is to impose human values onto spirit and human values are limited restricted and judgemental.

Just as love and peace are two aspects within the same energy so too are protection and separation aspects of the same energy, born at the same time, protection is a membrane or casing encapsulating the thought of separation, creating form where their was no form, like a bubble of air within a liquid the membrane protects what is inside from what is outside.

As humans we see ourselves as separate and indeed we are separate beings, I am here and you are there and no matter how close we get to each other we remain separate entities, and so everything else that we see, we see as separate life forms because we are looking at life through this protective membrane of separation. Because being human entails being separate, life is seen and experienced as a collection of separate bits and pieces with space in-between. We gather some of these separate bits and pieces of life, be they people places or things, we apply various degrees of value to these and keep them near to ourselves either physically mentally or emotionally and call or label them mine and then we seek to protect what is mine by whatever means available on a personal level, and on a larger collective scale to the point of killing each other or having others killed in our name. This is the way of this world of separation, the way it is meant to be.

There is another aspect of that same energy that was born with separation and protection and that is fear, and fear created thoughts within its protective bubble of separation, fear of loneliness, fear of abandonment, and fear of retribution fear of loss. This is what is born into this human world of separation in the form of separate human beings. We are all born with the fearful thought of separation encapsulated within our bodies.

Because the thought of separation is only a thought and in reality (reality being that we are spiritual beings not human beings) cannot be, this then can only mean one thing, that separation has not actually occurred !, so why then are we experiencing it as a reality ? Because by choosing to entertain the thought of protection we automatically choose fear and separation because they are of the same energy and so inseparable and so we perpetuate lifetime after lifetime until we choose to learn and grow beyond our human form and experience.

If separation is perceived to be contained within individual life forms, then what it is separate from is outside of these life forms and that is non-separation or oneness, which is spirit or life without form, and life being what it is, it is the same life energy within and surrounding all form of life despite any thought of separation or idea of protection surrounding it.

When we as humans seek protection from spirit, no matter for who what or why we seek it, what we are doing is reinforcing the thought of separate beings, and then to treat that separate part or entity as ‘special’ is to hold the belief that you are more important and somehow different from the rest of life, special-ness demands, and believes it is more deserving of protection and attention from spirit, and strong beliefs create a strong barrier encasing the fear based thought of separation and protecting fear itself and so making it stronger or more real then it actually is.

Examples of this are as follows;

Marie is fearful of intruders breaking into her home at night and as a result she locks herself into her bedroom every night (knowing that this is not a safe practice in the event of fire or other emergency) and prays to and asks Archangel Michael to protect her and her house. On hearing this I pointed out to Marie how the fear is present and repeating itself every night BECAUSE THE FEAR IS WITHIN HER and this is what she asks to be protected every night insuring its survival into the future, I suggested that instead of seeking protection she should recognise and own the fear and despite its presence shine light unconditionally from her heart filling herself her room and her house with light knowing that she is joining in with the spirit of oneness shining light.
    I later received a message to say she now sleeps soundly and peacefully in her unlocked bedroom for the first time in years.

Sally is a young mother who worries constantly about her child, imagining all sorts of illness and accidents befalling her little girl and every day she calls on Archangel Michael to protect her as she goes off to school or out to play with her friends, and then Sally spends her time anxiously waiting her safe return.
    I pointed out to her how her daughter has her own guides and angels who know what her life journey entails and that her thoughts of protection do not leave her and so she herself gets the protection she seeks, and that SHE is still full of fear and what ever may happen to her child is outside of her control, although she did not want to hear or like hearing this, logically she knew it was true, I also talked about excepting the reality of this world as it is or will be whether we like it or not and that she can only control and change herself. After doing some shining light and self love exercises Sally realised how she was protecting her own fear by her dally requests for her daughter’s protection and she chose to shine light rather then worrying and imagining the worst when she and her daughter were apart. Because worrying was a part of Sally’s make up, not only was it her instinct to revert to it but it was also effortless, so it was a bit of a struggle at first for her to change her behaviour but with the determination and the willingness to change she started spending more and more of her time on her spiritual practice connecting to her spirit self.
    Sally tells me she can see how this is having a positive effect on her daughter who used to show outward signs of becoming a worrier but is now a confident outgoing little girl.

Spiritual Vs human

Being spiritual (not religious) involves recognising habitual voluntary human instincts and behaviour patterns, (involuntary instincts are needed as basic survival tools for the body) and over time choosing to stop and change and replace these, however in order to do this we must first know of another option (a spiritual one) in order to be able to choose to change and replace these natural human instincts, changing one behaviour pattern for another without any spiritual involvement is control and more of the same and so no change at all.

Being spiritual involves only one choice and once made there is noting else to do except to get to know this BEING. In the transition from being human to being spiritual this one choice will be made over and over again and again and every time it is made a lesson is learned (which may be remembered or forgotten quite quickly only to be learned again) and a deeper understanding of the self is revealed as you grow towards knowing oneself which is spirit.
    Being spiritual is a feeling and so has no form no shape no colour no smell no sound no mass or texture, no face no brain no memory no story no history none of the human senses and nonsense are required in fact they all have to be relinquished as one state of being is chosen over the other . This also means that spirit has nothing to protect and so the concept of protection simply does not, never has and never will arise. This is in stark contradiction to being human which is all about form shape colour smell sound and touch all protected within the containing shell of a body and that protection is projected outwards onto the bits and pieces of the world it is surrounded by.
    What I am saying here is that the idea or concept of protection is part of being human and has nothing to do with being spiritual.

I know and have met many people over the years who would class themselves as being spiritual that would regularly say “I have to protect myself” from lower vibration energy people or beings (which I used to do and say myself until I knew different) and what I have said to some of these who were open to listening is that the word spirit means all (not just dead people) and so you or we are part of all and spirit shares itself or shines equally on all through us all as ‘I am shining’, and as light cannot choose who what or where it does and doesn’t shine on neither can or does spirit, and if you make the choice who or where or when the light shines from you, you are making that decision purely from your human or ego self. Again this is the way of this world of separation, the way it is meant to be so that we can see and feel what we are, be that judgemental fearful angry vengeful hateful and so on and on.

The way of this world applies equally to all that have chosen to be born into it, race class colour gender religion and nationality all play a part in the way of this world, these are all labels for the different groupings that are applied to us all and that we then apply to ourselves, some can spend a lifetime trying to achieve, keep or change one or more of these labels. These labels and grouping form the make up of our physical surroundings and circumstances and these also form the basis of protectionist thinking, these are the very core elements of separation and from a spiritual point of view they are the tools we need, in order to see what we have become or more importantly what ‘I have become’, as only I can change and we can only change one at a time.

In this world our circumstances and surroundings vastly differ from place to place and grouping to grouping, yet on an individual level we have one thing in common that transcends any and all of these differences and that is FEELINGS, behind the image of our human self lies our own truth and no amount of protection from any angel, being or god can shield us form it, take it away or change it. The way of this world is every way and any way that shows us and more to the point shows you or ‘I’ how we are feeling.

Feelings do not form part of these labels and groupings, Love and peace, fear or anger are neither male or female, black white yellow brown or red, rich or poor, Islamic Christian Hindu or Jewish. Feelings are so much of an intrinsic part of the self, like a heartbeat or a breath they cannot be shared only experienced on a personal human level or on a spiritual level, because feelings are the tool that either breaks down or reinforces the barrier of separation,

The feeling of Love is a spiritual quality or creation and extends itself unconditionally without restriction it never leaves its creator and so needs no protection or help
    The feeling of Peace is a spiritual quality or creation and extends itself unconditionally without restriction it never leaves its creator and so needs no protection or help
    The feeling of Fear is a human quality or creation and does not extend itself it never leaves its creator and stays protected within the mind and body of the fearful
    The feeling of Anger is a human quality or creation and does not extend itself it never leaves its creator and stays protected within the mind and body of the angry. You can hit out in anger or throw a stone in anger but when you’ve finished hitting out and your stones are gone you still have your anger to do it all again and again and again.

Feelings are crystal clear in showing, ‘what’ they need to show which is, ‘themselves’, and who they need to show themselves to, ‘yourself’, and then you are left with that wonderful power ‘the power of choice’ and here is where you can feel and ‘know’ your truth, your state of being, are you being ‘human’ or ‘spiritual’ .The way of this world is to offer you the power of choice over and over again and again and what you are choosing over and over is whether you want to keep and increase or grow your feelings or do you want to change them because every time a feeling is experienced it increases itself i.e. anger gets angrier hate gets more hateful fear gets more fearful and so on, just as love gets lovelier and peace becomes more peaceful. All feelings are created by whoever is feeling them, we tend to lose sight of this as we search for the reason, or someone or something to blame, why we feel this way so we can justify it, ownership is often the last thing we would consider when it comes to sadness or anger yet no matter how our anger and sadness are expressed outwardly no one outside of ourselves can actually feel them with us, a group may be sad and morn together but we still only feel individually within the group.

Love peace joy and gratitude are already created by spirit and we only have to be spiritual to join with this creation, and this is what we feel.
    Every other feeling is created by the thought of separation in the form of humans, we only have to defend justify and protect any of these other feelings to join with this creation and what you will feel is the absence of love peace joy and gratitude in the form of fear in one or more of all its many many guises.

Spiritual Vs Religion

Being spiritual and thinking you are spiritual or acting out what you think is spiritual, are different things. Spirit is love and Love needs no reason, ritual, icon, special time or place, direction faced, building, or book in order to be and share itself as it was doing this before any and all of the above list were thought of or invented, it is only when the notion of separation is entertained does spirit become “spirits” (seemingly) and once the notion is discarded “spirits” revert to being spirit, however, the notion of separation is so deeply ingrained in the collective conscience of humanity that it takes ‘great strength of spirit’ and willpower to break down this notion and discard it.

All religions that ever where and today’s, have certain things in common, god or gods and goddesses to be worshiped, leaders (sometimes these are worshiped also), a hierarchy, rules and regulations (some of which are enshrined as laws) to say how where when and by who the worshiping must be done, followers, worshipers and devotees, penalties and punishments, they all involve an outside power, to get near to, give thanks to, plead and pray to for favour, mercy, or special attention over others in one form or another. Most were born from or defended in bloody battle, all claim their god to be on their side protecting them and smiting the enemy (all today’s armies have priest’s, minister’s, mullah’s, rabbis, and ‘holy’ men and woman of all religions blessing the weapons and the fighters holding and firing them. This is the way of this world, its how we learn and grow.

What I’m pointing out here is that religions are the epitome of separation, members and non members, insiders and outsiders, us and them, and yet they all make the ultimate claim of being spiritual and all will fall and fade with time as did the ancient Greek gods and goddesses, the Aztec sun god, the many Norse Viking and pagan gods, the pharaoh gods etc all of which commanded entire populations to follow worship sacrifice adore and venerate them, breaking through the boundaries and restraints of any and all religions is the way of this world on an individual and on a collective level.

To hold the belief that the source of all life and love (this is called god) would or could recognise a certain part of life (itself) as more deserving then the rest of or other parts of life itself and this is the belief that all religions are based on, even if the god is ‘the universal energy’ or has no name, once begging, pleading, praying, talking or singing is involved it automatically introduces duality (the talker and the listener) and so separates you from, it, him or her.

The majority of today’s religions are ‘faith’ based, centred around or within the writing or teachings of one holy book(s) or another, all offer a reward to be attained or obtained for the obedient and the penitent who adhere to the contents of these holy books, and separation shows itself here also as the followers of ALL the different books are subdivided into a multitude of splinter groups as the scriptures are claimed and counter claimed, interpreted and reinterpreted by a hierarchy of righteous, pious, supremacy and ascendancy minded groups which ironically make their claim on their own particular or peculiar interpretation which inevitably leads to the (pride based) conviction of’ I am’ or ‘we are’ right.
    Because the vast majority of followers or members of religious organisations are born into them (even thought we are all born equally as just human babies) they grow up, into and defend and protect their separateness by way of loyalty to tradition, again this is the way of this world and only the courage’s ones who can (in their mind) step beyond the protective boundaries of tradition and loyalties associated with ‘their religion’ will free themselves to be a spiritual being.

Protection as a tool

On the journey back to spirit everything in this world can be used as a tool, that is because this world is itself a tool, and as with all tools one learns how to use them first through practice and then continues to use them skilfully. How to use the thoughts of fear, protection and separation as tool’s is quite simply a matter of first learning that you have these thoughts, then taking ownership of them, recognising where when and who brings them UP in you (for you to see and heal), and preparing yourself in advance by learning how to shine light and feel it shining and then instead of entertaining fearful thoughts of separation and protection you can change your mind and choose to shine light and as the light needs no protection it cancels out the thought of it as it shines This is not the same type of protection that is sought by your human self and has nothing to do keeping yourself, family or your belongings safe, it is exclusive to your inner feelings or self.
    In the presence of darkness I shine love and light.
    In the presence of sadness I shine love and light.
    In the presence of anger I shine love and light.
    In the presence of hate I shine love and light.
    In the presence of fear I shine love and light.
    In the presence of the unknown I know I shine love and light.
    In the presence of conflict I remain peaceful and I shine love and light.

The presence is an inner presence not a perceived outer feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hi everyone. I practised reiki years ago and found it very positive. (Or i should say i found Reiki I positive, Reiki II not so much.) But I suppose life got in the way and I left it to one side.

However, in the last 4 months I got back into it in a big way. So much that I'm starting to see blue sparks (and the odd white and sometimes green spark). I've read that these are sometimes the start of developing our psychic abilities.
    I find them very comforting - the lights will often appear if I need an answer to a question. Or sometimes they will appear over a friend, who's a positive influence in my life.
    I also at times feel overwhelming love for mankind. I'm assuming this has got to do with my heart chakra being open?

BTW I'm aware that im sensitive to negative people and emotions so I always ask for protection from lower energies and people when practising and also in daily life.
    This all seems really positive but I'm just wondering why I've had a run of bad luck at the moment.

My beloved pet died a few weeks before Christmas that left me heartbroken. I did a course that completely knocked my confidence and I wasn't able to work for a few weeks. Then I met a guy that I really connected with (and this is rare for me) but it ended badly, and left me very hurt.
    I am trying hard to focus on the positives in my life. All I want to do is give back love to the Universe but (sorry for sounding dramatic) but I sometimes feel the Universe is taking the love from me.

What do you think? I thought I would be attracting good things into my life, but it seems to be the opposite.

Jesus, look... sometimes bad things happen. Pets die. They just do, they have short life spans compared to ours, and like every living thing sometimes they get sick or injured and die a little sooner than we expect. But the important thing is you loved them and gave them a good life while they were alive.

Most relationships end, and usually badly, or they wouldn't have ended. But it only has to work out once for you.

These things happen, they just do... that's life, that's what happens. Sometimes it's tough and sometimes a string of bad things happen together. No one anywhere, ever, avoids that. You can't prevent it by wishes or magic or just hoping hard enough or energies or chakras or anything else and trying to convince yourself that you can will just make the hard things all the harder to deal with and accept and move past.

You didn't bring these things on yourself and for the most part you couldn't have avoided them and can't in the future.

But for most people, most of the time, it balances out. Good things happen too. For **** sake... just strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Peace and love,

Strobe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Philope

Google Sharon Lee Giganti, a former new age teacher and counselor, she was big into the "law of attraction" and "a course in mircales". She had similar experiences, and worse. There are also a few of her talks on you tube as well.

• Advertisement

Thank you all for the replies. angelman121, I need to re-read yours again as there is a lot of info in there, but thank you for posting.

I was recently told that I'm having an energy clearout as it were, and that is a reason for this. I also came across a quote from Deepak Chopra - All great changes are preceded by chaos.

I definitely feel I am at a turning point in my life - emotionally, spiritually, financially and I'm hoping this 'clearout' will make room for better things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Law of attraction works precisely. That is why some people having difficulty even phrasing wishes. Hoping becomes hoping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

milli, you seem to have used your own intuition to get your own answer.. which is what reasonates with you the most.. trust your guidance..

the lights you speak of.. i get them too.. usually for me they are confirmation spirit lights.. they will appear when someone is talking and it means listen to whats being said its important..

you are asking the universe for specific things.. yes you are learning lessons.. by experiencing what you see as negative but what i see as tools for growth.. if we had a perfect life, we wouldn't need growth.. perhaps you are being strengthened for something better around the corner.. you are what you attract so by raising your vibration you can attain much more in life. keep going your on your way to a beautiful life! just believe it.. what you perceive you receive!

Thank you Rayanne.

When you say "you are what you attract so by raising your vibration you can attain much more in life"

I'd like to raise my vibration - how do I do that?

I was also told that the lights are angels too. I was talking to a spiritual woman recently and she told me Archangel Michael was around me (the blue lights).
    She also told me I see a white light from time to time (apparently that's his sword) and I also had Archangel Raphael doing lots of healing work on me (the green light). I'm not sure if you believe in angels or not but the astounding thing for me was that was the first thing out of this woman's mouth, before I even said a word (and she doesn't know me).

Angelman thanks for your post. I've finally gotten around to re-reading it.

I am just getting around to the fact that we are spiritual beings leading a human existence, so I have a lot to learn about the world of spirit!

I've always asked for protection and always feel better when I do. The times I forgot to ask for it, I've felt very down/depressed afterwards and I've since realised it's because of not being protected.
    I've often been like this, when around certain people. I tend to absorb people's feelings (empathic?) and I need to stop doing this.

I've also been told that it's all about intent. Thoughts and intent are powerful things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Hi milli,

Just read your original post and to me the first thing that came to mind is change. There's a lot of shifting going on, your trying to break free from the past, but finding it hard and abit afraid of what lies ahead. You got a taste of the internal gifts you have a few years ago, but you weren't ready at the time so it went away until the time has come for you to think about them again.
    I read the secret and law of attraction stuff a few years ago, as a starting point, but disagree with them and instead now believe that the strength instead lies internally and it's up to us to dream a different dream to bring into our reality what we want. strengthen yourself up internally.
    Then decide what you want to do, forget the fear and have a little faith in yourself, you'll be fine

change. There's a lot of shifting going on, your trying to break free from the past, but finding it hard and a bit afraid of what lies ahead.

Green Farmer I think you've hit the nail on the head.

That guy I mentioned in my first post is still in the background and I've realised that he reminds me of an ex I broke up with years and years ago.
    I always thought I was completely over that ex but I've realised there is something there that I'm hanging onto. (I've been having dreams about both of them and I've come to this conclusion)
    I need to do some kind of a cleansing of old energy, in order for me to move forward.

I want to move forward with my life and have loads of plans, but I am actually stuck in limbo, quite literally.

Maybe were all stuck in some kind of limbo or another to some greater or lessor extent. I remember years ago a friend of mine telling me that if we could see from a different perspective, that alot of people spend their days carrying two and three suitcases in either hand and bags on their backs, and even though we're struggling under the weight, we're afraid to let the bags go. Where as if we'd only let these cases down and move on ,we'd feel freer and after a while we'd forget those cases even existed in the first place and wouldn't even miss them. All we have to do is give it a try !!! Funny thing is that we don't know how we got those cases in the first place, just seemed to pick them up along the way.

Maybe were all stuck in some kind of limbo or another to some greater or lessor extent. I remember years ago a friend of mine telling me that if we could see from a different perspective, that alot of people spend their days carrying two and three suitcases in either hand and bags on their backs, and even though we're struggling under the weight, we're afraid to let the bags go. Where as if we'd only let these cases down and move on ,we'd feel freer and after a while we'd forget those cases even existed in the first place and wouldn't even miss them. All we have to do is give it a try !!! Funny thing is that we don't know how we got those cases in the first place, just seemed to pick them up along the way.

I wouldnt call it limbo I call it school, we are here to learn.
    These bags/cases are our own creations, we didn't just pick them up along the way, and it's not that we are afraid to let them go, we cannot simply let them go and walk away because the contents of these bags are our own feelings and emotions and this stuff cant be left by the side of the road, because it is inside of us.
    What we can do is to take responsibility for all our feelings and emotions, own the contents of the bags and then we can change the contents, we cannot change the past or leave it behind, it is part of who we are, but we can change our mind, and turn an anchor into a feather and lighten our load. We can change how we feel NOW, about all the stuff that happened by accepting it cannot be undone.
    This is easier said then done, I have encountered many, who will not let go of/change their anger and sadness or hate or whatever, because they have good reason to keep it, and there isn't an energy in creation that can take someone else's anger n stuff away, it has to be changed from within that person.

Happy Every Day
    P

I understand what you are saying angelman but I was referring to something slightly different. Nobody will ever ask you to let go of our memories or experiences, at the end of the day when it's time to move on, they are all that we take with us in Essence along with the love of those around us.
    We come here to this playground to create and experience new adventures. If you could visualise leaving home in the morning to start a journey in nice white clean clothes. Along the way you pass through forests and bits of branches get stuck in your clothes, then you fall into some puddles to mud and your pants gets wet and covered in mud, after that you pass through a built up area and cars pass by blowing petrol fumes into your clothes and maybe some sweet wrappers stick to your clothes. Would these debris slow you down ???
    What I'm getting at is sometimes we pick up unintended baggage along the way that obstructs our views of what's important. We have so much hanging off us that we cannt think clearly. All I'm suggesting is giving ourselves some space and letting go of the things that don't matter. Going within and asking our heart for guidance and finding out what really matters and going with that.
    Keep things simple, we have a habit of over complicating things and then getting lost in our own confusion.
    Just something to ponder and make up your own mind !!!

I understand what you are saying angelman but I was referring to something slightly different. Nobody will ever ask you to let go of our memories or experiences, at the end of the day when it's time to move on, they are all that we take with us in Essence along with the love of those around us.
    We come here to this playground to create and experience new adventures. If you could visualise leaving home in the morning to start a journey in nice white clean clothes. Along the way you pass through forests and bits of branches get stuck in your clothes, then you fall into some puddles to mud and your pants gets wet and covered in mud, after that you pass through a built up area and cars pass by blowing petrol fumes into your clothes and maybe some sweet wrappers stick to your clothes. Would these debris slow you down ???
    What I'm getting at is sometimes we pick up unintended baggage along the way that obstructs our views of what's important. We have so much hanging off us that we cannt think clearly. All I'm suggesting is giving ourselves some space and letting go of the things that don't matter. Going within and asking our heart for guidance and finding out what really matters and going with that.
    Keep things simple, we have a habit of over complicating things and then getting lost in our own confusion.
    Just something to ponder and make up your own mind !!!

I have a different understanding.
    As I said in my previous post we are here to learn, I will change that to I am here to learn, If others are here to play that’s well and good, but learning through play is for children, one has to grow out of childhood and grow up in order to truly grow spiritually.
    It is true to say that “Nobody will ever ask you to let go of our memories or experiences” but if one wishes to return home, to be one with creation/creator, one must willingly let go of our memories and experiences. The reason for this is quite simple, home/source/ is but a feeling of love and peace joyously extending itself in gratitude (no room for memories or anything else for that matter).To try or even want to bring memories and experiences to that state of being is to want to change what it is into what you would have it be ( your memories and experiences being special to you and more important than anyone else’s ). This is like throwing snowballs at the sun, they won’t make it, they don’t belong there, it is an impossibility. Also we cannot take the love of those around us with us, we can only take our own love that is within us, if love is all around us it is because it is spilling out from us, as it shares itself it grows, this can seem like love is coming from those around us, but this too is an impossibility, one can only feel their own love, we can no more feel someone else’s love then we can breath for them or have a heartbeat for them, like breathes and heartbeats feelings are personal to the individual.

In order to “come here to create and experience new adventures” we have left what is created already and continues to create itself - that is a feeling of love and peace joyously extending itself in gratitude. What we have created and are experiencing is all the other stuff like emptiness, anger, hate, sadness, judgement, and death, all the things we grasp onto we will have to let go off, if we want to return to what is created we will have to stop playing ‘creating new adventures’ that end in time. If we don’t want to return to creation/creator, well just keep playing there no one forcing anybody’s hand, but true love and peace is not to be found outside of peace and love itself.

I don’t go for the “we pick up unintended baggage along the way” line, I go more for the ‘everything is guided’ and what happens is meant to happen to show us something about ourselves for us to make choices and take responsibility. If something is obstructing our view or more important than our spiritual self this can only be because we have given it a more important place and more of our time.
    I agree with you that we need to take the time and space to go 'in' to our heart for guidance.

The Price of Life

The price of peace is conflict
    The price of heaven is hell
    The price of joy is sorrow
    Happiness will cost you suffering and pain
    The price of eternity is the past and the future
    Leaving now to exist again and again

Happy every Day
    P

Hi angelman ,

Fair enough, it's a different viewpoint from mine, and I even though I wouldn't agree it your interpretation, I respect your views. If it works for you, then go with that. It's up to each of us to know what does and doesn't resonate.

Hi angelman ,

Fair enough, it's a different viewpoint from mine, and I even though I wouldn't agree it your interpretation, I respect your views. If it works for you, then go with that. It's up to each of us to know what does and doesn't resonate.

We are talking about 'Spiritual laws' and laws don't come with an 'a la carte' menu.
    While I totally agree with you that one should know what resonates with us and what works for us, but we cannot apply this to the laws, the law is not sympathetic to our individual circumstances,wants and wishes and while we may debate the law and interpret it differently, the law of attraction works equally for all, whether we are aware of it or consciously using it,or not. It is part of EVERY BODIES life without exception. What the law resonates with or too is our truth, our inner truth which we cannot avoid or hide. This law applies to feelings and only feelings, thoughts wants and wishes may seem to be getting fulfilled, but its the emptiness of constant wanting that the is actually being attracted and provided. Sadness will attract more reasons to be sad even though it may initially look or seem like happiness, after a time the truth will come to the surface and the sadness will be experienced.

Dreaming up adventures in a Spiritual playground, will attract more blocks and obstacles to the peace we have rejected in favour of our dream.

Happy Every Day
    P

Let go and enjoy the dream, and if your not happy, have the strength to dream a different dream

Let go and enjoy the dream, and if your not happy, have the strength to dream a different dream

I am happy as a human but I am much more than human. Happiness is the best that any ego can offer and obtain, it's a very far second best than the love and peace that is spirit.
    Indeed I do (daily) and will continue to "let go" however I am letting go of all the dreams not changing them, after all, every dream has an ending and some turn to nightmares. A dream is a dream is a dream, the illusion of one dream being better then another is still an illusion of the sleepwalkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Beckss

I know this was posted ages ago, but how are things for you now? Some say an easy life is a wasted life. That the more life lessons you go through, the further your soul progresses (in terms of reincarnation etc). Maybe that's why you faced a lot of challenges when getting in touch with your spirituality?

Hi Beckss
    Thanks for asking. :) I am in a much better place now. Life is still challenging at times and I have moments of doubt but I am much more positive about the present and the future.

I starting practising gratitude a few months ago and I have to say, I saw an obvious positive change in my life. If was an almost overnight change too. I've also starting saying positive affirmations about situations in my life and again there is good things there too.
    It's like a knock-on effect - this positivity. I feel like I'm attracting good things and good situations in my life.
    I don't have all the answers, some situations confuse the mind of me, but I like where my life is going.

I can't recommend gratitude enough. It's amazing actually!
    I hope everyone is feeling some of this good energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisa909asil

The best thing you could ever do is to wake up and realize the law of attraction is nonsense ! Did you ever think that the bad things you were attracting was God's way of showing you that "the secret" isn't working for you. "the secret" teaches people to be self centered and to think that they are gods. It also sucks when something bad happens and they blame it on the victim. The victims thoughts were out of allignment so they attracted the bad event to them - what a load of nonsense!
    Your thoughts are not that powerful. They have power to control how you feel, but they don't control anything outside of yourself. So if something bad happens, its not your fault, its just life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

You're right, people in vulnerable situations usually pick up these books in woo shops.

Common sense far outweigh's woo

These secret books are dangerous.

Maybe a course of psychotherapy can help,rather than someone living years caught up in believing some bull**** some book tells them.

Contrariction I know,but I often thought writing one of these books would be an easy way to make lots and lots of money ðŸ˜

Advertisement