Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gogglebox C4

• 08-03-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

What did people think of it? Personally think it was a good first episode and a good idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Just watching it now. Its hilarious, the gay couple and the black mother and daughter are priceless! Great idea for a program. Who would have thought watchin people on TV watchin people on TV would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

I really enjoyed it, especially loved the couple who drank through all the programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The first was amusing, sadly they all watch the kind of crap that stays well off my own screen so the laughs are drying up.

Ya, noticed that. I've never seen any of the programs they were watching. I do want to see the C4 coverage of the Oscar Pistorius trial though. Looked really odd considering the case was still ongoing and they had the guy from tool academy presenting :-D wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Ya, noticed that. I've never seen any of the programs they were watching. I do want to see the C4 coverage of the Oscar Pistorius trial though. Looked really odd considering the case was still ongoing and they had the guy from tool academy presenting :-D wtf!

It was BBC3's coverage they were watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

... the black mother and daughter are priceless!

They are not mother and daughter, they are friends in their forties!!

The posh bloke with the 17 bedroom house is funny! I like the idea of the show!

branners69 wrote: »
    They are not mother and daughter, they are friends in their forties!!

Whoops... tuned in late into the program so just assumed. One of them didn't look close to 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Are they actors or is it reality tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its reality tv, or its inception tv as this new genre should be named.

Back next Wednesday Night, September 25th at 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Is anyone watching the current season of this? I think this is one of the funniest shows on telly at the moment. Never thought that watching people watching television would be so funny. Although the narration is genius also.

The alcoholic posh couple are hilarious - did anyone see her comment on gingers !!!:eek: (they have gotta be alcoholic, they are ALWAYS drinking).

The two really intelligent guys have such a dry sense of humour - I like listening to their views on the telly.

And then you have the Oedipus Complex family - don't think I have ever seen an unhealthier relationship between mother and son (although the son comes out with some brilliant one liners).

And my favourite - the retired school teachers. The husband from that one is the biggest sh*t stirrer, you can see the twinkle in his eye as he is winding up the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Anyone still watching or starting to watch this? It's hilarious, although (and I ain't no Twiggy myself) it's kind of scary how unhealthy looking some of the people on it are! Must spend a lot of time in front of the telly!

Last week watching them all watch the boy deal with his speech impediment on Educating Yorkshire was brilliant, they were all in tears, I was bawling too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Love the show. My husband wasn't sure about the idea when we started watching it last season but he loves it now. It's so funny. I'd watch a full show of the alcoholic couple and Leon.

It could be my favorite easy tv show. The 999 program got to me a bit I must say, but of course the alco rich couple got the laughs in. They're priceless..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

An absolutely hilarious show...Only started watching it this series, so funny.

It's like the Royle Family, watching a show watching a show.

Winner all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Great show.
    I see a bit of myself in all of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It could be my favorite easy tv show. The 999 program got to me a bit I must say, but of course the alco rich couple got the laughs in. They're priceless..

Their mimicry of the Made in Chelsea accents was a highlight..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Nice one guys.....read this thread, having never heard of the show, decided to watch it and am now addicted!

They all really love a bit of Sam Bailey, don't they??

Loved how almost all the viewers featured danced along to disco week or mocked Titanic during movies week on the X Factor and how they all had 'that talk' about euthenasia after watching Corrie.

Also their faces when the walrus got tossed off :D

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

It's brilliant because we ALL do that watching telly with other people! I know some people might see it as lazy television but it's the simplest ideas that are the most effective often... for example, one of the most effective theme tunes (Jaws) consists of just two notes! It doesn't always have to be a big production to be clever- it's its simplicity and how much I identify with it that makes me like it.

I wonder would an Irish version be good or just cringey?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Love this show.
    Queen-Mise wrote: »
    And my favourite - the retired school teachers. The husband from that one is the biggest sh*t stirrer, you can see the twinkle in his eye as he is winding up the wife.
    You can really notice how much weight he has lost by how much less room he takes up in his chair!
    He's great.

Back, in a primetime slot, 9pm next Friday night on Channel 4.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Never noticed the thread on here first time round, can't wait for it to come back! Love Leon and June and the gay best friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

They should just give Leon and June their own show!

I like the gay best friends and the posh couple who are constantly drinking!

Leon and June are great.

My favourites are Steph and Dom. The best bit was when the couch fell back.

Can't wait for it to start now. When it started I was a bit sceptical but it really is compulsive viewing.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I loved when Leon referred to Miley Cyrus as "the dirty one". And that time when one of the gay guys walked into the room dressed all in white, and the other says "here comes Hannibal Lecter" :D Sublime

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

evilivor wrote: »
    Back, in a primetime slot, 9pm next Friday night on Channel 4.

Excellent!!........:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Love this show. Sought it out because I remembered a funny late night show with Justin Lee Collins that was kind of the same thing.

• Advertisement

'When I read that alcohol is bad for you I gave up reading.'

I missed Steph and Dom!

Advertisement