Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix - which version ?

Options
  • 27-02-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I subscribe to Netflix and think its just great, so easy. I was approached online by someone offering me a one off payment of e30 (pay into his paypal a/c) and he would give me a 'code' and I could choose either UK Netflix or USA Netflix......

Now I know its dodgy :rolleyes: ... I'm not going there ... my question is: as a subscriber in Ireland - is there a choice in what we can get ? (I didn't know there was a difference ) and how is this other guy doing this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

justagirl wrote: »
    I subscribe to Netflix and think its just great, so easy. I was approached online by someone offering me a one off payment of e30 (pay into his paypal a/c) and he would give me a 'code' and I could choose either UK Netflix or USA Netflix......

Now I know its dodgy :rolleyes: ... I'm not going there ... my question is: as a subscriber in Ireland - is there a choice in what we can get ? (I didn't know there was a difference ) and how is this other guy doing this ?

What do you mean by choice? You can access other Netflix like us and Canada with a simple and free Google chrome extension

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Don't pay someone for something you can get for free.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'll do it for you for €20 !

No, seriously, that's a scam. Unlocator or many other sites will tell you how to switch between regions without any cost whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

hfallada wrote: »
    What do you mean by choice? You can access other Netflix like us and Canada with a simple and free Google chrome extension

I didn't know that :o thanks.

Mousewar wrote: »
    I'll do it for you for €20 !

No, seriously, that's a scam. Unlocator or many other sites will tell you how to switch between regions without any cost whatsoever.

The same guy told me to cancel my subscription and pay him e30 into his paypal and i'd never have to pay again ? I just got a private message from him - no idea who he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

The same guy told me to cancel my subscription and pay him e30 into his paypal and i'd never have to pay again ? I just got a private message from him - no idea who he is.

So, aside from anything else, he was offering you a lifetime subscription to Netflix for €30? That does sound like a bargain! But it also sounds very much like a scam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The way netflix determines which library to give you, is based on you're location. There are methods to spoof your location, but the cost 30euro cheaper than what he's offering. There's no way to get it free or with a once off sub.

Mousewar wrote: »
    So, aside from anything else, he was offering you a lifetime subscription to Netflix for €30? That does sound like a bargain! But it also sounds very much like a scam.

Yes Mousewar ... pay him e30 and he would give me a code/codes and I could have netflix for free - I just re-read his message - he was actually offering a whole year for e30 ;) this was a private message through Facebook and I also see he is advertising on certain facebook pages also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnkent21

if you are looking for free vpns you can use Ivacy VPN too.

Advertisement