Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inside No 9 Steve Pemberton & Reece Shearsmith on BBC2

• 28-01-2014 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wednesday 5 February at 10pm

Two of the Psychoville team are back with a new fruity series of weird happenings. Killer cast, probably some killer plots! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭conorhal

Thanks, I'm a huge fan of the League of Gentleman so I'll give this a watch. I'll aproach it cautiously though as I really wanted to love Psychoville and the 'League' boys should have been able to do a portmanteau horror series in their sleep, but for me it fell oddly flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

conorhal wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm a huge fan of the League of Gentleman so I'll give this a watch. I'll aproach it cautiously though as I really wanted to love Psychoville and the 'League' boys should have been able to do a portmanteau horror series in their sleep, but for me it fell oddly flat.

Psychoville was hard to love. It just seemed so, strained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Settled down to watch this last night, love anything these guys have done, was enjoying the cringy comedy...then my poxy recorder box chopped the last ten minutes off! Did anyone see it and tell me how it all worked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

So I managed to watch it and really enjoyed it! I think the half hour one off format really suits this kind of material. The cast was phenomenal, very funny and
    took a serious swerve into dark territory in the last few minutes

Looking forward to the rest!

• Advertisement

I thought there was too much cast and not quite enough writing myself though still enjoyed it - 30 mins was the max though.

mike65 wrote: »
    I thought there was too much cast and not quite enough writing myself though still enjoyed it - 30 mins was the max though.

Loved tonight's episode with a great twist at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Absolutely brilliant episode last night - can't remember the last time a scripted comedy commissioned by the BBC made me laugh out loud.

Already looking forward to next week's episode.

Just seen it, some brilliant timed gags and very funny 'silent comedy'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Another great episode tonight (well last night technically).

Why is this show being overlooked?

• Advertisement

Another great episode...I admit part of me tried to play a game of 'Guess what the twist is going to be', but I was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭OldRio

Great TV.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Loved this.

Must say, I was a bit disappointed with last night's episode. Mostly because:-

a)
    I was waiting for Reece Smearsmith to appear.

b)
    I was expecting a crazy 'twist' at the end, eg. some unseen footage found on the camcorder.

I liked the fact it was different in tone, more gentle! :p

Bump episode 2 is being reshown tonight at 9.30 after Fast Show, its definitely the best of the series, so if you missed it the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

New season starts on BBC2 tonight!

There were some great episodes in the last one.

evilivor wrote: »
    Psychoville was hard to love. It just seemed so, strained.

The fact that Dawn French starred in it, was enough to make me reach for the remote.

Looking forward to tonight's show, my favourite episode of the last series was the cat burglars one.

Good stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

God fat people! :pac:

The poo in the shoe box moment was hilariously awful.

• Advertisement

Bought back bad memories of a backpacking hostel in Dublin :D

Jumped on the top bunk after a ker-razy night out thinking it would be empty, and...well, you can guess the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Watched this tonight; never knew it was the second series as I hadn't even seen the first.

I loved tonight's episode; especially the twist at the end. And it was nice to see Julie Hesmondhalgh in something else other than Corrie.
    Roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭The Pooka

fussyonion wrote: »
    Watched this tonight; never knew it was the second series as I hadn't even seen the first.

I loved tonight's episode; especially the twist at the end. And it was nice to see Julie Hesmondhalgh in something else other than Corrie.
    Roll on next week.

Try to track down "Sardines" from series 1 - up there with several Roald Dahl stories for best twist ending!

I loved this,Pemberton and Shearsmith are brilliant comedy actors!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I loved this,Pemberton and Shearsmith are brilliant comedy actors!

Can't discount the fact that they are a pretty consistently great writing team. Also, amazing work with Gattis and Dyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Reece Shearsmith was excellent in The Widower last year, too. Very chilling and believable.

Reece Shearsmith was excellent in The Widower last year, too. Very chilling and believable.

Steve Pemberton excellent in Happy Valley as well!

Roll on next week.

She was very good as Henry's sister in Banana (recent Channel 4)

Wow...another good episode!

Must stop trying to guess the twist! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't really care to speculate - I just let it unfold before me, Sheridan Smith is top notch.

Advertisement