Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online learning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

wanadrum wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter one way or the other. I presume there must be some sort of 'testing' involved in order to complete it, but I would doubt it will be anything too difficult for us.

I would've imagined the course material gives you all the info you need to pass any tests. Jealous of the lot of you that have got this far, well done and happy online learning!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 J_Recruit

I got the email aswell, looking forward to getting it started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Typical that they send you details to do the online learning but then give you a bit more waiting practice as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

wanadrum wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter one way or the other. I presume there must be some sort of 'testing' involved in order to complete it, but I would doubt it will be anything too difficult for us.

As long as it is in an approved centre ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

So it's gotten interesting again. I'm still wondering how those of us this far, with others yet to receive AC results, will place in terms of merit. Would be pretty gutting to be the first to get results all the way through to realise come end of March that we aren't close to securing offers. Up until this point I've refrained from speculating but you do kind of get your hopes up having come this far. I dunno whether it's worse to be at this stage or to be still waiting on AC results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mstar

have you been told you will definitely get an offer after completing the online learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

mstar wrote: »
    have you been told you will definitely get an offer after completing the online learning?

It's dependent on medical and vetting as well

19087 wrote: »
    It's dependent on medical and vetting as well

And merit place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

mstar wrote: »

No this is why I wrote that BIG post on them as yet unknowns. Just saying that even though some of us have pass marks up to now we still might not be high on merit

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Anyone get the email today so and so has completed RTC knowledge check bla bla. I'd that just the person confirming that we have logged in or whatever.

• Advertisement

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Anyone get the email today so and so has completed RTC knowledge check bla bla. I'd that just the person confirming that we have logged in or whatever.

I did get it - not sure why it means!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

I assume everyone else's RTC email was blank? Just a title?

I put it in my trash folder it as it seems similiar to thousands of other spam emails!

I was mainly upset because I thought it was an email saying they'd completed vetting!!:pac:

I'd keep it out of trash incase further ones come through, not sure meaning of it. Obviously they working at our accounts.

Ya I put it back where it belongs ha! It didn't go into spam thankfully.

Looking forward to get cracking into it on Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jontkd

Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster.
    I got the email today about someone completing a part of the learning.
    I emailed classis and they said it was sent in error and the problem had been resolved.

Had a quick nosey at the online learning. There is definitely a lot to go through. Will be getting stuck in ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Had a quick nosey at the online learning. There is definitely a lot to go through. Will be getting stuck in ASAP.

Had a look through it myself. Looks very intensive but quite interesting as well. But will take some time to complete! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

I'm just reading about the tests on this material upon entry into G'ville. I take it that it would be in our best interests to make notes as we go along? I'm assuming we will no longer be able to access it once the allocated time is up? Can anybody clarify this?

picture987 wrote: »
    I'm just reading about the tests on this material upon entry into G'ville. I take it that it would be in our best interests to make notes as we go along? I'm assuming we will no longer be able to access it once the allocated time is up? Can anybody clarify this?
    I'm just going to take summary notes as I go along. There's a lot of repitition, which is good, so summarising areas and key points should cover it imo! I could be wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Space_Invader

What sort of topics are involved in the online learning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

What sort of topics are involved in the online learning?

We can't disclose the info
    Its on it

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

How soon after the PCA/Medical did you get access to the online learning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Belfastm wrote: »
    How soon after the PCA/Medical did you get access to the online learning?

I passed in january then passed pca. Waiting onmy medical date to aarrive. Recieved online learning this week

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Belfastm

How long between hearing you had passed the AC and being told a date for the PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I assume there's a deadline?

Are you people going to be finished this stage by the time the rest of us get our results then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Belfastm wrote: »
    How long between hearing you had passed the AC and being told a date for the PCA?

About a week after the pass email, you get a letter in the post (varies in time, I'm down the south). Then about 3 weeks to PCA from receiving the letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Dekkers wrote: »
    I assume there's a deadline?

Are you people going to be finished this stage by the time the rest of us get our results then?

Your allowed one month I think to complete the online learning

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Your allowed one month I think to complete the online learning

cool. Curious to see how it's worked. Hopefully find out for meself soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

About half way through online learning...I have to admit it is making me want to job a little bit more and get a little excited.

Will make it even harder if the job offer does not follow!

• Advertisement

gmck26 wrote: »
    About half way through online learning...I have to admit it is making me want to job a little bit more and get a little excited.

Will make it even harder if the job offer does not follow!

I felt like that when I read the forward from chief con. Dear colleague.........all the best in your police career.

Just hope the medical and vetting go smoothly and no spaners end up in the works!

Advertisement