Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Ashbourne

• 11-08-2013 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone interested in playing weekly?? Just a friendly game nothing serious if I can get enough numbers I will book a slot at the community centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yup, count me in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marknak8

Count me in. Pm me if u have any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sneeky1986

Hey Guys did anyone ever get enough numbers to make this a workable weekley pick up game? id be interested in it if we could get enuf number at least 10 each week. Pm me if any sign of this going ahead.

I'm there if you can get the numbers.

Do we even need 10? We could go half court 3 v 3 if we got just 6.

id say the purpose of getting 10+ would be to keep the cost of renting the hall for an hour down. plus it wouldnt hurt to have extra if you have lads that cant make it every week. i play in a few 5 a sides footie all weather and same happens there. one week can have 16, the following week only have 8 or 9. youll always have lads with evening work etc.

• Advertisement

Court fee is 40Euro. I might able to get few extra guys in, depend when we can get court time. Anyone enquired about available slots?

well that is handy if we can manage 10 people it'll be €4 each. it would be good to try this as a one off at least and then see if wed have the numbers to do it weekly at least.

any more interest in trying to organise this as a one off at least? then see if we can organise it for a bit more regular.

Still game!

we have 3 by my count. think we will need a few more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 DIDC23

Anyone interested in playing weekly?? Just a friendly game nothing serious if I can get enough numbers I will book a slot at the community centre
    Hey, I was wondering if u also accept girls ... If yes, I'm in :D

Still interested!

might be a "book it and they will come" situation....as in we go a few times the numbers will increase organically through word of mouth.

The count is 5 now with DIDC23

And again, depend on the time slot we can get, i may able to get 1-3 person extra in weekly basis.

Unless Markfthomas has more up to date information, can you guys/girls PM your contact number to me and i have a look on the time slots in Ashbourne Community Centre and hopefully we can get slot that suits for all.

marknak8 wrote: »
    The count is 5 now with DIDC23

And again, depend on the time slot we can get, i may able to get 1-3 person extra in weekly basis.

Echo the above, I'd be very hard pushed to make it before 7-7:30pm any weekday, but weekends are fine!

still on for this if we can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kcudds

Any one still up for this

Advertisement