Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online learning

• 24-02-2014 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Does anybody know much about the online learning?
    Will a place at Garnerville be subject to passing tests online? Also if the online learning takes 4 weeks and the first intake is supposedly the end of May, then when will we be told to start the online learning? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TDA2

The online learning is only 25hrs. Would expect you'll be told end April, which is when you would have to tell your boss to go jump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Constablemaybe

Let's hope that day comes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Does anybody know much about the online learning?
    Will a place at Garnerville be subject to passing tests online? Also if the online learning takes 4 weeks and the first intake is supposedly the end of May, then when will we be told to start the online learning? Thanks

Not much information has been given about it.

Are you a newbie to the forum? If so welcome! What stage are you at?

Yes I am a newbie haha passed my physical and just waiting to hear when my medical date is! Surely not much can stand in our way now?

Yes I am a newbie haha passed my physical and just waiting to hear when my medical date is! Surely not much can stand in our way now?

Hope not! Congratulations I getting this far. Is it your first application?

• Advertisement

Yes it's my first chance iv had to apply, would be amazed if I could get in first time but alls going well so far!

Hello and welcome newbie... Didn't notice you've just joined, but you are very welcome to the mad house. It'll hot up here come friday.

Thanks! Is something important happening this week that I don't know about? haha

Thanks! Is something important happening this week that I don't know about? haha

Yeah, your start date is going to be put back! The high achievers results will be out friday. There could be a big trolley queue at holywell, gransha, muckamore etc!

Think everyone through so far are destined to the first draft of recruits.

TDA2 wrote: »
    Yeah, your start date is going to be put back! The high achievers results will be out friday. There could be a big trolley queue at holywell, gransha, muckamore etc!

Think everyone through so far are destined to the first draft of recruits.

Something to look forward to then!!

• Advertisement

Everyone check your emails - some online learning info has just appeared in mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

wanadrum wrote: »
    Everyone check your emails - some online learning info has just appeared in mine!

Just got that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Just got the email, took me a minute to figure out what it was for! I was thinking jeez what did I sign up for and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Got the same email.

At least this will occupy the brain a bit!

gmck26 wrote: »
    Got the same email.

Would I be wrong in assuming this means vetting has cleared and our details have been passed on?

student15 wrote: »
    Would I be wrong in assuming this means vetting has cleared and our details have been passed on?

Yes you would be wrong. They say if we fail medical vetting or substance misuse our online learning account will be closed.

Yes you would be wrong. They say if we fail medical vetting or substance misuse our online learning account will be closed.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Did anyone notice the email stated course number was 01-14. Anyone else think this means we are in the first intake subject to passing everything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

student15 wrote: »

Yup because the further info I was requested to send for vetting is only being put in the post today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Just got the email also, was checking emails every two mins after wanadrum posted! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Job4life

Just got the email too. Hard not to get excited or optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

This will be the true IT test lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭El_Triboy

Got the email earlier too, something to keep us busy for a while

I don't think it means we passed vetting, I'm still waiting to get additional info that I have to send to them

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

Non-alphanumeric.. Learn something new everyday!! haha

Nope haven't got it! Lol. This isn't fair, haven't even got my ac results yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 StanSmith

TDA2 wrote: »
    Nope haven't got it! Lol. This isn't fair, haven't even got my ac results yet!

We'll just have to wait until after getting AC and hopefully completing PCA before this email by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Got the emails also. Did have to check twice thinking is this spam lol. Got hopes up that it meant vetting was cleared but then read that. Aw well least it's something else :)

Will the online learning have tests to do? Should it be something to worry about?

• Advertisement

Will the online learning have tests to do? Should it be something to worry about?

It doesn't really matter one way or the other. I presume there must be some sort of 'testing' involved in order to complete it, but I would doubt it will be anything too difficult for us.

Advertisement