Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is a Styer AUG's trigger solid?

• 24-02-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey guys im trying to mod my AUG's trigger to match the real weapons trigger.
    Ideally I would like to insert a grub nut into the bottom or side of the trigger just before the point where the full auto is activated.

The goal to set my AUG so it only fires single shots but is easily changed to full auto.

So my question to you...
    Is the JG steyr AUG military's trigger solid plastic? or is it hollow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

There's a much better way to do this that involves making mods only to the safety switch, basically adding a single fire setting between safe and auto. I did it years ago and it worked perfectly but I can't find a pic of it. best I can find right now is this thread http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=15041

If you can get access to the TM aug High Cycle this has the selector like this stock
    http://www.popularairsoft.com/files/images/tm_steyr_aug_hc_hyperdouraku_09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

I dont follow what you mean by the last comment

The Tokyo Marui High Cycle Aug that came out recently, they modified the safety to function this way at the factory so it has safe single and auto (with the half pull for single) out of the box. If you could get a look at the safety switch on one of them you'd see exactly what you need to cut.

and to answer your original question I BELIEVE the triger is single piec, I can't find any sign of it being hollow or two parts glued together.

Thanks a million. I might drill a pilot hole and see. I am kind of more into this idea because its more realistic (as its how the real steyr works) and I'm scared I might damage a mechanism if I do start cutting stuff..

That's fair :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The trigger is hollow (see photo) and the easiest way to convert your AUG to a 3 stage safety safe/semi/auto is to do a wee mod to the trigger safety bar

14sh06o.jpg

I am really new to airsoft and havent messed around with them enough to do it off my own back or know the workings is there a guide somewhere maybe?

Advertisement