Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**Glasgow Megathread**

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Threads merged and tidied up.

It'd be nice if you guys keep the thread going with how you're getting on etc., as a few months from now there'll be more just like you debating whether to take the plunge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

pow wow wrote: »
    Threads merged and tidied up.

It'd be nice if you guys keep the thread going with how you're getting on etc., as a few months from now there'll be more just like you debating whether to take the plunge :)

I've been here for almost a month now and it's been absolutely amazing!!
    If anyone is thinking about studying here or anywhere in the UK even, I highly recommend it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NicholaFarrell

Hi,
    I got an offer to do Maths teaching in University of Glasgow and University of Strathclyde. I am just wondering which one would be better for education, which university would have the better name/more prestigious, which is more intense, most central to town etc..? I really haven't a clue which one to pick :/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Blu_flamez

Hi,
    I got an offer to do Maths teaching in University of Glasgow and University of Strathclyde. I am just wondering which one would be better for education, which university would have the better name/more prestigious, which is more intense, most central to town etc..? I really haven't a clue which one to pick :/

Hey there!
    Congrats on your offer!!!
    In my opinion, I would have to say that University of Glasgow in the better university in terms of prestige and education. Being 51st in the world top university rankings according to the QS world rankings, there's no doubt that it's at a high standard and therefore can be quite intense.
    In relation to proximity to the city centre, both are roughly equidistant. Uni of Glasgow is spread out all around the city though but since you'll be studying maths, your lectures will be by the main campus(which is beautiful btw) so you can get to the city centre in about 6 minutes by subway or even walk there if you don't mind a ~30 minute walk :).
    If you've got any other questions, feel free to ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Hi, we're moving to glasgow from Ireland as my wife got a spot in Stratclyde Uni.
    Just wondering for areas to live. I'll be working so we won't be living the student lifestyle so where's good mid-range?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭turkeyboy1990

Hi, hope i’m not causing anyone any harm by grave digging!

I’m just a desperate for information at this stage for information on living in Glasgow.
    Hoping to do nursing in Glasgow Caledonian but hardly any information of the experience online, which is a pity!

Is Glasgow living costs roughly same as Edinburgh ?
    Ho difficult would it to find a job?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭bob mcbob

Hi, hope i’m not causing anyone any harm by grave digging!

I’m just a desperate for information at this stage for information on living in Glasgow.
    Hoping to do nursing in Glasgow Caledonian but hardly any information of the experience online, which is a pity!

Is Glasgow living costs roughly same as Edinburgh ?
    Ho difficult would it to find a job?
    Thanks

There is a separate Scotland forum where questions on moving to Edinburgh / Glasgow come up quite a lot. It maybe better posting there

Advertisement