Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Co.Galway => Airsoft Camp

Options
  • 07-07-2013 6:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭

Greetings,

I'm looking for a business man that can setup a Airsoft camp/site/clan in Galway/Co.Galway.

What can be made from this?:
    - More money, (how?: selling items such as guns,ammo,etc at your airsoft camp twice the price lol).
    - Instead of the people going down to limerick to go for airsoft they will go to Galway.
    - etc...

Come on guys!!!!
    Who here in Galway has the brain to do this?.

Invest in it or even set up a tiny one.

The other thing is the new Galway Airsoft Shop in Galway city.... they can help promote your Galway airsoft camp too I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway -> Airsoft.
    Good luck with setting up a camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Wasn't there used to be a airsoft venue up there years ago. An indoor site if I remembered correctly?

And the shop, that's been there for years now. Bought my very first AEG in there back in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

eirebread wrote: »
    Greetings,
    Come on guys!!!!
    Who here in Galway has the brain to do this?.

Invest in it or even set up a tiny one.

You have a deep, in-depth business plan to hand (judging by what you've written on how to make more money), so why not step up to the plate instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

Lemming wrote: »
    You have a deep, in-depth business plan to hand (judging by what you've written on how to make more money), so why not step up to the plate instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you.
    I might, but I'm very new to airsoft (only started a couple of weeks ago) and don't even know which gun is which and all the ammo stuff so I was asking for someone with experience...

eirebread wrote: »
    I might, but I'm very new to airsoft (only started a couple of weeks ago) and don't even know which gun is which and all the ammo stuff so I was asking for someone with experience...

Airsoft is a niche activity, both for those who play and those who run businesses (be it sites, retailers, or event organisers). "Niche" implies a smaller market or more dispersed market than something like football for example. With the above in mind; the reality is that you will likely have to travel some distance to attend a site or event, and probably have to order kit online.

That truism applies to not just the Irish airsoft market, but pretty much every other country too. Everyone wants convenience, but that's just not possible given the niche market that airsoft is. A few years ago, the Irish market was heavily over-saturated. As a result there was a bit of a blood bath in both retailers & sites not surviving; including a couple of big names at the time, and more than one site based in Galway too. My local site (which is in South Yorkshire, UK) for example, requires a 40-odd minute drive into another bourough council area. And that's considered close-by for an airsoft site ...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

Lemming wrote: »
    Airsoft is a niche activity, both for those who play and those who run businesses (be it sites, retailers, or event organisers). "Niche" implies a smaller market or more dispersed market than something like football for example. With the above in mind; the reality is that you will likely have to travel some distance to attend a site or event, and probably have to order kit online.

That truism applies to not just the Irish airsoft market, but pretty much every other country too. Everyone wants convenience, but that's just not possible given the niche market that airsoft is. A few years ago, the Irish market was heavily over-saturated. As a result there was a bit of a blood bath in both retailers & sites not surviving; including a couple of big names at the time, and more than one site based in Galway too. My local site (which is in South Yorkshire, UK) for example, requires a 40-odd minute drive into another bourough council area. And that's considered close-by for an airsoft site ...

Wonderful,

Thanks for your message.

Don't mention it. No thanks needed, always glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Airsoft sniper

I would so lovr an airsoft place in Galway I would do almost anything for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I would so lovr an airsoft place in Galway I would do almost anything for one

Set one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Wasn't there used to be a airsoft venue up there years ago. An indoor site if I remembered correctly?

And the shop, that's been there for years now. Bought my very first AEG in there back in 2008.

There used to be an indoor place in Galway near Boston Scientific. It was called G-Tac. Closed down a few years back and I was at their last game.
    Apparently the business just wasn't there to keep them going. There were times when 4 or 5 people would turn up for a game. Shame the place is gone, I used to really enjoy playing there, even to the point of driving up from Dublin for a game.

• Advertisement

Set one up.
    1 Im under 18
    2 I have about 400 hundred euro
    3 I have no idea whatsoever about
    anything to do with businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

1 Im under 18
    2 I have about 400 hundred euro
    3 I have no idea whatsoever about
    anything to do with businesses

Well you did say you would do almost anything :)

Well you did say you would do almost anything :)

ALMOST

St chivalry I am into airsoft but I cant pm u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 St.Valour

Airsoft in Galway is a MUST.

- There's a excellent Airsoft shop in Galway city.
    - There is not NO Airsoft team in the whole of Co.Galway.

==>>> Who feels like getting together and setting up one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 AndrewKnightly

any update?

Advertisement