Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

installation of Inset Stove in Cork for elderly person

• 10-02-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Dear Forum Members,

I wondered if you could kindly recommend an HONEST person to install a TR4 Inset Multifuel Stove into my father's house in Cork city? The back boiler needs to be removed behind the fireplace and everything needs to be finished neatly. It is a two-story house.

It is a job for my frail elderly father (former Garda) and I don't want anyone stressing him or upsetting him. He sees through chancers very very quickly (I don't know how he does it).

I hope you can help and thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Maybe take a look on tradesmen.ie and onlinetradesmen.ie to see the reviews of work from recent customers? And if your father is a retired garda, perhaps he might have some former colleagues he could ask for recommendations?
    I got a stove installed a couple of years back, and I couldn't find anyone in Dublin who sounded reliable enough; ended up getting the stove company in Co Down to send guys down to instal it for me - very satisfactory, beautiful installation, though dear because they had to drive up and down each day. They actually said that if I got a Dublin installer in, they'd talk him/her through the job on the phone, explain exactly what needed to be done, but in the end none of my handyman friends was willing to take on such an unfamiliar job, and I didn't trust the plumbers who pitched for the job (didn't bother turning up on time, seemed inefficient and stupid, etc…) Now that it's in, I love it; I have a carbon monoxide alarm beside it to monitor any fumes, and nary a peep. Got good wood suppliers too.
    An inset stove is going to be fabulous for your father - it'll make a big difference to the comfort of his home.

Edit: there's also a long thread on stoves here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056390351&page=190 - you could ask for PMs on reliable stove installers in Cork.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Dear Forum Members,

I wondered if you could kindly recommend an HONEST person to install a TR4 Inset Multifuel Stove into my father's house in Cork city? The back boiler needs to be removed behind the fireplace and everything needs to be finished neatly. It is a two-story house.

It is a job for my frail elderly father (former Garda) and I don't want anyone stressing him or upsetting him. He sees through chancers very very quickly (I don't know how he does it).

Perhaps asking the question in a more diplomatic way would be a good start. There is an assumption of dishonesty going right through your question that is very off putting.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Also good to look for

a) honest
    b) competent.

I know darling men, as honest as the day is long, but their ability in their trade mightn't be the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Dear Forum Members,

You will find a list of trained installers here
    http://www.orielflues.com/training/
    I can't vouch for any but it's a good place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Also good to look for

a) honest
    b) competent.

I know darling men, as honest as the day is long, but their ability in their trade mightn't be the best!

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 biosciencegeek

no offence was intended, and I regret if my post upset you.

This is a wonderful link. Thanks a million!

Robbie.G wrote: »
    You will find a list of trained installers here
    http://www.orielflues.com/training/
    I can't vouch for any but it's a good place to start

This is a wonderful link. Thanks a million!

Maybe take a look on tradesmen.ie and onlinetradesmen.ie to see the reviews of work from recent customers? And if your father is a retired garda, perhaps he might have some former colleagues he could ask for recommendations?
    I got a stove installed a couple of years back, and I couldn't find anyone in Dublin who sounded reliable enough; ended up getting the stove company in Co Down to send guys down to instal it for me - very satisfactory, beautiful installation, though dear because they had to drive up and down each day. They actually said that if I got a Dublin installer in, they'd talk him/her through the job on the phone, explain exactly what needed to be done, but in the end none of my handyman friends was willing to take on such an unfamiliar job, and I didn't trust the plumbers who pitched for the job (didn't bother turning up on time, seemed inefficient and stupid, etc…) Now that it's in, I love it; I have a carbon monoxide alarm beside it to monitor any fumes, and nary a peep. Got good wood suppliers too.
    An inset stove is going to be fabulous for your father - it'll make a big difference to the comfort of his home.

Edit: there's also a long thread on stoves here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056390351&page=190 - you could ask for PMs on reliable stove installers in Cork.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. I will use your advice. As its my father, I'm a bit protective about shielding him from gangsters at this stage of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DenisCork

Dear Forum Members,

Pm sent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement