Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shia Labeouf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen a couple of films with him in them and could not believe how awful he is.

If I see his name now, I know to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

NIMAN wrote: »

I think that their is a decent movie lurking in him somewhere. He has constructed this pseudo-intellectual/pseudo-dark, enigmatic persona around himself. Just needs to start living up to his own hype now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I think that their is a decent movie lurking in him somewhere. He has constructed this pseudo-intellectual/pseudo-dark, enigmatic persona around himself. Just needs to start living up to his own hype now.

I never associated any of those pseudo traits with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭brevity

I can't stand him...he seems to play the same, plucky, underdog character over and over.

When he restrains himself he can be OK but he tends to over do his performances which can be exhausting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

He's an actual cannibal. True fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

He has regressed since Freaks and Geeks and Even Stevens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I will not watch a film with him in it.

I even get mad when I see a new film trailer with him in it, he is the most annoying actor ever in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I think he is going to go the Katherine Heigl way and become close to unemployable, from general @rseholerery.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Birneybau wrote: »
    I think he is going to go the Katherine Heigl way and become close to unemployable, from general @rseholerery.

Is she meant to be that bad?

I don't like him much either, his constant shouting "no no no!" seems to be his best acting trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I will not watch a film with him in it.

I even get mad when I see a new film trailer with him in it, he is the most annoying actor ever in my opinion.
    NIMAN wrote: »

Pretty much as these two put it. Will actively avoid seeing a film if he is in it. Would have seen Lawless by now if he wasn't in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I thought he was good in Lawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Don't like him as an actor, he comes across as being very arrogant, he was one of the biggest problems with 'Crystal Skulls', seems like his career has taken a nose dive since then. Small loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

FlashD wrote: »
    Don't like him as an actor, he comes across as being very arrogant, he was one of the biggest problems with 'Crystal Skulls', seems like his career has taken a nose dive since then. Small loss!

The biggest problem in crystal skulls was the crystal skulls IMO.

I think his main problem is he basically plays Shia La Boeuf in all his movies.

Transformers- starring Shia la Boeuf as "Shia la Boeuf".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Birneybau wrote: »

Jaysus, never understand that behaviour, there's nothing wrong with a star pushing for better writing or being involved in the creative process within reason if they have something to offer, but all that just sounds like being a pain in the hole for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ror_74 wrote: »
    He nearly ruined the movie for me :/

Terrible actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

LaBeouf is at it again.

Wore a paper bag over his head at the Berlin festival with the words "I am not famous anymore" scrawled on the bag. http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2014/feb/10/shia-labeouf-nymphomaniac-press-conference-paper-bag-berlin-video

Also has been promoting his manifesto - http://www.metamodernism.org/

This comes after not washing and pulling out his own tooth on the set of his forthcoming movie with Brad Pitt.

Odd guy.

Attention seeker is all he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

ror_74 wrote: »

Lawless was a steaming pile of horse ****.

I won't watch a film with him in it, his acting is so bad (and he is unbelievably irritating), he doesn't even look convincing in the Lawless movie poster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LaBeouf is at it again.

Wore a paper bag over his head at the Berlin festival with the words "I am not famous anymore" scrawled on the bag. http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2014/feb/10/shia-labeouf-nymphomaniac-press-conference-paper-bag-berlin-video

Also has been promoting his manifesto - http://www.metamodernism.org/

This comes after not washing and pulling out his own tooth on the set of his forthcoming movie with Brad Pitt.

Odd guy.

Someone told me his twitter had been hacked because there was one tweet a day for about three weeks saying "i am not famous anymore". But if he wrote that on the paper bag, then presumably that was him tweeting.

Bizarre behavior.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,730 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I remember defending him back in the day, thinking the backlash against him was just a tad OTT. I now figure he brings a lot of the hate upon himself, and the plagiarism controversy (and the controversy over his apology for being caught plagiarising) highlights he's pretty creatively immoral too. Mind you, this latest stunt and the rumors of teeth-pulling make me wonder if we're seeing yet another public nervous breakdown by a celebrity. Wouldn't be the first time in recent memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

pixelburp wrote: »
    I remember defending him back in the day, thinking the backlash against him was just a tad OTT. I now figure he brings a lot of the hate upon himself, and the plagiarism controversy (and the controversy over his apology for being caught plagiarising) highlights he's pretty creatively immoral too. Mind you, this latest stunt and the rumors of teeth-pulling make me wonder if we're seeing yet another public nervous breakdown by a celebrity. Wouldn't be the first time in recent memory.

I think at least the the 'image' of a nervous breakdown is seen as kinda cool by some these days, that's all it is. His 'apology' for the plagiarism was one of the lowest, self obsessed things I've seen done by a celebrity. Attention seeker no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

“When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea,” stated LaBeouf enigmatically, before abruptly walking off stage 10 minutes into the conference.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/lars-von-trier-arrives-in-berlin-wearing-cannes-persona-non-grata-t-shirt-1201094394/

The original comment by Eric Cantona

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/when-the-seagulls-follow-the-trawler-it-is-because-they-think-sardines-will-be-thrown-into-the-sea-1613641.html

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He looks better with the bag over his head :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

He probably just watched the Simpsons episode with Thomas Pynchon and plagiarised that.

ikg5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

He reminds me of Gordon Love Hewitt

He was good in the golf movie! :D

Warper wrote: »
    He reminds me of Gordon Love Hewitt

Jennifer's husband?

Or did you mean Joseph Gorden Levitt? Anyway, J.G.L. seems like a good sort, not like the bad egg Shia Labeouf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I hate him. The mere mention of his name creates an illogical visceral rage in me.

Advertisement