Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NDLS

• 04-02-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I was all for the forming of the NDLS
    I thought we needed a single, professional, secure supplier to streamline the service nationally.
    Unfortunately I don't think we got any of these.
    Our student has been waiting since 7th Nov for a Learner Permit. One test has had to be rescheduled and another date is in jeopardy. Now I can live with initial teething problems but being told blatant lies is unacceptable.
    We were told the licence was dispatched a number of times latest as recently as 24 th Jan. On 31st when contacted they said it was sent so therefore a problem with An Post. Today they finally admitted it hasn't yet been dispatched but it was someone with the same name they were referring to.
    Same name, although they have a Lic no from another Cat and they take Ppsn and address confirmation. basically they now don't know where it is.
    But how can you lose all this computerised data, it's not like a bit of paper being mislaid. Therefore there's a Data Protection issue and very poor security.
    Allied to that when you eventually do get an answer on Customer Service line they can't help and assure you they'll ring you back but never do.
    Not fit for service I'm afraid.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Check this thread out they seem to have really f**ked this up ala oirsh water
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88836099#post88836099

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

I had a guy come to me with exactly the same issue. I called them but the waiting time on the phone was 45 mins. I sent him to Trim and he later told me they admitted human error. He was fortunate that the testing centre gave him a new date foc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TennisFan

Hi has anyone been told their licence is lost in the post? Waiting 5 weeks for mine. They say it was posted on 11/6. As it has n't arrived they are sAying I've to go thru the whole process of applying again. And get a Garda to sign a form that it is lost. What have other people found?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

TennisFan wrote: »
    Hi has anyone been told their licence is lost in the post? Waiting 5 weeks for mine. They say it was posted on 11/6. As it has n't arrived they are sAying I've to go thru the whole process of applying again. And get a Garda to sign a form that it is lost. What have other people found?

You've no choice but to reapply. I would ask them to confirm that they will waive the cost of the reapplication though.

Advertisement