Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish dad's reaction to the news his son has "failed" his driving test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Fits the stereotypical country oul' lad pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Fake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hill scccchhhhhhhhhteeeeart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lol @ sweeten her up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Son is a gobsh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd say that fella's sweat smells like cabbage water.

Sorry, I mean shweat shmells like cabbage wah-thur.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

"A ****ing bitch of a wuhman"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Son is a gobsh1te.

Dads no better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

So loving and supportive :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

That is pretty much what my father sounds like. Except my dad has a thicker accent and curses more.

I didn't know cúnt was a swear word until I got to secondary school :eek:

Love it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Its 40% robert!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Father is not wearing a seat belt :0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Haha priceless stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i loved it,
    was that a mayo accent,

I don't know, I was thinking it's a southerly midlands accent, Offaly/Laois?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

goat2 wrote: »
    i loved it,
    was that a mayo accent,

No, god save us! sounds Louth to me. Oh and fake, video sounds faked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

what county do you think hes from?

i am now thinking offaly right now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Muise... wrote: »
    No, god save us! sounds Louth to me. Oh and fake, video sounds faked too.

Sounds nothing like a Louth accent. The son is from Limerick according to his Facebook.

Duff wrote: »
    Sounds nothing like a Louth accent. The son is from Limerick according to his Facebook.

The father sounded like someone I knew from Carlingford. But then that lad had a stammer. And a big bushy beard. Father is not from Limerick anyway. Longford maybe?

• Advertisement

The father sounded like someone I knew from Carlingford. But then that lad had a stammer. And a big bushy beard. Father is not from Limerick anyway. Longford maybe?

I am from Longford as is the aul lad. It is definitely a midlands accent, but further south than Longford. Laois / Offaly I guess. More Laois than Offaly, unless you go near Ballinasloe end of Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Its Leitrim, well at least i know the lad is from Leitrim

gadetra wrote: »
    I am from Longford as is the aul lad. It is definitely a midlands accent, but further south than Longford. Laois / Offaly I guess. More Laois than Offaly, unless you go near Ballinasloe end of Offaly.

OK, but I say not as far SW as Limerick, and they'd better not bring that talk over the Shannon to Ballinasloe, which is in Galway :D. Maybe some corner of Tipp?

OK, but I say not as far SW as Limerick, and they'd better not bring that talk over the Shannon to Ballinasloe, which is in Galway :D. Maybe some corner of Tipp?

I know hence why I said near Balinasloe :D Have family from there. Wouldn't wish the accent on anyone!

SureWouldntYa says the young fella is from Leitrim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I thought he was from the alsace region of France myself

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭thestar

Both from leitrim, I'm on facebook a long time and its one of the funniest things I'v ever watched on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭franglan

North Leitrim/Cavan accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

According to his facebook he is from here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drumkeerin/106082589429888

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

kjl wrote: »
    This vid is making the rounds on Reddit, currently top link.

So, you're saying this is a repost?

OP is a bundle of sticks?

• Advertisement

i think it is priceless, we let our true feelings known to kin and even though he was a bit mad, he was not happy about paying for another driving test, as he said to get the same answer,

i got the test on the second go,
    and when my older child was doing her test, she said she would not fail, and that i would be the only person in the house with a fail first time round,
    i then asked them to bet on it, and we agreed 100e,
    i went with her as far as test centre and went off down town to kill time while she was out doing her test, i did carry the 100e in my pocket hoping to be handing it over,
    but lo and behold when test was over and i asked the result, she had failed, i just put out the open palm, and took it, but i took her for lunch on it, a bet was a bet after all,
    she picked on me for a time before the test just because i failed first time round,
    i did not say anything to her after hers, i knew how she felt, i had felt the same when i failed, i hated the thought of having to go through the same thing all over again than the price of the thing,
    so i applied for it for her and in we went six months later, she did not ask to bet on it that time, at least i lost nothing on the first bet and it paid for her second test, she passed it and was happy

Advertisement