Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawnsoft

• 29-01-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or is the adverts section turning into a variable pawn shop ,
    Seriously bugging me lately people flogging every thing and anything lately ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Care to give a few examples of the offending items!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

The hoarders, like myself, are becoming fewer. I find that a lot of players are financing the new "I want" by clearing out the items that they don't use or can survive without. If that is what they have to do to stay in the sport rather than say "I can't afford airsoft", then I have no problem with it. It is just a sign of the times and everyone is more astute with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

I've noticed there's a lot more aegs being sold by new joiners using words like " great range and rate of fire" even though it's completely standard :-)

As good as new. Only ever used in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

se conman wrote: »
    The hoarders, like myself, are becoming fewer. I find that a lot of players are financing the new "I want" by clearing out the items that they don't use or can survive without. If that is what they have to do to stay in the sport rather than say "I can't afford airsoft", then I have no problem with it. It is just a sign of the times and everyone is more astute with money.

Zero problems with selling half guns ,part guns ,camo,and other bits and pieces ,
    My issue is the tat that belongs on eBay ,Facebook or buy and sell or car boot sales ,

Ohh look I found a half a cookie down the side of my couch I'll trade for a VFC ,Mauri recoil 416 ,

* Dogwatch pm'ed *

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

HaHaHa. I noticed one add in paticular that must have really set you off. I see where you are coming from.

• Advertisement

se conman wrote: »
    HaHaHa. I noticed one add in paticular that must have really set you off. I see where you are coming from.

Its not one single more a collection of various threads over the last while ,

( or just getting grumpy in my old age )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you see a thread that should not be here..... report it. if not live and let live.......................

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

We're also getting traffic from adverts.ie - I'm having to remove a lot of guns on a daily basis there and I normally make them aware of the forum here.
    It would account for a lot of the new sign-ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Not everyone can walk into a shop or come on here a buy a gun straight up.Thats the way things are gone and as se conman said there clearing old stuff out for new stuff.Ye some of it should be left in the parts box but at the end of the day its worth something and thats how they look at it.I myself might have put up one of those threads that annoyed u but for me to update what i have i need to clear what i don't use to do so.I love the sport and if i want to stay at it and up to date somewhat this is what needs to be done.

brenak47 wrote: »
    Not everyone can walk into a shop or come on here a buy a gun straight up.Thats the way things are gone and as se conman said there clearing old stuff out for new stuff.Ye some of it should be left in the parts box but at the end of the day its worth something and thats how they look at it.I myself might have put up one of those threads that annoyed u but for me to update what i have i need to clear what i don't use to do so.I love the sport and if i want to stay at it and up to date somewhat this is what needs to be done.

No I'm been misunderstood ,

Its not the the spare parts or the handguard off a dboys m4 asking €50 no offers unless its an aeg ,
    type adds ,

Its all the other useless junk that's nothing to do with airsoft at all threads ,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gatling wrote: »
    Its all the other useless junk that's nothing to do with airsoft at all threads ,
    Like what? Did you report any of them?
    The rules are pretty clear on the limited cases when non-airsoft stuff is allowed on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

I must say ive seen a few stupid posts up where they want to swap non airsoft stuff for airsoft gear, tbh if they wanted to get airsoft gear why not sell that non airsoft related item and then purchase airsoft gear, them adds bug me,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

matty1994 wrote: »
    I must say ive seen a few stupid posts up where they want to swap non airsoft stuff for airsoft gear, tbh if they wanted to get airsoft gear why not sell that non airsoft related item and then purchase airsoft gear, them adds bug me,

Because its called trading....and its just a bit a part of the second hand market here on boards + adverts are selling something for cash.

Don't see the problem, I've a Nintendo DS knocking about never used, all in it's worth about €200 with all the stuff I have.

If I'm wanting to fund let's say a Glock, why would I go through the effort of selling the NDS< getting cash, then hunting a glock, when I can at the same time offer a straight trade?

Considering how poorly people rate their kit (ie completely over price it ) and have such poorly informed and in some cases misdirected views on depreciation value and quality, that is more the concern for me.

These are electrical and mechanical devices, that the minute you plug a battery in and pull the trigger starts depreciating. I can't understand people with say Dboys and JG clones, looking for €130+ for them. At the same time I've had ****ing ludicrous offers for a rifle I have that cost all in about €400 to build, and I'm selling for €220, and people have the audacity to offer pennies or clones in trading.

I don't know if pricing has shifted that dramatically, and maybe I'm living in the past, but I get a pretty hefty LOL when I see people wanting 100+ for second hand clone pistols, when you buy them new for €120, or people wanting €150 for their clone AK's and M4's...: /

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

TheDoc wrote: »
    Because its called trading....and its just a bit a part of the second hand market here on boards + adverts are selling something for cash.

Don't see the problem, I've a Nintendo DS knocking about never used, all in it's worth about €200 with all the stuff I have.

If I'm wanting to fund let's say a Glock, why would I go through the effort of selling the NDS< getting cash, then hunting a glock, when I can at the same time offer a straight trade?

Considering how poorly people rate their kit (ie completely over price it ) and have such poorly informed and in some cases misdirected views on depreciation value and quality, that is more the concern for me.

These are electrical and mechanical devices, that the minute you plug a battery in and pull the trigger starts depreciating. I can't understand people with say Dboys and JG clones, looking for €130+ for them. At the same time I've had ****ing ludicrous offers for a rifle I have that cost all in about €400 to build, and I'm selling for €220, and people have the audacity to offer pennies or clones in trading.

I don't know if pricing has shifted that dramatically, and maybe I'm living in the past, but I get a pretty hefty LOL when I see people wanting 100+ for second hand clone pistols, when you buy them new for €120, or people wanting €150 for their clone AK's and M4's...: /

I do get where youre coming from on the trading stuff, but it is like you say the rediculous value people have on these items, over pricing second hand stuff in order to try rip someone off, from my view i have found everyone bar the odd 1 person in airsoft great to deal with, very generous chaps and very very helpful, but just annoys me when ridicously high value is put on an item when its not true

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Coming from the prospective of a buyer and a seller I honestly say 9/10 people do it to avoid low balling. You're gun is gonna get offered a half price or less offer most of the time to see if you lower asking. And as all boardies should know asking price is set in stone and cannot ve raised.

If your ideal asking price is 100, and you set it like that, anyone and their mother may very well offer 99.99 before they give you What you're looking for, 100. So going for 110 or 120 is understandable.

Though I will agree it irks me when someone is selling anything on here that a QuickTime of retailer shows 165 or 100 in store and people have them up for 164 and 99.

When it comes to junk, I like to think people will throw em up at low prices as they might ve useful to someone else. I seldom see someone over price junk unless it's book face but then they get slated for it.

2cents :-)

matty1994 wrote: »

The second paragraph in the adverts forum rules says:
    Steve wrote: »
    This forum is for private individuals buying, selling and trading Airsoft related equipment.

The only exception we allow is you can post a [WANTED] thread for a specific airsoft item and offer a non airsoft item for trade. Emphasis must be on the airsoft item though.

If you spot anything that does not comply with this then please report it and we'll remove it. It's most definitely an airsoft adverts forum, not a 'sell your junk' forum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

TheDoc wrote: »

Myself i think alot of them stupid priced guns have been either bought as a present or out of there own pocket money(next generation of airsofters).Then they see something different they want and have in there head well its only a few months old it cost me x amount so i'll knock a few quid off not realising that some guns nearly halve in value after a few months.I bought a raider here 6 months old for 100 euro and i've seen one a year and a half old on fb going between 150-180.which is stupid money and then they wonder why its not selling.

Advertisement