Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyles are getting worse

• 20-01-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭

Racing Double today.
    Summerfree 3.00 & Elusive Hawk 4.00 both to win at Wolverhampton.
    Enhanced to 10/3.
    Their own prices were 8/11 Summerfree and 13/8 Elusive Hawk which works
    out at 3.53/1 double or just over 7/2.
    PP were 4/1 the same double.
    Price was unchanged for over an hour.

They keep enhancing their football based Boylemanias to what the rest of the market are with a €50 max bet but you can go into another bookie and have whatever you want on it at the same price?
    They never do a "normal" straight Win Football Treble anymore, instead they do a team -1 goal or -2 in with 2 hotties and no enhanced horses on the shows anymore.

Their PL prices are the worst out of all the main bookies (PP, Hills, BetVictor, Bet365, Betfred, Coral & Lads)
    1st goalscorer prices are shocking compared to the rest of the market
    but I assume this is because of the double the odds if he scores in the 1st 20 mins they are running but that's not an excuse to be that short.
    Would assume they havn't paid out that often on it so far either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Racing Double today.
    Summerfree 3.00 & Elusive Hawk 4.00 both to win at Wolverhampton.
    Enhanced to 10/3.
    Their own prices were 8/11 Summerfree and 13/8 Elusive Hawk which works
    out at 3.53/1 double or just over 7/2.
    PP were 4/1 the same double.
    Price was unchanged for over an hour.

They keep enhancing their football based Boylemanias to what the rest of the market are with a €50 max bet but you can go into another bookie and have whatever you want on it at the same price?
    They never do a "normal" straight Win Football Treble anymore, instead they do a team -1 goal or -2 in with 2 hotties and no enhanced horses on the shows anymore.

Their PL prices are the worst out of all the main bookies (PP, Hills, BetVictor, Bet365, Betfred, Coral & Lads)
    1st goalscorer prices are shocking compared to the rest of the market
    but I assume this is because of the double the odds if he scores in the 1st 20 mins they are running but that's not an excuse to be that short.
    Would assume they havn't paid out that often on it so far either.

The range of bets in play is also dire compared to other bookies. Very few first half markets for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Very much a high street bookie I think. Geared towards customers ocming in off the street where they don;t have many other options if they fancy a bet. I can't imagine their online business is very successful when a quick click on Oddschecker will tell you how poor they are.

Don't think I've ever had more than two or three bets with them in all the years my account has been open. Very rare they're top proice on anything I've fancied. More miserable than Ladbrokes and that takes some doing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

1st goalscorer tonight, they are 4/1 Lukaku.
    Ladbrokes are enhanced at 11/2 (Max €25) ordinary price was 9/2, the same price as most other bookies including Betfred who are Double/Treble the odds if 1st scores 2nd and a 3rd.

Betfred into 4's Lukaku now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The results for the industry have been terrible for the past 6 months. Irish racing has seen mostly favs winning, which would be a huge part of Boyles turnover. Then there was the horrific soccer results of last wkend with 14/15 best backed winning. Some bookies have the funds and resources to withstand this and continue giving good offers. Boyles, a two bit operation, don't.

• Advertisement

The footie results were only bad 2 weekends ago, the rest of the season has been pretty good for them with a few hotpots getting turned over every week.
    Boyles are the 2nd biggest bookie in Ireland afaik so there's no excuse for their pricing.
    They are always the worst price of the Top PL teams every Saturday.
    It might only be 11/8 against 6/4 the rest of the market but add them up every week for the year and it would be a good chunk of extra profit for them.
    Hills posted some good results last week so they should have been okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

They are streets ahead of alot of firms including PP for most antepost horse racing, it all evens out really and thats why having multiple accounts is a no brainer really.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Don't think so.
    They are still Ante Post rules on the Big 4 Cheltenham races, PP are NRNB as are Bet Victor & Bet365.

Quick check of the Prices:

Champ Hurdle they are 3's Hurricane Fly, 10/3 in other places.
    Champ Chase they are evens Sprinter the same as a few others but Ante Post rules applying.
    World Hurdle they are 7/4 Big Bucks lowest price anywhere, as high as 5/2 with Ante Post rules, 2/1 Bet Victor & PP with NRNB.
    Gold Cup they are 9/4 Bobs Worth but so are Bet Victor & PP again NRNB.

Might be bigger some of the "smaller" Cheltenham races.

"multiple accounts is a no brainer really. "

Absolute NO brainer.
    Anybody who doesn't have multiple accounts needs their heads examined.

Don't think so.
    They are still Ante Post rules on the Big 4 Cheltenham races, PP are NRNB as are Bet Victor & Bet365.

Champ Hurdle they are 3's Hurricane Fly, 10/3 in other places.
    Champ Chase they are evens Sprinter the same as a few others but Ante Post rules applying.
    World Hurdle they are 7/4 Big Bucks lowest price anywhere, as high as 5/2 with Ante Post rules, 2/1 Bet Victor & PP with NRNB.
    Gold Cup they are 9/4 Bobs Worth but so are Bet Victor & PP again NRNB.

"multiple accounts is a no brainer really. "

Absolute NO brainer.
    Anybody who doesn't have multiple accounts needs their heads examined

Double post.

• Advertisement

Champ Hurdle they are 3's Hurricane Fly, 10/3 in other places. - Top price everything else
    Champ Chase they are evens Sprinter the same as a few others but Ante Post rules applying. - Top price or joint on 5 top 8World Hurdle they are 7/4 Big Bucks lowest price anywhere, as high as 5/2 with Ante Post rules, 2/1 Bet Victor & PP with NRNB. - Top price on everything elseGold Cup they are 9/4 Bobs Worth but so are Bet Victor & PP again NRNB. - Top price or equal on all top 4 in the GC

They have taken a position on one or two favs, most notably Hurricane Fly and Big Bucks but other than that they are top priced on a huge % of horses and their overrounds compare favourably with theior competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

They also had Matthew Mcconaughey @2/1 for best actor when everyone else was 6/4. :) I remember they were best price on Radhjani Express last year in cheltenham so i left PP and went to Boyles. Overall, paddy have best prices, but boyles beat them some days

top priced on a huge % of horses

But still Ante Post.
    They may be Top Priced on a lot of horses outside of the top 4 in the betting which would be about right for them these days.
    You would assume a bookie to be Top priced Most of the horses when they are still AP.

When did you last see them enhance say MU, Arsenal, Man City Trebke when they were all odds on?
    I haven't seen them do that in, must be over a year now.

Okidoki, they are running a bussiness not a charity, their goal is to maximise turnover and as a result maximise profits.

Would I be right in saying that at one point or another you have basically rubbished every chain of bookmakers out there in the last say 12 months??

Perhaps gambling aint for you?

Okidoki, they are running a bussiness not a charity, their goal is to maximise turnover and as a result maximise profits.

That's fair enough but their prices have got worse compared to the others in the last year?

Their Jan Sale this year was very poor compared to previous years, money back in a virtual meeting and some horse enhances before racing.
    This also applied to the Ladbrokes & PP offers.
    Would I be right in saying that at one point or another you have basically rubbished every chain of bookmakers out there in the last say 12 months??

Probably ;)
    When I have a observation/comment to make about bad prices or poor service or anything on those lines, I will make it.
    Nothing worse then people getting fleeced and they don't know it.
    No harm in keeping the bookies on their toes.
    I would also make a complimentary comment if it warrants it.

Perhaps gambling aint for you?

Based on P&L's over the years, you are probably right ;)

Boyles really ducking the 2 main horses this weekend.
    Enhanced Big Bucks & H Fly double to 7/4 in the shops tonight.
    PP were 2/1 on their ordinary prices but it will be a 9/4-5/2 shot around 10am Saturday going on the Betfair prices.

They were 9/4 the double in shops today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

has any1 ever got free bet off boyle online

Not since opening of account.

8 yrs not one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Got offered a fiver once im sure.

About as good as it got.

Now NRNB the big 4 races at Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

got €20 free bet last week off them because it was 3 years since i had signed up with them

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

never got a thing off them
    was so disgusted i closed my account

the site used to crash a lot esp on very busy days yet
    they never offered me anything
    never thought id say these words but they are
    worse than ladbrokes

but they are worse than Ladbrokes

There's a first!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

brilou23 wrote: »
    has any1 ever got free bet off boyle online

Never.... Pp gave me a good few

i emptied my account moved betfair yesterday

mailburner wrote: »
    never got a thing off them
    was so disgusted i closed my account

the site used to crash a lot esp on very busy days yet
    they never offered me anything
    never thought id say these words but they are
    worse than ladbrokes

I have accounts with all the major firms and would have on a typical saturday afternoon two or three poker clients, oddschecker and all the betting accounts open at the same time, never had any problems with any site only Boyles, very frustrating indeed.

I am big into Golf betting though and along with B365 find them the best for competitive early prices.

In fairness they are doing some reasonable Money backs last few tournaments.
    Money Back 2nd to Mcilroy or Woods last week, this week Money Back 2nd to Schwartzel in the Joburg Open.
    PP 6 places most of the time in the last few weeks as well.
    Even Coral have a Money Back 2nd to Max 25 as Free Bet, in the main tournament last 3 weeks.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    In fairness they are doing some reasonable Money backs last few tournaments.
    Money Back 2nd to Mcilroy or Woods last week, this week Money Back 2nd to Schwartzel in the Joburg Open.
    PP 6 places most of the time in the last few weeks as well.
    Even Coral have a Money Back 2nd to Max 25 as Free Bet, in the main tournament last 3 weeks.

I have covered 10 events in 2014 thus far in the Golf and I just checked my records antepost that involved 37 golfers, not one was best priced in PP, I would always prefer the jucier price than the extra place tbh, ,most events it wont actually make any difference at all unless your selection is an outright 6th on his own.

Advertisement