Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Announcement/Forum Mod

• 22-01-2014 11:52am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Firstly Sarky is stepping down and from what I can see, karlhs last post on Boards was 24-05-2013.

So, this place is dead, do you want to keep it going?

If so, do you want to take on the Modship* and turn this place around?

*Disclaimer*

Just because you volunteer, doesn't mean we will pick you.

Just because I asked for volunteers, doesn't mean we'll pick any of you.

I'm just shaking the apple tree to see what falls out.

What we look for in a Mod:

Cop on.
    At least half a functioning brain.
    Cop on.
    A calm and cool attitude in the face of idiot argumentative users.
    Cop on.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its legends of the boards.
    Think it suits you best Beruthiel;):D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If you're trying to suggest I Mod this place Mr. KoolKid, I'll pass. :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There may be some good wine in it for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

The lack of use suggests it has outlived its original purpose and its taking up space for little benefit, which suggests it should be closed.

However

1) Why not re-cycle it and offer it as a ready made home to the most deserving forum request from the list http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=461

or

2) As a home for several of the minor requests for forums ie they don't warrant a forum on their own, but as a joint venture several might thrive in a partnership, with a bit of tolerance and communication on all sides.

edit - it also strikes me that turning around a forum so dead is not that appealing for a potential mod, but modding a new joint venture with several different focal points would be quite appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Is it not a case that at this stage, the very things that made a user a legend in the past, get them banned now? Imho I dont see this forum getting too many more statues in its garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll take it, if nobody else wants it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I will also throw my hat in the ring if the position is still available.

Sadly "An File" that means that you and I must inevitably do battle. Perhaps a poetry-off would be appropriate?

A poetry battle for power
    T'would make lesser mods tremble and cower
    They each give a verse
    We decide whose not worst
    The whole thing done in under an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Me.

Please? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭on the river

If given this most honourable vocation I will not only bring this forum back to life but also bring fresh enthusiasm and ideas. This
    Forum has a bright future.

For remembering all legends past and present.
    They deserve are appreciation.

• Advertisement

is this the longest job interview on record?

Advertisement