Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Workout playlist

Options
  • 26-03-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Got back to training recently & one thing that really helps is a good workout playlist .I have list of my most current one anyone got any recommendations for additions gladly appreciate

imagine dragons - radioactive
    Marilyn mansion - fight song
    linkin park - bleed it out
    bob dylan - the hurricane
    five finger death punch- bad company
    outcast - bad company
    tomorrowland - 2012 movie
    powerman 5000- bombshell
    Macklemore- can’t hold us
    beastie boys - sabotage
    linkin park - a place for my head
    system of a down - chop suey
    rammstein - ich wil
    daft punk - aerodynamic
    drowning pool - bodies
    gorillaz - feel good inc

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭jackdarabbit

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

The ministry of sound do some good albums under their Running Trax brand..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Some I have myself:

Queens of the Stone Age - anything, but specifically Feel Good Hit of the Summer
    Lots of Dropkick Murphys
    HTFU specific - Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name of

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I found myself being drawn back to mid-90s electronic stuff - Music for the Jilted Generation and Experience (Prodigy), Snivilisation (Orbital), Leftism (Leftfield), Everything, Everything (Underworld - a best of, rather than an album), Classics and I Care Because You Do (Aphex Twin), and the Orb (particularly Orbus Terrarum, definitely in my top 5 albums of all time) for the slower ones. Kind of went off music in the last couple of months though, but I've got me an "armband" and running headphones so I'll be trying them out to see do I enjoy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭jackdarabbit

The XX - Intro (Video)

I found myself being drawn back to mid-90s electronic stuff - Music for the Jilted Generation and Experience (Prodigy), Snivilisation (Orbital), Leftism (Leftfield), Everything, Everything (Underworld - a best of, rather than an album), Classics and I Care Because You Do (Aphex Twin), and the Orb (particularly Orbus Terrarum, definitely in my top 5 albums of all time) for the slower ones. Kind of went off music in the last couple of months though, but I've got me an "armband" and running headphones so I'll be trying them out to see do I enjoy it again.

You have an outstanding taste in music, can take or leave Jilted Generation but the rest all classics. Not too many Orbus Terrarum fans out there.

You should tack on Lifeforms by the Future Sound of London for the lsrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Some of my regulars at the moment:

Step Out - Jose Gonzalez

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke

Genesis - Grimes

Bad Skin Day - Bell X1

I Love It - Icona Pop

Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club

Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People

National Anthem - Lana Del Ray

Spotify have some fantastic running playlists too.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

Few of my favorite ones at the minute;

Citizen cope - let the drummer kick

Disturbed - down with the sickness (for that last fast mile!)

Bell X1 - Alphabet soup

Queens of the stone age - No one knows

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

Some of my favourites:

Ready to start - Arcade Fire
    Empty Room - Arcade Fire
    Headlines - Drake
    Time to pretend - MGMT
    Hysteria - Muse
    Visions - Pendulum
    Propane Nightmares - Pendulm

Lots of rizzle kicks, the police, alt J and rudemental!! bit of a mixed bag there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

The verve - bitter sweet symphony..

Came on at the end of a rainy, cold run this morning, and everything was ok again!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Eminem - Cinderella Man
    Imagine Dragons - Believer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

6 year old thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

Old thread but a recurring theme.

Perhaps add a few that'd break up a monotonous pace into a fartlek of sorts?

E.g Tubthumping by Chumbawumba or She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult. Not too much cock 'rawk', man etc as you don't want to end up being arrested for threatening gestures if you're just innocently running and air guitar soloing down the road.

Advertisement