Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Financial aid to study a postgraduate degree (Veterinary)

• 13-01-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,
    I am currently studying animal science in UCD and I am applying to study veterinary in Kosice or Budapest for the coming college year. I have a problem as it will cost between €50,000-60,000 over the four years of study between fees and living. Does anybody know of any financial aid such as grants I can apply for from either intended college or even from Ireland. I am yet to go to the credit union to discuss a loan although I am highly doubtful I will get a loan for such a high amount or is this possible does anybody know? Is there any other sources of student loans or personal loans that will give me such a high amount of which the majority can be paid back post graduation? basically if anyone has any information on how I may get financial aid, loan or grant I would be inexplicably grateful.
    I have worked so hard for the past four years to hopefully be accepted and to have this opportunity removed due to finance would be devastating for me, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,742 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Is that a postgrad course?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BellamysPiano

Is that a postgrad course?

Ye a 4 year post graduate course!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,742 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I gave you some helpful links last week

Postgrad grants are available for Ireland and Northern Ireland

These links may be of use. You can also claim tax relief on the fees

http://www.iefa.org/

http://www.postgrad.ie/sources-government-funding.html

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/studying_abroad/studying_outside_ireland.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement