Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get mp-10?

• 13-12-2013 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi, guys,

really want to get a mp-10, but the price is nearly 300 euro on amazon, anyone could tell me where i get one with reasonable price? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

flyandrain wrote: »
    hi, guys,

really want to get a mp-10, but the price is nearly 300 euro on amazon, anyone could tell me where i get one with reasonable price? thanks

What's your budget?

I've not waited through the prices on that thing recently, but i'm thinking the Hasbro one is going to cost the bones of 200 euro anyway. TT one, I don't know, but I think it was at least that new, two years ago, and the Hasbro Asia reissue cost more again.

There's a "Year of the Horse" deco of the mold being released around now, but the colour blocking is an acquired taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

wernstrom! wrote: »
    What's your budget?

I've not waited through the prices on that thing recently, but i'm thinking the Hasbro one is going to cost the bones of 200 euro anyway. TT one, I don't know, but I think it was at least that new, two years ago, and the Hasbro Asia reissue cost more again.

There's a "Year of the Horse" deco of the mold being released around now, but the colour blocking is an acquired taste.

well, i just plan to spend less than 240 euro on it. just wondering where you get these stuff from in general?

thank you !

Hasbro deco or Takara Tomy?

I would previously have said 240 is enough, but having had a quick look around yesterday, i'm not so certain now.

the Takara Tomy one, but it is impossible to get a brand new with that price. i think my best bet is on Ebay. keep fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

If you're still looking for the Takara one, Robotkingdom have it for 240 dollars. It's 60 dollars shipping and 300 dollars according to XE.com is around 220 euro. Just saying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DBK wrote: »
    If you're still looking for the Takara one, Robotkingdom have it for 240 dollars. It's 60 dollars shipping and 300 dollars according to XE.com is around 220 euro. Just saying :)

And considering the size and weight of the package, about another sixty Euro on top of that in import duty.

Check your PMs, i might have a solution for you.

thank you all,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

im also trying to get a hold of this, but im new to collecting these masterpiece versions and was wondering whats up with all the different boxes? ive seen one that are full cardboard boxes like this..

Cardboard

Then some that are see through plastic like this..

Plastic

its a bit confusing to a newb like me! Im thinking ill have to buy it from one of the US sites but the thoughts of paying the taxes is killing me.

Plastic boxes are usually the Hasbro (Western markets, several South East Asian countries) version,

Cardboard boxes are usually Takara (Japan)

As a general rule, the Hasbro ones are exclusive to Toys R US, and are a pig to get a hold of. although sometimes TRU UK do stock them, where they're not so quick to sell out.

Based on original retail price, Hasbro ones are usually cheaper...but they're more prone to being grabbed by resellers for a quick profit.

Jury is out on which of the two companies actually makes better Masterpieces. Neither is a clear winner on paint or QC.

• Advertisement

I notice there is a few different primes you can get, with trailer, without, gold, black.. Id like to get one that looks like the original from the cartoon. would you recommend one in particular i should go for?

Robot mode cartoon accuracy is debateable.

MP1/4 is larger, has more diecast, but the alt mode is kind of lacking...and the trailer is missing some details too, IIRC.

MP10 is smaller, more plasticy, but alt mode is a lot more cohesive and is in better scale with most of the rest of the line.

Overall, i think MP10 is a lot more 'fun' but i wouldn't be getting shut of MP1 anytime soon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I've had a look at a few MP10s in box and the face looks a bit wonky (either bad paint job or possibly moulding issues) in some of them. I would definitely recommend looking at it in hand before purchasing.

Galvasean wrote: »
    I've had a look at a few MP10s in box and the face looks a bit wonky (either bad paint job or possibly moulding issues) in some of them. I would definitely recommend looking at it in hand before purchasing.

Have i been under a rock? Is this just a Hasbro thing?

Cause the face on mine is prefect.

well i ended up buying the hasbro one last night as i had a few quid in my paypal. I watched a video review online comparing it with the Takara one and to be honest there isnt much of a difference, I believe the Hasbro one more imitates the 80s cartoon while Takara is a replica of the original toy. I liked the fact the eyes are painted Blue on the Hasbro one and the lights on the top of Prime are painted yellow, his legs are a brighter blue too plus it was cheaper haha..

I think the difference in reds isn't as pronounced in real life?

Although personally, i prefer the darker blue on the TT version, and the fact they remembered to paint the interior of the trailer.

In the video the difference seemed fairly noticeable. Also the eyes being blue on the Hasbro one seemed to make a big difference as they are black on the takara one i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Bumping this as it's relevant to my question.

Interested in a few Masterpieces including a Japanese only release one. Where do you all order yours from?
    There are obviously loads of places online where I can order but I was curious if one particular company is better if you are ordering from within Europe?

Whammy! wrote: »
    Bumping this as it's relevant to my question.

Interested in a few Masterpieces including a Japanese only release one. Where do you all order yours from?
    There are obviously loads of places online where I can order but I was curious if one particular company is better if you are ordering from within Europe?

Which Japanese only one? Some Japanese releases are semi-limited even in Japan.

As for dealers in Europe, Kapow Toys, Masterforce, Maybe Omegalock, i've never bought anything from the last one.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Which Japanese only one? Some Japanese releases are semi-limited even in Japan.

As for dealers in Europe, Kapow Toys, Masterforce, Maybe Omegalock, i've never bought anything from the last one.

Cool thanks. I shall check out those places.
    The new MP-10E (I'm also a big fan of the Evangelion series) is the Japanese only model.

• Advertisement

Whammy! wrote: »
    Cool thanks. I shall check out those places.
    The new MP-10E (I'm also a big fan of the Evangelion series) is the Japanese only model.

That one......i...don't....know to be honest with you. I think it's somewhat limited, but it's not something i've been looking to buy.

Those sites were prefect. Thanks for that :)

Yeah I know the MP-10E it not going to suit everyone's taste :p For me it encompasses two of my favorite animations so it's something I really want. The unit is limited. 1000 units I believe.

Advertisement