Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gold Flake Cigarettes.

Options
  • 12-01-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,

A friend of mine recently came back from India and she brought me back a few packets of Gold Flake. I'd never heard of them before, however, I must say that I took an instant liking to them. After a little research I found out that one of the few places that they're still available outside of India is in Ireland. Was just wondering if anybody knew of any shops in Dublin that sell them? Would be worth making the trip!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've never seen them here for sale,only the old signs hanging in pubs. Petersons on Nassau st. might be worth asking,they may have them or could point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Gold Flake were classified as an "older persons cigarette" as the were filter less. You will be hard pushed to find these nowadays as the majority of tobacco companies are moving away from these.

Look for sweet afton as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

I remember you could get them in the 70s but they went the same way as woodbines, sweet afton and players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

You could get these up till the early 90's. Father used to smoke them.
    Used to nick one or two as a young lad. Strong as fúck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 John Farmer

I knew of a Lady relatively young who smoked the Gold Flake brand back in the early 1990's.. She was around 30 yrs old back then, and Liked them very much... She used to tap any remaining flakes off the packet before she smoked them... She said they were the best brand of cigarettes out there at the time...

Advertisement