Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U20s General Discussion

• 14-11-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

General discussion about the U20s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I have to do an article about the U20s... what's the craic, are we any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

The teams quite good, but Fetch is the genius. If a game is winnable he will win it. The man puts a huge amount of time in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yup, Fetch puts serious time in. I have been trying to keep up with his posting on the offsite and struggle to just do that. I shudder to think how much time he puts into it.

Our squad is about 2nd or 3rd best CSR-wise I think with good depth. So things going our way like they did in S16 could mean a good WC...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

must get back onto the offsite.

Stopped using it around the time of all the bickering etc. Went back there a while ago and I found I could not post in lots of places so haven't gone back to using it.

Is it any good these days?

Guess would help me to figure out these damn Zonal tactics!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I can give you access, Mouse gave me and Clampers admin powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Offsite is very very quiet these days. Not must discussion about anything at all really apart from NT and u20

Not really much discussed there apart from NT training and games, here is way more active for general chat

Fetch always confused me. I knew he was an amazing U20s manager, but I was in his league for a few seasons and he just didn't do the damage. Would not bet against the lad though.

Cool, I'll whip up this magical article of joy after some off-site viewin'.

Phonehead wrote: »
    I can give you access, Mouse gave me and Clampers admin powers.

Cool I know for one I can't post in the NT prospects threads, not sure of exact name though! The one where I was trying to post Miron stats and couldn't!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Cool I know for one I can't post in the NT prospects threads, not sure of exact name though! The one where I was trying to post Miron stats and couldn't!

I'll tick all the boxes so you should have access, jesus there are way too many user group types imo

• Advertisement

I'll tick all the boxes so you should have access, jesus there are way too many user group types imo

Soviet levels of red tape

How has our U20 campaign been of late? Off-site is mad. So much content going on there.

We have been ok, generally just falling short to the Romanians. With home advantage and the correct tactics we have every chance of finally toppling them but it won't be easy. Romania are clear front runners for the cup IMO

Draw seems decent. This could be our season. Everything seems to be set up as well as possible. That said, a lot of these world cups just seem to come down to good luck in the end. HGA will be huge though.

Edit: We are looking to become the first team ever to win a home U20 world cup

Gelio wrote: »
    Draw seems decent. This could be our season. Everything seems to be set up as well as possible. That said, a lot of these world cups just seem to come down to good luck in the end. HGA will be huge though.

Edit: We are looking to become the first team ever to win a home U20 world cup

when does the cup start?

16th

Always enjoy following it

We have been ok, generally just falling short to the Romanians. With home advantage and the correct tactics we have every chance of finally toppling them but it won't be easy. Romania are clear front runners for the cup IMO

How have the Romanians gotten so good? Like, I know it's not real world rugby, but, I wouldn't have thought they'd have enough managers to generate that amount of top players.

Must say I'm quite interested now, after having a look at a few of the old magazines.

Romania essentially took a four season cycle instead of say what we do which is target every World Cup. They get 30 17 year olds and bring them straight into their U20 squad and then write off one WC campaign. Wales have won 2 World Cups doing this, I don't agree with it especially considering Wales are a decent sized nation but it wins trophies

Romania essentially took a four season cycle instead of say what we do which is target every World Cup. They get 30 17 year olds and bring them straight into their U20 squad and then write off one WC campaign. Wales have won 2 World Cups doing this, I don't agree with it especially considering Wales are a decent sized nation but it wins trophies

Ah ok. Wow. Clever girls.

So we're against italy in the WC. from the pools ourselves, the english and the romanians were the three dominant teams with significant point difference advantage over other pools.

We'll now start finding out if the pools where uneven etc. we're into the meaty part now!

Best of luck - let's go all the way!!

• Advertisement

We're in a good place in this World Cup. Energy is good and two wins from the final. Come on fetch!!!

in hindsight probably could have gone Normal against the italians. but the squad is being used well, all subs coming on etc.

Probably should head to the offsite to see the discussions!

eoferrall wrote: »
    in hindsight probably could have gone Normal against the italians. but the squad is being used well, all subs coming on etc.

Probably should head to the offsite to see the discussions!

Russia don't look anything too impressive. We should be able to rest a player or two for the final. Everything is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Are there agreed targets for each position?
    There doesn't seem to be as much guidance on offsite academy threads as there used to be.
    Am training a prop and obviously focusing on Stamina/Strength/Technique, but is there a target for handling/attack/defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

Plumer I assume?
    I'm training a hooker for S24 and am just going off the s20 targets for him, as with any targets you can probably try to outdo it and if you've something else in mind maybe just mention your own targets on the OS (think Fetch is monitoring the S24 UTP)

link to a random S20 prop with targets in first post
    http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t3432-cian-macnally-189-123-5-4

Probably best to ask any questions you have in the file for Brian Plumer
    http://br-ireland.forumakers.com/t3888-brian-plummer-186-134-2-4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Cheers, wasn't able to post in that thread before. I seem to have inadvertently been neglecting defence and to a lesser degree handling.

Advertisement