Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting on lotto in bookies

• 07-01-2014 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

I was gonna start doing this with boylesports, but im a bit confused.

say i pick 5 numbers, if 3 of these come up in the draw do i win anything? or do i have to only pick 3 and these 3 all come up to win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Lc201395 wrote: »
    I was gonna start doing this with boylesports, but im a bit confused.

say i pick 5 numbers, if 3 of these come up in the draw do i win anything? or do i have to only pick 3 and these 3 all come up to win?

Correct. If you pick five all five need to come out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Collie D wrote: »
    Correct. If you pick five all five need to come out

Guess I'll stick with picking just 3 or 4 then. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Guess I'll stick with picking just 3 or 4 then. Thanks

You could always do doubles or trebles if you pick 4 numbers so if 2 or 3 numbers come out u will get money but it will cost you more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Im confised again, my selection came up as a treble???

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

What exactly are you trying to do, what bet did you do & what odds was it at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ohbygod

Im confised again, my selection came up as a treble???

No ur bet didnt didnt come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Yes, if you are picking 3 numbers and betting on them all to come up then the bet type is a treble. If you want to pick 3 numbers and cover all eventualities, ie, all 3 coming up, any 2 coming up or any 1 coming up then you would have to change the bet type to patent. However, because there are 7 bets overall in a patent (1 treble, 3 doubles, 3 singles) then it will cost you 7 times more. You could also do a trixie which is is 4 bets and covers the treble and 3 doubles.

Advertisement