Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Littlewoods xfactor competition

Options
  • 02-01-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Littlewoods were running a competition during the xfactor. The person who correctly predicted the most amount winners would win €500 at the end. There was a leader board so you could see how you were doing as you went along. After the semi final there was one person on 6 points and the next was on 4 points. Which meant they could not be beaten. However that person did not win the competition. After contacting Littlewoods, they were told that the winner had already been notified.
    Does anyone know if there was any winner of the competition or if it was all a scam?
    I'd be surprised at Littlewoods to be involved in a scam. But no winner was ever publicly announced.
    Be great if anyone could shed any light.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

They don't seem to be announcing winners for any of their competitions even though their T&Cs state they will. I also can't see any comments from people who won anything saying thanks etc. which you usually would. You should start posting on the Facebook page about it, I'll respond & hopefully others will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Muir wrote: »
    They don't seem to be announcing winners for any of their competitions even though their T&Cs state they will. I also can't see any comments from people who won anything saying thanks etc. which you usually would. You should start posting on the Facebook page about it, I'll respond & hopefully others will too.

I tried a comment asking if anyone had won. Littlewoods tend to just reply "The winner will be notified, if you haven't been notified, you haven't won."

Advertisement