Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Films with really bad mistakes

• 05-01-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I nominate The Mechanic, as it was on tonite on Film4, but had seen it before & couldnt believe what i was seeing boom mikes & other props stuck in it was getting to be a farce.

Was someone having a laugh in the editing suite or a gripe!
    I dont know if this is the worst film or which ever one is the nearest as I know i came across a site that details it, but cant remember it now!

Btw, its on again on Tues night - TV3 @9pm, if you want to have a laugh :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

The car chase scene from Diamonds are Forever where the car enters the ally on two wheels but exits on the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I nominate The Mechanic, as it was on tonite on Film4, but had seen it before & couldnt believe what i was seeing boom mikes & other props stuck in it was getting to be a farce.

Was someone having a laugh in the editing suite or a gripe!
    I dont know if this is the worst film or which ever one is the nearest as I know i came across a site that details it, but cant remember it now!

Btw, its on again on Tues night - TV3 @9pm, if you want to have a laugh :P

Was it shown in full screen? Sometimes if you watch a movie in the wrong aspect ratio you can see things you aren't supposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Righteous Kill the entire film was one big mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone wearing a watch in a biblical epic (forget which one), Krakatoa is WEST of Java!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

In the first Pirates of the Caribbean there's a member of the crew clearly visible in the background. I think it was one of ones where they were meant to be in it as a cameo, but he's wearing sunglasses and a t-shirt. Not exactly fitting in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭testtech05

In one of the battle scenes in braveheart, there is a mini driving along the roads in the background!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

The Great Gatsby mistake:
    letting Tobey Maguire have a part

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Isn't The Happening famous for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's tons of continuity errors in films.
    These are from Star Wars www.youtube.com/watch?v=owH54AiCheg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

testtech05 wrote: »
    In one of the battle scenes in braveheart, there is a mini driving along the roads in the background!!

There is also a vapour trail in the sky from an aeroplane in one scene I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

ps3lover wrote: »
    Was it shown in full screen? Sometimes if you watch a movie in the wrong aspect ratio you can see things you aren't supposed to.

I'd say it was Film4 the last time i saw it, so i assume it was in the letterbox format, but its on Tues nite on TV3, probably will be shown in fullscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Estella Warren in Driven goes to a nightclub in one outfit and leaves in another, almost certain that this happened (off to You Tube I go....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

ps3lover wrote: »

I think that only used to happen when it was shown incorrectly in the cinema.

The broadcast and home viewing releases of films should not have stuff like that in it and should be masked off correctly I would think.

I saw Napoleon Dynamite in the cinema years ago and the boom was visible in nearly every scene - it was never there whenever I saw the film on TV.

Also lads, a crew member standing in the back of a scene or a vapour trail in the sky hardly counts as a "really bad mistake" does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

The car chase scene from Diamonds are Forever where the car enters the ally on two wheels but exits on the other two.

Forgot that one!

There was almost a very costly mistake in Thunderball as Sean Connery makes his way underwater to the villain Largo's lair & opens the door to let the shark out & is visibly shaken when he realises an extra shark has come out & has to stand very very still :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

'Into The West' when someone is running after one of the kids I think through a shed and theres someone sitting on the ground holding a boom mic squeezing against the wall to try and get out of shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I always loved that in The Dark Knight Rises that the cops were all trapped underground for months on end... and not one of them has even a hint of a beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

In Eyes Wide Shut you can see a crew members reflection in a bathroom scene.
    Supposedly at the end of Teen Wolf an extra can be scene with his lad hanging out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Are these really really bad mistakes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

humbert wrote: »
    Are these really really bad mistakes?

They're are hundreds of little mistakes in every movie, pick the movie on IMDB and go in to its 'goofs' section and you'll see them all there.

I'm sure making a movie without a few small 'goofs' is near impossible but none mentioned so far have been as bad or as obvious as the one mentioned regarding the cops being trapped underground for months and not even having a hint of a beard, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cyrus The Virus from Con Air randomly teleporting onto a conveyor belt for rock crushing when a few seconds earlier he went through a walkway with just a street below him.
    con_air-cyrus-3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

The indestructible taxi scene in taken 2 has to be one of the worst and most noticable continuity mistakes I've ever seen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Eddie Murphy's stunt double in Beverly Hills Cop wins Worst Stunt Double Ever :pac:

I noticed this even as a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Ipso wrote: »
    In Eyes Wide Shut you can see a crew members reflection in a bathroom scene.
    Supposedly at the end of Teen Wolf an extra can be scene with his lad hanging out.

if it's the Eyes wide shut scene I'm thinking of, there could have been a dancing elephant in the background and i wouldn't have seen it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,339 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is a scene in Rocky 4
    Apollo is fighting Drago
    Before start of fight in ring
    Has gloves on one min
    Has no gloves on the next

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Eddie Murphy's stunt double in Beverly Hills Cop wins Worst Stunt Double Ever :pac:

I noticed this even as a kid

Face/Off is definitely a contender for worst stunt doubles ever, the stunts and action are great, but the guys doing them look NOTHING like Cage and Travolta.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

loveBBhate wrote: »
    They're are hundreds of little mistakes in every movie, pick the movie on IMDB and go in to its 'goofs' section and you'll see them all there
    +1

Almost every film has mistakes but the majority are relatively minor.

2 nice ones:

North by Northwest - the young boy in the restaurant on Mt Rushmore putting his fingers in his ears several seconds before a gun shot is suddenly let off.

Gladiator - the chap with the leather jacket and jeans who appears just as Russell Crowe is feeding his horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

The lone ranger - they made it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Silver Linings Playbook. One scene where Cooper and Lawrence are sitting in her dance studio the camera is moving towards them. You can see the cameraman's feet in the mirrors as he begins to circle around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

of the many things in The Jackal, Richard Geres accent stands out as the biggest mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Nino Brown wrote: »
    The lone ranger - they made it

I thought the Lone Ranger was very under-rated, it was overlong and had narrative troubles but I found it very enjoyable, especially the climax featuring the trains with Overture in the background.

It also looked fantastic.

Advertisement