Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Korean general resources

Options
  • 13-09-2004 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is more for Koreans in Ireland then Irish people. It should list what resources are available for Koreans. Please try to keep posts in this thread on topic (off topic posts will be moved out to seperate thread).

From Frany
    Korean Resources in Ireland.

This thread is to list off what resources are available in Ireland for Koreans. I only know the Dublin ones, so if anyone has any of the others post them.

아일랜드에서 이용할 수 있는 한국인을 위한 정보.

이 목록은 한국인이 아일랜드에서 이용할 수 있는 한국적인 정보를 보여주는 곳입니다.

저는 단지 더블린에 있는 정보만 알고 있습니다.

혹시 다른것도 아시는 분이 있으면 글을 올려주시면 감사하겠습니다.

올려주실땐 한국어 또는 영어로 올려주시면 고맙겠습니다^^

한국대사관 Korean Embassy
    주소지: 15 Clyde Road,
    Ballsbridge,
    Dublin 4,
    Phone: + (353 -1) - 660 - 8800/8053, 668 - 2109
    Fax: (+353-1) - 660 - 8716. [/B][/COLOR]

위치는 미국 대사관 바로 근처에 있습니다.

미국대사관 앞의 유리창과 마주선 위치에서 왼쪽길로 가면 왼쪽으로 내려가는 작은 길이 보일겁니다.

그쪽으로 내려가면서 한국 국기를 찾으세요. 한국 대사관은 바로 교회 맞은편에 있습니다.

It is near the US Embassy.

If you are facing the public window at the US embassy, then take the road on the left and it will be a little way down the road on the left hand side (look for the flag). It is opposite the church.

Hanyang Super market(한양 수퍼마켓)
    Web site

한양슈퍼는 O'Connell st(오커널 스트릿)에서 Henry st(헨리 스트릿)으로 들어오자마자 첫번째 오른쪽 골목으로 들어가면 있습니다.

가게를 이전해서 전의가게보다 규모가 커지고 더 많은종류의 한국식품과 중국식품을 볼수 있습니다. 소주를 비롯해서 다양한 한국술과 중국술을 팔고 있습니다.

직원들은 서비스가 좋은편이며 친절합니다. 혹시 영어가 잘 안된다 하더라도 걱정할것이 없습니다. 직원들이 대부분 한국인입니다.

The shop is in the alleyway of Henry Street just on the right as you enter Henry Street from O'Connell Street. It is much bigger then the old store and has a large selection of Korean foodstuffs. Great place to get Soju. ^^ The staff are very friendly and are also Korean so they can talk to you if you are not used to English.

Arilang Resturant(아리랑 식당)

Location: Parnell Street near O'Connell Street(Top of O'Connell st).

위치: O'Connell st(오커널 스트리트) 옆에 있는 Parnell st(파넬 스트리트)에 있습니다(오커널 스트리트 윗쪽)

한국재료가 별로 없는 관계로 음식값이 비싼편입니다.

밥메뉴는 한국쌀을 사용하지 않으므로 한국밥과 맛이 다릅니다.

식당 직원들은 중국어, 일본어, 한국어를 할 수 있습니다.(직원에 따라서^^)

아일랜드에 계신 한국분들을 위해서 추천합니다^^

Hanyang Korean BBQ Restaurant
    Web Site

Location: Parnell Street near O'Connell Street(Top of O'Connell st).
    위치: O'Connell st(오커널 스트리트) 옆에 있는 Parnell st(파넬 스트리트)에 있습니다(오커널 스트리트 윗쪽)

한양수퍼미켓의 주인장님이 부인과 함께 parnell st(파넬 스트릿)
    아리랑 식당 옆에 한양식당을 오픈하였습니다.

메뉴는 주로 바베큐고기, 삼겹살..주물럭..분식, ,
    중국음식,한식류이며...
    kentucky fried chicken
    (켄터키 후라이드 치킨)과 양념치킨등도
    팔고 있습니다.

한식요리자격증이 있는 주방장이 요리하므로...
    한국에 직접 가지 않아도 더블린에서 손쉽게
    그 진가를 맛보실수 있습니다.

특히 자장면 짬뽕등...아일랜드 중국식당엔 찾아볼수 없는
    한국맛 중국음식들도 먹을 수 있습니다.

한국인으로서 한국의 맛을 보고싶으신 분들을 위해
    아리앙식당보다는 이젠 한양레스토랑을 적극 추천합니다.

일단은 가서 맛을 먼저 보십시오.
    한국에 갈 필요를 못느낍니다^^

가격대는 보통 6~7유로정도 하고 있습니다.
    그러나 삼겹살이라든지 주물럭같은 경우에..
    아무래도 좀 더 비싸겠지요^^
    소주는 제가 아직 마셔보지 않아서
    얼마인지 잘 모르겠습니다. ㅠ_ㅠ

식당은 보통 밤 11시까지도 하는걸로 알고 있습니다.
    소문에 의하면 손님들이 밤 11시까지도 끊이지 않는다고 하네요.

From Tails2 (presenter)
    Anna livia FM방송 103.2에서는 한국프로그램이 두개가 있습니다. 하나는 일요일 아침에 방영하며 한국어로 진행합니다. 두번째는 월요일 저녁 8시반에 방영되며 영어로 진행합니다.

혹시 질문사항이나 방송에서 얘기하고 싶은 사항이 있으시면 또는 한국이나 한국음식에 대한 정보가 필요하시거나, 한국음악을 요청하고 싶을때는 annaliviafm@hotmail.com로 이메일을 주세요.

There are 2 korean shows on 103.2 anna livia fm. The 1st one is on a sunday morning and is in korean language. The 2nd is on a monday evening at 8.30pm and is in english.

If you have any queries or anything you would like us to talk about on the show, or if you need any information about korea, korean food or request korean songs then please email us at the show. - annaliviafm@hotmail.com

From Dubadub
    http://www.irishasians.com (doesn't appear to have anything Korean related though?)

From Lucat
    http://www.irelandhouse-korea.com/
    http://www.mofat.go.kr/mission/emb/embassy_en.mof?si_dcode=IE-IE&continent=eu&section=A

Others...
    http://www.eurojournal.net/ = European newspaper for Koreans. (한국인을 위한 유럽신문)

http://www.kbs.co.kr/ = KBS (Korean Television) has an online station.

http://korea.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page = Korean Wiki.

http://www.com2ireland.com/ = This is the information of Ireland for Koreans. (한국인들을 위한 아일랜드정보실입니다. 아일랜드에 대한 전반적인 정보와 더불어 민박집, 교육시설, 유학원, 교통편, 쇼핑센터, 한국물품 구입할수 있는곳까지 다양한 정보를 보실 수 있습니다^^)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

you did good job:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ikey82

Pure dead brlliant! Thanks a lot Hobbes!.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Can you recheck the Hanyang Super Market link please? It's not working for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frany

Can you recheck the Hanyang Super Market link please? It's not working for me now.

I posted Hanyang supermarket's new address down below.
    And Hanyang restaurant closed and the owner of it opened Bon-ga newly.
    Sorry for very late reply, I was unable to use internet while in Korea for having great time with my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thomasmccar

hey can ann one tell me where i can buy soju in ireland near carlow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

hey can ann one tell me where i can buy soju in ireland near carlow

Only place I know is Hanyang supermarket. Some of the Asian stores might have some as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Radiohead1032

Hi Frany

I have just come across this board, you have written about presening a Korean Radio Show on Dublin City Anna livia FM, I am not sure if you remember me, I too worked on the shows, advising, training the presenters and looking after the show production on behalf of the station.

The Radio Station is now called Dublin City FM and we have only one Korean Show which goes out every Saturday at 8.00am to 9.00am with a fantastic team of presenters in keeping with the great work you and the other presenters started many years ago.

The link to the Korean Show is: www.dublincityfm.ie and follow the live streaming link to the show.

You or any of your friends on this board can contact me for more information.
    Happy listening & take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hotdrop1

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area. I am writing a children's animation for a Korean company. Would a Korean child understand what a cuckoo clock is? Are there cuckoo clocks in Korea?

A strange question I know, but any help would be great!
    Thank you.

Hot drop

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wenxue

is there any 바둑 can teach?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rather than start a new thread, can this sticky be updated with newer restaurants/shops/activities for 2013/14?

I've just moved back to Ireland with my Korean gf, and will be moving to Dublin shortly. Currently in Donegal and herself is going mental with the lack of Korean food, people so want to make sure that we are aware of everywhere we can go for korean food, cultural nights, etc. What I have/know of so far is...

Dublin
    Restaurants:

Arisu - Small little restaurant on Capel st. Korean-run, been in a few times and has samgyeopsal & Korean BBQ.
    Hillan (sp?) - across the road from Arisu, chinese-korean restaurant. There are korean chefs in there for the korean dishes, so i've been told
    The Hop House/Kimchi - restaurant on Parnell St, near O'Connell st, not been there yet but heard good things
    Hanyang supermarket - small restaurant/takeaway down the back of this asian/korean supermarket on Great strand st near Jervis st luas stop. cheap and decent

Shops/supermarkets:
    Hanyang - as above, small enough and seems decent for cuts of meat, ramen, korean sweets and ice cream and basic ingredients
    Asia Market - Drury st near georges st arcade, mainly Chinese but apparently they have plenty of Korean stuff. Also have a cash and carry in Ballymount.

I also found a Chinese restaurant in Derry that serves Kimchi chicken or beef, whatever the hell that is??
    And you can get nongshim ramen in Asda in the North!

Anything more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

retalivity wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread, can this sticky be updated with newer restaurants/shops/activities for 2013/14?

I've just moved back to Ireland with my Korean gf, and will be moving to Dublin shortly. Currently in Donegal and herself is going mental with the lack of Korean food, people so want to make sure that we are aware of everywhere we can go for korean food, cultural nights, etc. What I have/know of so far is...

Dublin
    Restaurants:

Arisu - Small little restaurant on Capel st. Korean-run, been in a few times and has samgyeopsal & Korean BBQ.
    Hillan (sp?) - across the road from Arisu, chinese-korean restaurant. There are korean chefs in there for the korean dishes, so i've been told
    The Hop House/Kimchi - restaurant on Parnell St, near O'Connell st, not been there yet but heard good things
    Hanyang supermarket - small restaurant/takeaway down the back of this asian/korean supermarket on Great strand st near Jervis st luas stop. cheap and decent

Shops/supermarkets:
    Hanyang - as above, small enough and seems decent for cuts of meat, ramen, korean sweets and ice cream and basic ingredients
    Asia Market - Drury st near georges st arcade, mainly Chinese but apparently they have plenty of Korean stuff. Also have a cash and carry in Ballymount.

I also found a Chinese restaurant in Derry that serves Kimchi chicken or beef, whatever the hell that is??
    And you can get nongshim ramen in Asda in the North!

Anything more?

Coreana is a better Korean shop (more variety) run by Koreans. It's off Capel street, little Britain street I think. They also deliver to Cork and places (check website), not sure about Donegal. Also join the korean society as they have events now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coderMofo

Can anyone help me find yellow picked radish - it's called danmuji i think. I need it for kimbaps, but can't find it anywhere. I'm in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

coderMofo wrote: »
    Can anyone help me find yellow picked radish - it's called danmuji i think. I need it for kimbaps, but can't find it anywhere. I'm in Galway.

You can get it in either if tge Korean stores here in Dublin, and I think possibly some of the general Asian supermarkets too. No idea about Galway, but might be worthwhile checking any out if there are any Asian stores in Galway.

Other than that, I think coreana and hansung in dublin deliver, may want to contact them to see if they go to Galway. In fact, coreana has free delivery over 100€...

http://hansungfoods.com

http://www.coreana-online.com

Advertisement