Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday Business Post - Political Quiz

• 31-12-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just starting this one now

Question 1. Who was the ghostwriter on Bertie Ahern's autobiography ?
    Answer: b) Richard Aldous

Question 2. Which Fianna Fáil TD thinks some people can drive better after a few pints?
    a) Jim McDaid
    b) Michael McGrath
    c) Mattie McGrath -- could it be this lad ?
    d) Michael Moynihan

Anyone got a few more answers to give me a bit of a jumpstart ?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gixerboy

Okay,.. answer for question 2 is c) Mattie McGrath
    ref: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/one-drink-helps-some-drivers-td-1924931.html

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

One of the questions in that quiz asked Who led the libertas campaign against Lisbon 2? Declan Ganly, Caroline Simons or Raymond O'Malley.

I thought Ganly did not become involved until the end of the campaign. Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gixerboy

I didn't think there was any interest in this thread,. so didn't keep it up,.. I got it finished and for that question went with Ganley,.. he did say he wouldn't get involved,.. but later did,.. and I think his was the only name connected with Libertas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does anyone know the answer to Q 5. What % did the Labour Party get ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnjgd

ANYONW KNOW THE ANSWER TO Q 5
    THKS
    JOHN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

johnjgd wrote: »
    ANYONW KNOW THE ANSWER TO Q 5
    THKS
    JOHN
    I don't have the paper, what's the question for 5?

Q5
    which cabinet minister announced that he would sell some of his Depts fine wines and keep the cheaper ones
    a-Ruari Quinn
    b-Brendan Howlin
    c-Pat Rabbitte
    d-Leo Varadkar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I thought it was Eamonn Gilmore but it's not in the options.

http://www.herald.ie/news/fine-wine-to-be-sold-off-to-raise-40k-for-state-29319863.html

So did I, maybe its a mistake.
    However I thought I saw some thing the press that said that the money obtained was less than anticipated from some other Dept.
    Tourism might be an obvious location for wines for buttering up travel agents etc
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

johnjgd wrote: »
    So did I, maybe its a mistake.
    However I thought I saw some thing the press that said that the money obtained was less than anticipated from some other Dept.
    Tourism might be an obvious location for wines for buttering up travel agents etc
    J
    Have all done except for Q 5. I agree it could be a mistake as Gilmore did say he was going to get rid of the vino.
    Would welcome any evidence on Varadkar, who looks the best bet of the choices!!!!

• Advertisement

Still no definite answer on Q5
    Rabitt /Howlin now looks more likely.
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Beaufort

I emailed Business post about Q5 and got reply "it would appear there was an error. If you would like to enter the competition, please do so. The error will be taken into account."

Advertisement