Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

losing my spirituality... not sure why

• 23-12-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I found this thread today, and would like a little advice please. I lost Religion many years ago - it didn't make sense to me anymore, the church is so corrupt etc etc. I don't really want to go down that road with any of the advice.

I kept on Spirituality in my own way, prayed to loved one's and believed strongly in what I called destiny, karma, yinyang etc, but never knew much about any of it. I managed my thoughts well through positive thinking & understanding what I believed to be the important aspects of psychology, again without being a master of anything.

But recently I've become a parent, the world seems more scary, the risk greater & the spirituality has faded away. Physics makes sense when it's explained to me.. we are starts... we die & fade to nothing etc. So that's put a fear in me that my spirit will die with my body. Suddenly time is more precious (a healthy though in a way of course). This was also sparked by my recent decision to take out Life Assurance & a Will for the benefit of my family, it's like suddenly I have to accept Death is not as far as I used to think it was!

However I'm not happy in this mindset, my thoughts are racing. It's causing me to be a less positive & jolly person. I want someone to offer me the alternatives without preaching religion. it may only add to the confusion but that's ok for now.

Some might say 'just accept it, the truth is scary'.. fair enough. But I want to hear alternatives.

For Example, an important Question I have is can people (mediums?) really communicate with spirits? If so should I go see one?

I could go on... but any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Having a child and suddenly being totally responsible for another life is scary. It takes a while for feelings of fear and insecurity to go away, but things do settle down and get more easy. I'm an atheist myself, so I try to accept that neither me or some superior being is in control of my destiny. None of us knows what is waiting for us round the corner, and that is in our daily life, let alone knowing what's coming once we die.
    Relax and enjoy, I doubt tealeaves or crystal balls have the answer. A nice walk might offer more spiritual comfort . I like to stand outside at night and try to identify the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

Hi Steroo

I can offer you an alternative take on spiritual matters, visit my profile page and follow link to my website, I can't post link here as it would be deemed as self-promotion, even though its in response to a question asked !.

On the subject of communicating with spirits, yes people can, and anybody can learn how to do this, but it takes trust and confidence in yourself and this is where a lot of people fall off, personally I don't entertain peoples loved ones too much, I encourage them to go into light and stay there, I allow their presence to be felt for the purpose of healing and letting go, but for the most part I don't do the whole 'message' thing, I leave that to guides and angels.

Happy Every Day
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Having a child and suddenly being totally responsible for another life is scary. It takes a while for feelings of fear and insecurity to go away, but things do settle down and get more easy. I'm an atheist myself, so I try to accept that neither me or some superior being is in control of my destiny. None of us knows what is waiting for us round the corner, and that is in our daily life, let alone knowing what's coming once we die.
    Relax and enjoy, I doubt tealeaves or crystal balls have the answer. A nice walk might offer more spiritual comfort . I like to stand outside at night and try to identify the stars.

Thanks for this, makes sense to me. I think I'm an atheist at this point too. Just had to accept it. I like the 'relax and enjoy' bit the best. Im working on being 'present' as best I can now

Advertisement