Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Private banter, a banter for money, any old music will do

• 15-11-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

General chat thread hoooo!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Assuming this is a sort of off topic thing I'm going to kick things off here are the teams for the match on Sunday
    Ireland: 15-Rob Kearney, 14-Tommy Bowe, 13-Brian O'Driscoll, 12-Luke Marshall, 11-Fergus McFadden, 10-Johnny Sexton, 9-Eoin Reddan; 1-Cian Healy, 2-Rory Best, 3-Mike Ross, 4-Devin Toner, 5-Paul O'Connell, 6-Peter O'Mahony, 7-Sean O'Brien, 8-Jamie Heaslip
    Replacements: 16-Sean Cronin, 17-Jack McGrath, 18-Stephen Archer, 19-Mike McCarthy, 20-Kevin McLaughlin, 21-Conor Murray, 22-Ian Madigan, 23-Robbie Henshaw
    Australia: 15-Israel Folau, 14-Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13-Tevita Kuridrani, 12-Matt Toomua, 11-Nick Cummins, 10-Quade Cooper, 9-Will Genia, 8-Ben Mowen (captain), 7-Michael Hooper, 6-Scott Fardy, 5-James Horwill, 4-Rob Simmons, 3-Sekope Kepu, 2-Stephen Moore, 1-James Slipper.
    Replacements: 16-Tatafu Polota Nau, 17-Benn Robinson, 18-Paddy Ryan, 19-Sitaleki Timani, 20-Liam Gill, 21-Nic White, 22-Christian Leali'lifano, 23-Joe Tomane

Interesting to see marshal at 12. Hopefully his head manages to get through this game. Surely he must be coming close to the limit of concussions a player can have before needing to retire?
    If the aussies are ever going to be ready for a beating it will be in this game. Their form is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yeah, tis general banter ahoy here, but there's no one really in the forum yet.

Disappointed with the result I must say. Was kinda hoping we'd get a good head of steam built up for NZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

was gutted by the performance to be honest. at times looked quite directionless/uncertain. though I am hopeful for improvements as i remember similar displays with leinster at first.

the problem with that is that he doesn't have them week in week out to get the plans in shape. so the scale it took at club over international are we looking at nearly a season of disjointness before it clicks? or will the leinster familiarity have a good impact and aid the other provinces get used to the systems quicker?

FewFew wrote: »
    Yeah, tis general banter ahoy here, but there's no one really in the forum yet.

Disappointed with the result I must say. Was kinda hoping we'd get a good head of steam built up for NZ

Thought no one was bothered replying to me!

NZ is going to be all about damage control imo. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled out a good performance. Ireland always seem to pull something out of the bag when the chips are down. It's only when we start to back ourselves that things start to go wrong.

Gelio wrote: »
    Thought no one was bothered replying to me!

NZ is going to be all about damage control imo. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled out a good performance. Ireland always seem to pull something out of the bag when the chips are down. It's only when we start to back ourselves that things start to go wrong.

I take it you weren't surprised.

• Advertisement

I take it you weren't surprised.

To be honest when I said good performance I still expected us to be beaten by 15 - 20 points. What happened there was amazing. Absolutely gutted. That is a tough defeat to take.

To be honest when I said good performance I still expected us to be beaten by 15 - 20 points. What happened there was amazing. Absolutely gutted. That is a tough defeat to take.

I agree, and what's worse is we fell on our own sword so to speak. I felt there was a bit of naivety in the team in the last 5 minutes.

We had the ball and were playing up the jumper rugby, and then we started kicking away the ball... to NZ of all people.

People saying we would have won if sexton kicked his goal, this is technically true, but what that papers over is the fact the we should have won REGARDLESS as we had a 5 point lead and 5 minutes to go. We just needed to retain possession and wind down the clock, playing low percentage rugby.

It's absolutely horrible. We had the ball 30 seconds from the end. THIRTY SECONDS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I can't believe we lost that game, why can't we close out games?? we need to be more cynical and are way too nice.

a few errors in the last few minutes combined to give NZ the opportunity. hats off to NZ as I don't think any other team would have scored like that.

sickened though by it. but hoping this is a line in the sand and we go onwards from here. look at what we did right and keep doing it, look at errors and work on reducing them.

the sick part is that McGraths penalty was only irelands 5th in 80minutes. that is massive self control and discipline and that is impressive in off itself.

• Advertisement

It's absolutely horrible. We had the ball 30 seconds from the end. THIRTY SECONDS!!!

Ugh, that makes me feel sick just reading it.

The minute they got the ball I knew they'd break us down. When it's do or die you can't bet on anybody but the All Blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

well done to all four this weekend thought that leinster were the bomb on saturday but connaught gutsey win really left me with a big grin off to the game next weekend with two young sons and brother in laws

Didn't get a chance to see the Munster match, but heard it on the radio. Sounds more like Perpignan were muck rather than Munster just killing them. Listening to it on Newstalk and gas to hear some of the banter coming from Keith Woods. The amount of times various pundits called it a sevens pick-up game was gas. Sounds like a nice scrappy one that would have been good viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ya i saw the highlights of the munster game it wasnt great a good lot of mistakes were made. leinster looked unstoppable

Between us all, the new feature is timed subs, you can check my friendly game against my affiliate Toronto Dutch to see it in action....

now it's getting fairly strategic!

can i ask does this mean you can play now a player who is a bit tired for say 30 mins and then haul him off once you expect there to be a lead built up and rest him then?

what impact would this have on energy?

wow wex i didnt think it be something that big. whats the story with injuries?

Ok, you have a number of options.

1st is select player and replacement player then the time and finally an event that may need to happen in order for sub to occur. the event is winning by a more than a certain amount, losing by more than a certain amount or sub regardless. Yes energy is saved by using subs

seanand wrote: »
    wow wex i didnt think it be something that big. whats the story with injuries?

Well injuries usually occur to low energy players (but not guaranteed) so esentially yes you can now manage injuries better

sounds excellent thanks wex

• Advertisement

Phonehead wrote: »
    Well injuries usually occur to low energy players (but not guaranteed) so esentially yes you can now manage injuries better

didnt see this i meant what i mean is what happens if you use 3 subs then get injuries?

Not sure but I think if say player A gets injured and he was menat to be subbed then the event is skipped.

It's an excellent feature! Really like this!

Has this been widely announced or is it a secret to find?

One thing I would have liked introduced is the ability to swap positions at certain points, but I guess this can be added in.

For instance, I have a backrow I like to throw in as a centre, so sometimes I'd like to throw on a different forward and move him out to the centre. Another layer of complexity I guess.

This feature is definitely great though.

It's an excellent feature! Really like this!

Has this been widely announced or is it a secret to find?

One thing I would have liked introduced is the ability to swap positions at certain points, but I guess this can be added in.

For instance, I have a backrow I like to throw in as a centre, so sometimes I'd like to throw on a different forward and move him out to the centre. Another layer of complexity I guess.

This feature is definitely great though.

Great new feature. So surprised!

I now will spend so long on line ups with all these new features

Great new feature. So surprised!

I now will spend so long on line ups with all these new features

It's suddenly swung the advantage back to teams with a lot of depth on the bench. Like mine. Can I split the TNT work load between 20 instead of 15, without really damaging my skill on the pitch: yeah I can ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

seasons greetings to all for a present you could loose to my team for the next two sesons

westman1 wrote: »
    seasons greetings to all for a present you could loose to my team for the next two sesons

could is the main work i see there

westman1 wrote: »

Sounds a fair deal. If ever we meet I'll do my best. :)

Anyone understand what is happening with the stadiums? How are the finances changing? I'm quite lost

• Advertisement

i didnt quite understand it either but what i see is that we should all come out the same? im not sure

Advertisement