Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best site to go for a solo noobie?

• 23-12-2013 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thinking of getting into Airsoft.
    Just took the plunge and bought myself a GJ AUG A1 military, 4mags and enough BB's to keep me entertained over Christmas.

I don't have any TAC loadout at the moment and was wondering if somewhere like the Hive would be a good place to go?

I have never had my AUG chrono'd (although it is bog standard so I'm pretty sure it isn't hot. Would I be best to go and pay as if I was going to rent their stuff and just use my AUG as I am waiting on Glasses, mask etc to arrive?

Any tips or heads up also appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Redhills in kildare is a good site to play but any site is good to start out on as u will be explained everything from site rules and game rules.You probably won't be the only one new to the sport and the regulars on sites are always frendly and helpfull so don't be afraid to ask question.My first game i went to the site alone and met a great bunch of lads and a great days gaming.U could just bring your gun and rent goggles/mask till u get yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Might do. As its outdoor any suggestions of what I should bring other than boots? (looking 2nd hand kit to pick up in the meantime.

Also should 4x 330 BB mags be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

4 mags should be loads - just make sure to have them loaded and wound (there is a little wheel on the bottom, wind until you hear a change in tone)

Last thing you want is to have to change mags and realise that the new mag isn't wound and you are taking fire. You can look at a mid-cap or two in the future - hold less bb's but don't need to be wound so great for when you high cap is out and are under fire. Just throw in the mid cap and you're quickly ready to go without and messing with the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Not really the lads there have camo/vests/goggles/mask for rent.On the bbs once your not to trigger happy u'll be fine again the lads sell bbs on site. there .20g and .25g and are 14 euro for 5000.The site is outside mainly but theres a bit of cqb as well so its good that way.Any other question on anything just ask

Thanks guys. The girlfriends parents live less than 10 minutes away so will be some great chances to get to hit two birds with one stone.

Going to somewhere like the hive is a torch a given that you will need it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

mooneyd wrote: »
    Going to somewhere like the hive is a torch a given that you will need it?

No, during the normal day games at The Hive there is plenty of natural light getting into the play area.
    You will rarely need to use a torch unless you are playing a game during the night.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Airsoft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

mooneyd I co run an airsoft team we go out once a month more likely the 26th of jan we will be going to Hive if you need a mask or a lend of a uniform let me know we will be happy to provide

ps to all that read this.....
    happy holidays

K.Flyer wrote: »
    No, during the normal day games at The Hive there is plenty of natural light getting into the play area.
    You will rarely need to use a torch unless you are playing a game during the night.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Airsoft :D

Thanks man.
    Wolfruin wrote: »
    mooneyd I co run an airsoft team we go out once a month more likely the 26th of jan we will be going to Hive if you need a mask or a lend of a uniform let me know we will be happy to provide

ps to all that read this.....
    happy holidays

Sounds good. I might hold you to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

seems we are going to the hive around the 26th half day afternoon more likely are ye interested?

if ye are what exactly do ye need gear wise?

Advertisement