Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films will you watch over Christmas?

• 17-12-2013 3:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

The ones I have left to watch on TV are Disney's Christmas Carol, The Grinch, White Christmas, Christmas with the Kranks, Home Alone 2, Willy Wonka, Die Hard, Die Hard 2 and The Santa Clause.

Dvd's left to watch are Elf, Bad Santa, Miracle on 34th Street (all only available on Sky tv so dvd only option), Fred Claus, Nativity and The Christmas Star (one of my favourites but very few people seem to know about it).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Some like it hot. Not a christmas movie in itself but it gets an airing every Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Die Hard, Elf, Bad Santa, The Santa Clause, Santa Claus the Movie, A Muppets Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1\2

And this year my mission is to make all the way through Its a Wonderful Life...I've tried the past few years but it is just so damn long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

I know my wife loves playing 'the Polar Express', and to be honest I find it a very nice film to watch.

Also for the adults 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

national lampoons Christmas Vacation :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭jersman

Good film, watched that in early November.
    national lampoons Christmas Vacation :D

• Advertisement

Muppets Christmas Carol is a cracker.

Hopefully you get to the end of It's a Wonderful Life, brilliant film.
    Die Hard, Elf, Bad Santa, The Santa Clause, Santa Claus the Movie, A Muppets Christmas Carol, Home Alone 1\2

And this year my mission is to make all the way through Its a Wonderful Life...I've tried the past few years but it is just so damn long!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We have Love Actually, Elf, Home Alone 2 and Gremlins 2 lined up for this week. I really didn't like Gremlins but I said I'd give the second one a go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

I always watch Hook with Robin Williams on christmas eve, have no idea where that tradition came out of but its class!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I have a few that I have to watch or it doesn't feel like Christmas. It's a wonderful life one of my favourite movies I cry every single time. I love watching Elf with the kids it cracks me up. Miracle on 34th Street the modern version I just love the little girl. Love Actually - love all the different stories except the one one with the lad who goes to America it annoys me every time

I would also watch all the Indiana Jones and Die Hard that aren't necessarily Christmas movies but I still associate them with this time of year !!!!

( I watch too much TV I need to get out more !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Emcm wrote: »

I would also watch all the Indiana Jones and Die Hard that aren't necessarily Christmas movies but I still associate them with this time of year !!!!

( I watch too much TV I need to get out more !!!)

Whatever about Indiana Jones, Die Hard 1 and 2 are major Christmas movies! I saw 1 at the weekend and am looking to watching 2 on Chistmas Eve :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, every year for the last what 10 or 15 in our house. It is rigid tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭mojesius

National Lampoons House here too. Sometimes Groundhog Day, Home Alone,

I'll be watching Die Hard on Christmas Day night and Die Hard 2 either Christmas Eve night or Stephen's night.
    deccurley wrote: »
    Whatever about Indiana Jones, Die Hard 1 and 2 are major Christmas movies! I saw 1 at the weekend and am looking to watching 2 on Chistmas Eve :D

Yea I have to watch National Lampoons every year or it's not Christmas
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, every year for the last what 10 or 15 in our house. It is rigid tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I don't see the wizard of oz on this year!
    It's normally on every year on tcm but can't find it :( it's the traditional Xmas movie for me every year.
    Anyone know if it's on an other day?
    It might be on TNT but we don't have that channel on sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Pacific Rim & Scrooge
    Have Pacific Rim ordered today with a delivery date of the 24th, added danger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

So far I've watched
    • Eight Crazy Nights
    • Elf
    • Love, Actually
    • Jingle All the Way
    • The Santa Clause
    • Christmas With The Kranks.

Left to watch are:
    • Die Hard 1 (I don't bother with 2)
    • Home Alone 1 & 2
    • Olive The Other Reindeer
    • The Snowman and Father Christmas
    • The Christmas episodes of Eureka and Warehouse 13
    • Prep and Landing
    • Robbie The Reindeer

I think that's it, but maybe not!

Good list of films there
    Vojera wrote: »
    So far I've watched
    • Eight Crazy Nights
    • Elf
    • Love, Actually
    • Jingle All the Way
    • The Santa Clause
    • Christmas With The Kranks.

Left to watch are:
    • Die Hard 1 (I don't bother with 2)
    • Home Alone 1 & 2
    • Olive The Other Reindeer
    • The Snowman and Father Christmas
    • The Christmas episodes of Eureka and Warehouse 13
    • Prep and Landing
    • Robbie The Reindeer

I think that's it, but maybe not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I've already watched Home Alone (saw it on the big screen last week), Elf, Fred Clause and The Santa Clause.

I will definitely watch Home Alone 2, Love Actually, Nativity, Scrooge, Scrooged, Disney's A Christmas Carol and the first Narnia film. And I'm seeing Die Hard and It's a Wonderful Life in the cinema at the weekend.

Not really feeling the Christmas spirit yet this year - very little festive TV so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Lord of the Rings extended edition, probably spread over 5 or 6 nights over Christmas.

• Advertisement

Yea there hasn't been much on so far but this weekend it slips in to overdrive as there are a lot of Christmas films and TV shows on.
    I've already watched Home Alone (saw it on the big screen last week), Elf, Fred Clause and The Santa Clause.

I will definitely watch Home Alone 2, Love Actually, Nativity, Scrooge, Scrooged, Disney's A Christmas Carol and the first Narnia film. And I'm seeing Die Hard and It's a Wonderful Life in the cinema at the weekend.

Not really feeling the Christmas spirit yet this year - very little festive TV so far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll have to check the TV guide so I don't miss anything festive. :D

Advertisement