Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you track your TV shows?

• 17-12-2013 11:39am

For a while I've been using Sidereel.com to keep track of the TV shows that I like to watch - their 3-day calendar on their homepage is excellent for this. However I've noticed that they only track the popular shows and often don't have other ones that I quite enjoy.

Does anyone else know of any good sites to keep track?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pogdesign.co.uk/cat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

www.myepisodes.com

For any shows that it doesn't have, it hooks into TV Rage to get the details, and will add that show to it's own show list.

I've been using this site for 5+ years and I've never had a reason to move.

• Is there any TV tracking thing that would have an Android app? That would be cool. That pogdesign thing is absolutely mind blowing.

I use SeriesGuide on Android. The interface is a bit clunky, but it has great detail (nice to look ahead to see synopses for future episodes).

It does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Episodecalendar.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Series link?

• Mr E wrote: »
    I use SeriesGuide on Android. The interface is a bit clunky, but it has great detail (nice to look ahead to see synopses for future episodes).

It does the job.

Downloaded that one. Found it pretty OK for what I wanted - though would be excellent if there was an added widget with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I use TVShowFavs for android, great app and is free (there is a paid version but I don't know what the difference tbh) lets you tick episodes to say if you've watched them etc and tracks your shows under upcoming, recent and to do. Nice widget (and a lock screen widget too) which is very handy for having a glance at your shows (I never open the actual app!).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

notepad + Wiki. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

My head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

<SNIP> and <SNIP> although the latter has gone pear shaped regarding TV lately.

Both of those links have TV downloads (and much more than just TV). Not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mr E wrote: »
    Both of those links have TV downloads (and much more than just TV). Not allowed.

Sorry about that, boss. I was just being honest in the answer. Won't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I use a certain site that I cant mention which I check everyday in combination with an android app which I wrote myself (didnt bother putting it on Google Play ) to keep track of where I am in each series I watch.
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    I use TVShowFavs for android, great app and is free (there is a paid version but I don't know what the difference tbh) lets you tick episodes to say if you've watched them etc and tracks your shows under upcoming, recent and to do. Nice widget (and a lock screen widget too) which is very handy for having a glance at your shows (I never open the actual app!).

Just installed that one there. Now that is very good. Will probably use that rather than my own app from now on :-)
    thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Does anyone know of a program that will check my "recordings" and see if I'm missing any episodes? I'll go ahead and check the guides and stuff then for the 1s I'm missing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

www.myepisodes.com

For any shows that it doesn't have, it hooks into TV Rage to get the details, and will add that show to it's own show list.

I've been using this site for 5+ years and I've never had a reason to move.

epguides.com also leads into tvrage.com & i use this site pogdesign.co.uk
    gets its info from epguides.com, but set your time to EST time to not miss the shows on the wrong day as its 5hr behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Goldstein wrote: »

That's the site i used beforehand, some shows were missing & certain shows were getting mixed up with on other channels for a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

For those who've used both, what does TVShowFavs have over SeriesGuide?

• Advertisement

• Something I've found about SeriesGuide x is that if you update the TV shows on the app, it doesn't update on the widget, so I have to remove it and replace it on the screen. It's not difficult, just annoying. Is TVShowFavs different?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Sidereel is perfect for my uses, never come across a show I couldn't find, although I imagine if I did it would be very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of tv tracking, have the midseason schedules been released yet with return dates and start dates for shows like Intelligence, The 100 and the cable series?

Intelligence - 7th Jan
    The 100 - 19th March

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Something I've found about SeriesGuide x is that if you update the TV shows on the app, it doesn't update on the widget, so I have to remove it and replace it on the screen. It's not difficult, just annoying. Is TVShowFavs different?

Never used SeriesGuide but this isn't an issue on TVShowFavs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I've started using Televised app on iOS & episodecalendar.com for a general calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭corkie

Just bumping this thread, with some cross-post quotes from another thread.
    Ludo wrote: »
    I use this (decent app also):

https://www.tvtime.com/

Anything that looks interesting I add there and it tells me when it is on.
    http://www.myepisodes.com for me. I've been using it for over 10 years now I'd say.
    corkie wrote: »
    https://seriesgui.de/ with Android App.

It is a pity that these apps/websites are going to get 'lost' in the thread.

Advertisement