Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft sound simulator

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

While I too would like this item, there is a clear safety issue with members of the law and public mistaking our RIF's for Firearms, which could lead to major changes in Airsoft

Still want one of these regardless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

its cool sounding and all but there's such thing as making aeg's sounding too real.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    While I too would like this item, there is a clear safety issue with member of the law and public mistaking our RIF's for Firearms, which could lead to major changes in Airsoft

Still want one of these regardless :)

Cant see the need make any changes in the law ,
    There just sound amplifier's

In saying that I half expect some random airsofter firing off emails to a certain government office demanding a law change ,

First piece of airsoft kit that's genuinely got me excited for a good while add this kit to a recoil engine and you have the major grin factor missing from airsoft

Gatling wrote: »
    Cant see the need make any changes in the law ,
    There just sound amplifier's

Didn't say a change in law would be required, was simply highlighting that this item could cause Airsoft some issues

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Didn't say a change in law would be required, was simply highlighting that this item could cause Airsoft some issues

Trust me you can bet people are already asking to change in the law so we can actually use these ,
    Despite Rif laws already in place bar some people complaining about noise pollution and health and safety fears over hearing ,
    A few hours and some people on Facebook are in full panic mode ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Meh, just another gimmick if ya ask me. Better than marui's woefull attempt though.

That will be ridiculously annoying after a few hours of play, whether you have it, a team mate has it or a member of the opposing team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

This would get very annoying.
    I was abroad for new years last year and fireworks were legal for the days leading upto it.
    For 5-6 hours stints I was constantly hearing fireworks go off in the town I was in for days.
    I was sick with the flu at the time so it was hard to get some sleep.
    The noise just was pissing me off. And that device sounds the same.
    Maybe for some special milsims, like I saw footage from an event in the US that had blank rounds allowed alongside AEGs for atmosphere. But only in an organised milsim where someone won't be spamming this every second.

I would not like it at a skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

I'm all for realism in the sport and I have to say I'm very excited about this.
    I would be interested in the peq box version of this that they say they have as a prototype and As for the law I don't think any changes would be needed as the legislation classes them as RIFs ( realistic imitation firearms) so looking and sounding the part would be one and the same.
    The only real concern is just how loud are they ? There are laws in place the protect employees ( the marshals& staff) from dangerous noise exposure but I can't remember the limit. Of course this applies to the boots on the ground airsofter too so once it's under the recomended noise limit again,I can't see a problem.

As for gunfire ringing out around the countryside every Saturday and Sunday and being called in to the Garda is something that may stop it in its tracks but this will depend on the sites location to the general public , the awareness of the general public and wheather the site is indoor ( which would probably prohibit them anyway) or outdoor.
    And yes , of course It will be annoying when everyone goes full auto at the same time before game starts to show off.

I'm on a mobile device so I can't link but the company released a second video recently of them using the device indoors in a cqb site.

CpcRc wrote: »
    I'm on a mobile device so I can't link but the company released a second video recently of them using the device indoors in a cqb site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I don't know...noise without the umph...it's just sort of empty.

Part of the fun of noise is that it's usually accompanied by a bit of a kick. Sure you could pair it with a tremors kit, or something like a Marui recoil shock, but even so, it's just a tiny bit lacking.

Nice to see a bit of innovation :)

Kwa erg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Sure why not go the whole hog and throw it into a TopTech shell ejection.....Throw a blinking LED on the break for muzzle flash!!!!.

It does sound realistic but it would be like me sitting in my car and whacking a ferrari sound simulator into it. Albeit my car does not look like a ferrari but like Inari said all that sound and no umph.

Sure why not go the whole hog and through it into a TopTech shell ejection.....

Dear Santa I've been a very good boy ,

Please can I have the posted above AEG with sound simulator

Well, what if there was a version that would work with a gbbr?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DeFinch89

CpcRc wrote: »
    Well, what if there was a version that would work with a gbbr?

my exact thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

Admirable tech and a fantasic addition to those who want to add realism to the sport. Some issues with it though. I am brand new to airsoft and massively impressed by the community and the tech. I have however been involved in other sports where noise issues have created an impossible situation for the organisers and the community involved. Motorcycle racing is one. Microlighting and aviation in general is another. Your average Irish householder does not want to hear full-blown gunfire from 50 plus individuals at the weekend in the field or compound next to them. They will complain and it will cause problems. The second is about the realism of the guns to the average observer. I know the community is generally responsible, but with the additional noise, you are inevitibly going to draw additional attention to yourself. Coupled with the gear and the gun, the chances of a huge over reaction from the authorities is enhanced. It has been hard enough to keep airsoft as a sport that is relatively unregulated. Making 'weapons' more realistic will only result in more attention from the DoJ and the gardai, making it potentially inaccessable to many participants. The third point as already made is a (dreaded) health and safety issue. The army had a 1Bn lawsuit over noise induced hearing loss. No insurance company in their right mind will allow these in an organised site when they hear about them. Mandatory ear plugs for all users would kill the fun aspect of the sport as you cannot hear your mates well. I know. I have been on a real steel range with orders shouted that you cannot hear properly. What you do in your own skirmishes should be up to you, but these have the potential to damage a lively and developing community. Treat with extreme caution! Sorry for being a killjoy, but I want to enjoy the sport for as long as I can before some overbearing politician sees it as a vote winning platform to regulate.

Very good point lilian I wouldnt want this to ruin airsoft, bad enough single shot sniper rifles kept at a distance are restricted to the same 1 joule limit as CQB rifles.

DeFinch89 wrote: »
    Very good point lilian I wouldnt want this to ruin airsoft, bad enough single shot sniper rifles kept at a distance are restricted to the same 1 joule limit as CQB rifles.

The law states 1 j for all airsoft devices

Can't see these been any issues on sites thunder B grenades are around 100db bangs give or take don't hear calls for ear protection ,

Come on a bit of grown up maturity and common sense leave the amateur dramatic's else where ,

We certainly not on the the same level of 2 / 4 storkes motor bike's screaming around that can be heard for miles around

The law states 1 j for all airsoft devices

Yes I certainly know what the law states corcerning airsoft that all guns must be of 1 joule or under, I didnt say any different?
    Can't see these been any issues on sites thunder B grenades are around 100db bangs give or take don't hear calls for ear protection ,

If i had to wear ear protection purely because someone wanted to have a loud gun it would put me off playing with them, however if it was realistic sounding but without the noise levels required to wear ear protection then sound enough id have no problem with whoever wants to use these realism enhancers.

Also; there is a distinct difference in safety to your chances of hearing loss in a grenade (1 quick loud bang) going off every now and then compared to a loud aeg firing off on full chat (repeatedly loud bangs) right beside you.
    Come on a bit of grown up and common sense leave the amateur dramatic's else where

ehmm... who's being immature?
    We certainly not on the the same level of 2 / 4 storkes motor bike's screaming around that can be heard for miles around

what in the love of god has bikes got to do with having a realistic sounding airsoft gun lol

• Advertisement

I believe the last parts of Gatling's post were directed at lillian's post not at you, that was the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone know how loud these are?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lillian2608

Blay wrote: »
    Anyone know how loud these are?

Have a look at the video. He fires a .22 to compare. Not as loud as the high velocity ammo he uses. About the same as the .22 short as far as I can hear.

DeFinch89 wrote: »
    Yes I certainly know what the law states corcerning airsoft that all guns must be of 1 joule or under, I didnt say any different?

Then why whinge about it , bad enough snipers are restricted to the same as cqb sound familiar

Airsoft sound simulations is the title of this thread if I remember it correctly

If i had to wear ear protection purely because someone wanted to have a loud gun it would put me off playing with them, however if it was realistic sounding but without the noise levels required to wear ear protection then sound enough id have no problem with whoever wants to use these realism enhancers.

Also; there is a distinct difference in safety to your chances of hearing loss in a grenade (1 quick loud bang) going off every now and then compared to a loud aeg firing off on full chat (repeatedly loud bangs) right beside you.

I'll wait to see real medical evidence

ehmm... who's being immature?

Did you read the actual post

what in the love of god has bikes got to do with having a realistic sounding airsoft gun lol

I hate repeating myself so in this case read above

Look it if its not loud, theres no problem.

I personally dont mind what fancy gear lads have on site as long as they keep safety in top priority.

Advertisement