Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reputable supplier that has Coolrunner Rev C 3 AND DemoN in stock?

• 10-12-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had intended to order from CK3.co.uk but they are out of stock of the DemoN.

What I am after:

1 x Team Xecuter Demon
    1 x TX CoolRunner II Rev C Development Board
    1 x Xecuter CoolRunner Multi-Cap Addon
    1 x Xecuter CPU Reset Cleaner Addon
    1 x Xecuter Case Opening Kit V3

mrconsoles.co.uk mrmodchips.co.uk has them all but there is only an option to express 'American Express ONLY' initially in payments, and only later an option to pay by Visa. This does not inspire much confidence, I worry the Visa payment will not be honoured - I am also aware there was a post here before 'beaware Mr Modchips' although it seems to have been removed, and I never got to read it.

Is Mr Modchips somewhere you would recommend, or can you recommend somewhere else that has the Coolrunner Rev 3 and DemoN in stock? I know it is a bit late but I was hoping to order over the Christmas Holidays!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The MrModchips thread was removed following a complaint by the company. As such we won't allow anybody to recommend/not recommend them. That's the fairest solution for the company and the modders.

You could try Xconsoles - they are US based but they offer international shipping. You could be lucky and escape the wrath of customs too.

Some other points:

You need to research more - you do not need both a CPU Reset Cleaner and the Multi-Cap addon. The CPU Reset Cleaner is for RGH2 glitches and the multi-cap addon is for RGH1 glitches. Your console will be glitched using one method only, find out which one it needs and then get the right addon for that method.

Have you looked into the RJTAG? I'm assuming this is a big-block Jasper Phat console but I could be wrong.

You don't need a case opening Kit to open any console, all you need are some torx screwdrivers (T8 and T10 IIRC), a small flathead screwdriver and a paperclip. Youtube it and save yourself some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

The MrModchips thread was removed following a complaint by the company. As such we won't allow anybody to recommend/not recommend them. That's the fairest solution for the company and the modders.

You could try Xconsoles - they are US based but they offer international shipping. You could be lucky and escape the wrath of customs too.

Some other points:

You need to research more - you do not need both a CPU Reset Cleaner and the Multi-Cap addon. The CPU Reset Cleaner is for RGH2 glitches and the multi-cap addon is for RGH1 glitches. Your console will be glitched using one method only, find out which one it needs and then get the right addon for that method.

Have you looked into the RJTAG? I'm assuming this is a big-block Jasper Phat console but I could be wrong.

You don't need a case opening Kit to open any console, all you need are some torx screwdrivers (T8 and T10 IIRC), a small flathead screwdriver and a paperclip. Youtube it and save yourself some money.

Thanks for the reply.

I actually emailed CK3 this morning telling them I wanted to order everything together from one supplier but they were out of the DemoN - they then said there were three left and updated out of stock to reflect that and as I was putting my order together it was removed from my check out because they must have been bought by someone else :(

I have researched, following this guide:

[JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG] Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide

I definitely have a Trinity, checked dates and wattage etc, and following that guide I am going to install a Coolrunner Rev C 3 and DemoN so I can dual NAND. I think I am also then going for RGH2?

I think the reason for the confusion is that the author linked to the following for the Coolrunner Rev C 3:

CR Rev C Mega Bundle #1

They are out of stock and also I thought I would try order from the UK if possible. The bundle includes the reset cleaner and multicap so I thought I needed both. I think I will order the case opening tools just in case, I do not mind spending €5 for some extra peace of mind.

To dual-nand you'll need a DemoN Slim, so that's grand you've got that.

Since you've a Trinity you'll be using RGH2, no matter what dashboard you have. You can use the Coolrunner 3 for this, it does not have to be a Coolrunner Rev C. I picked up a CR3 Ultimate for my attempt since I wanted to use the J-R programmer/RATER features. I'm going to assume you have a way to read/write the nand without the J-R programmer - something like a Nand-X perhaps?

I wouldn't bother with the CPU_RST cleaner if you go with a Coolrunner 3 since they have the CPU_RST cleaner built in. It's only the old models that don't - you can see the DIP switches on the newer boards with numbers from 1-7. The Mega Bundle only includes both cleaners since it's an old board bundle and doesn't know whether you'll be using it for RGH1 or RGH2 so it gives you both.

Trust me, the slim doesn't need any weird tools for opening but spend away if you like :D

A word of warning - please be sure you want to do this. Last christmas I attempted to do the exact same thing for a customer and bricked their Trinity. I followed the TX guide, double and triple checked the wires of both DemoN and CR3 to no avail. Now I've a paperweight trinity that won't turn on and I had to give them one of my brand new JTAGs I had been saving as a consolation. It's a difficult, bordering very difficult mod to perform with catastrophic consequences in my experience. So yeah, know what you are doing :)

My order just went through :) I think I ordered some stuff I will not need but I would rather have and not need than need and not have. Also CK3 said they had one more DemoN available so I was in a rush to snap it up.

Yes, I bought the Trinity 240/360GB (unsure as it's been away) specifically to RGH and dual NAND as I have read they are the best 360 version to mod. I think I got it for €120 delivered from Germany which I thought was a bargain.

The plan is to RGH and DemoN it. I'm going to then install an internal 2.5" 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue which I will fit into an XBOX 360 HDD shell as to make it hot swappable with the stock drive when I want to use XBOX Live with the stock NAND. I would rather the space afforded by a WD green 2TB but it would be slightly slower and although the 15mm height 2.5 HDD will fit in the XBOX it will not fit in the HDD shell like the 9mm 1TB. The RGH drive will be for the usual RGH stuff and I will hook up an external for media which I hope to later upgrade to NAS.

The guide I linked mentioned other mod chips were available, some more advanced, but for the Trinity the Coolrunner Rev C was the easiest and best fit. The DemoN chip can read the NAND.

I am sure I want to do this although I know it will be difficult. I did a small bit of soldering in college a few years ago but I plan to find an old VCR somewhere to practice on, and also watch as many videos, and read as many guides as I can on DemoN and Coolrunner Rev C installs before opening up the Trinity.

I only have some tools and materials to order now, and I will link them here later today before ordering.

I'm not the best soldering in the world or anything, but I've been modding small scale electronics for two years and I still messed up. Make sure to give that VCR a good going over before touching the console - best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dusf wrote: »

The guide I linked mentioned other mod chips were available, some more advanced, but for the Trinity the Coolrunner Rev C was the easiest and best fit.

Where in that guide does it mention other mod chips? I quickly glanced through it and couldn't find any information. I'm only asking as I would like to read the information they have on other mod chips.

Where in that guide does it mention other mod chips? I quickly glanced through it and couldn't find any information. I'm only asking as I would like to read the information they have on other mod chips.

Here you go!
    Step 2b: RGH
    Checklist:

Your here because you found in the flow chart that your exploit method is the RGH method (dash higher than 7371, and console is a slim or a Xenon) You have Orig.bin NAND dump backed up.

What you need now:

Coolrunner:

There are basically two ways to go with the. A CR3 Lite or a Coolrunner Rev C with its addons. The CR3 Lite is essentially the rev C and its addons so it is a lot easier to use but there are 2 problems with it. First, it doesn't work as well as the rev C on Trinitys, and second TX has stopped making them so they are hard to get. Basically if you can get a CR3 Lite and don't have a Trinity get it. Otherwise if you have a Trinity or cannot find a CR3 Lite then get a Coolrunner Rev C.

NOTE: There is another Coolrunner, the CR3 Pro that is available for purchase. I will not be talking about it in this guide however because its setup is a bit different and it is intended for advance users.

Thread on tools and materials I am trying to source here, please advise if you can:

Sourcing some tools and materials for XBOX 360 RGH?

Advertisement