Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ribbons for wrapping in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 10-12-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

I usually go to Inspiring Ideas in Blanchardstown to get my ribbons for wrapping my present, however I'd rather just pick some up in the city centre this year as it's handier. Does anyone know where would have a good selection of ribbon that you can buy by the metre, similar to in Inspiring Ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hickeys, henry st
    Well I havent been lately but they've always loads of ribbon

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh yeah, should have thought of Hickeys! Thanks :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Rubanesque in the Powerscourt Shopping Centre has loads aswell, it's a material and ribbon shop, like a Southside Hickeys.
    If you want thicker wired ribbon, Dunnes have loads of rolls at €2.50 a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I would also recommend the ribbon shop in Powerscourt. Tiger have lots of nice ribbons and twines at the moment too, really nice velvet ribbon!

I think I'm actually going to go for twine now! Looking for red and white baker twine like this. http://www.wesellcoffee.com/product1565.html

Anyone seen anything like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Try a €2 shop. It seems like something they would sell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Art and hobby shop on the top floor of Stephens green have that twine, I'm fairly sure!

Art and hobby shop on the top floor of Stephens green have that twine, I'm fairly sure!

Cool, I'll head down tomorrow and check it out, thanks!

Advertisement