Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in Dublin City Centre

• 24-11-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭

Heading into Dublin to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow and we're bringing our daughter to Santa for the first time.
    Anyone got any recommendations where they think the best Santa is?
    Any places in particular to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

What?!:eek:

Isn't he supposed to be packing up the gifts in the North Pole around now? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Merkin wrote: »
    What?!:eek:

Isn't he supposed to be packing up the gifts in the North Pole around now? :eek:

santa been in a few places in dublin and midlands since last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Last year we went to the Santa workshop in Ilac inside Dunnes Stores. Great experience and a few places the kids visit before santa and write a letter and all. The toy was good quality and got to sit with santa for a few minutes too- :D

This year we are going to the Santa in the Ambassador theatre top of O Connel street/ Parnell Street. Have a lovely santa area where the kids can play while waiting for their name to be called to see Santa. have seen the video and would love to hear of anyone who has been. We are heading in the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We went to see him in Arnotts in the end yesterday.
    Real beard!
    Really nice guy, even though my daughter was terrified stiff of him (she's only 17 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

I bring my kids to Stephen's Green every year. Best Santa around by far. Big Canadian guy that has loads of time for the kids and obviously loves every minute of it.

Be prepared for very long queing time though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Wasn't overally impressed with ambassador, play area is decent but not lot time with santa, or great room. prob better options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

+1 for Stephen's Green, several friend's bring their kids there he's the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I go to Arnotts every year simply because the Santa is lovely and he has a real beard! The beard is soooo important to my little fella :)

I'd love to go somewhere with more of an 'experience' this year, don't mind travelling, but the beard has to be real! Any suggestions?

Advertisement