Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your favourite Christmas Song or Hymn?

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭

What's your favourite Christmas Song or Hymn.

Well this is my number one.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

O Holy Night for me as well, absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    O Holy Night for me as well, absolutely love it.

Can you find another version on u tube to put here or would you like me to put another one up for you?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I'm rubbish at links! You put it up and we can sing along together :)

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I'm rubbish at links! You put it up and we can sing along together :)

Links are simple really but in the mean time you do soprano and I will do tenor! One, two, three, four.

2nd. Favourite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

This I dedicate to Mayo Gurl

This I dedicate to all younger Boardies and invite you to put up your favourite Christmas songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

SLADE!!!

Xenophile wrote: »
    This I dedicate to Mayo Gurl

That was lovely, I really enjoyed it, thank you x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

This gets me right in the feels every year
    Love the sentiment. We might have had a rubbish year but we are here now and gonna make the most of it and look forward to doing it all over again next year

Now something to get you up out of your chair and sing and dance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

This:-

:)

A friend of a friend, Bedsit Barney recorded this piece of pure class... my new favourite Christmas song.

Recorded before most of you boardies were born.

This is what you can call someone who can sing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I also love O Holy Night. Don Oíche Úd i mBeithil is so beautiful. Can't get links to post from phone but the Altan version is lovely.

• Advertisement

Something for the under fives. Well, most of us would do almost anything to try and make money and so I forgive them, by the way does anyone like this, it seems to have been a big hit on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Always like bing white christmas good too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I like this one,surprised it's not on tv or radio more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Samantha Mumba's version of "All I Want For Xmas Is You"-because I laugh every time I hear it...

http://www.mp3olimp.net/samantha-mumba-all-want-for-christmas/

And this excellent instrumental of The Carol Of The Bells-just listen to the harmonies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-p-OAWmsY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am happy to put up this vocal version of The Carol of the Bells. Will now have a look for the instrumental version.

Thanks to original poster,who posted this suggestion
    Carol of the Bells - Trans-Siberian Orchestra .

All I want for Christmas is you! Samantha Mumba. Thanks again to the original poster for suggesting same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

This gets me right in the feels every year
    Love the sentiment. We might have had a rubbish year but we are here now and gonna make the most of it and look forward to doing it all over again next year

This is my favourite too. Nothing compares to it for me, it just sums up Christmas perfectly for me.

• Advertisement

jabeen100 wrote: »
    helenafortissima My all-time favorite is A Charlie Brown Christmas (the entire album) by the Vince Guaraldi Trio.

Thanks let's put up. This one is just over seven minutes.

Advertisement