Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

• 24-11-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Since the main thread has been littered with people having a laugh (Which a laugh isn't bad at all) But to keep the recruitment thread based on recruitment, I've decided to create this thread so that people can have a laugh while waiting for results. So here you are people, a thread to talk about the non-essentials. Enjoy!

Only issue now is, getting this thread snowballing - SO BEGIN POSTING PEOPLE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

This thread is so much banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭PSNI2013

This thread is so much banter.
    Hopefully it will pick up, not clutter the recruitment section and bring back users looking for more serious information.

Until then
    BoringTeaParty.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1348445543599

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭PorkProduct

Hah, it's not a bad idea tbh. Bit of initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Im after seeing a few videos of the march at the weekend and civil rights camp campaigners, got me thinking about what way i would deal with it! Apart from that, what kind of suggestions do you think Richard Haas will come up with, what would you like to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭PSNI2013

Im after seeing a few videos of the march at the weekend and civil rights camp campaigners, got me thinking about what way i would deal with it! Apart from that, what kind of suggestions do you think Richard Haas will come up with, what would you like to see?
    I hope it involves something with tear gas and batons! Sick of rioters treating police officers like toys.

Enough of the soft touch approach, you mess with NI's free market. You get blitzkrieged for not embracing democracy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

anyone here thinking of the detective route? First assignment... find thread duplications! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

anyone here thinking of the detective route? First assignment... find thread duplications! ;)

That thread wasn't general enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cladav32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPpRAay8HLE

Anyone see this?been doing the rounds on facebook!worth a watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RWA61994

I would like to see the parades commisson gone and any parades just be notified to the local police station wherever its happening, this will encourage dialogue between the police and organisers and develop a closer more personal relationship between the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

This is an amazing video. A South African Task Force is tasked with intercepting a heist in progress, and what follows could only have been imagined by Michael Bay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4&feature=player_detailpage&t=134

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

RWA61994 wrote: »
    I would like to see the parades commisson gone and any parades just be notified to the local police station wherever its happening, this will encourage dialogue between the police and organisers and develop a closer more personal relationship between the 2.

True, but then there will be those complaining of non-prejudice and independent decision making on parades.

This is an amazing video. A South African Task Force is tasked with intercepting a heist in progress, and what follows could only have been imagined by Michael Bay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYoHWFoE9Q4&feature=player_detailpage&t=134

The full length documentary is on youtube somewhere, i seen it a few months ago! Pretty crazy footage ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Can't remember who said this; it was a comedian from here but his suggestion was along these lines;

Put the lot of them on an island and let them fight it out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

B.A.N.T. to the MAX baby.

Oh ok I can still post in here.. someone pure reported me for havin bant in the AC thread. Banned from there now lol.

Oh ok I can still post in here.. someone pure reported me for havin bant in the AC thread. Banned from there now lol.

Lol me too. Got an infraction :D Somebody went nuts with the report button!

Will this show up in my vetting? :eek:

Haha god like. I understand their points with regards to keeping on topic but perhaps if they hadn't come on like pompous morons being condescending to everyone.. bet they're enjoyin themselves now lmao teacher's pets eh :P

I was going to say I'll be a stubborn b****** and not answer of their questions... but then I remembered... they never ask any, they never contribute at all, just sit and mooch

Was going to appeal but not much point.

I'll just enjoy this great craic and try to be like the good old days when 10p mixes were 10p and dog poo was white :D

Hahaha yep.. and of course, the teacher has already been thanked :)

Yeah, I saw that :rolleyes:

Good craic though ;)

• Advertisement

Good luck to them if they get in is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

You're still posting there though? Did they lift the ban?

Apparently I wasn't banned, the thread had just been closed temporarily. . So all fine now lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

This is not After Hours, Please read the ES charter and keep within the limits.

Thanks You.

25 days 'til Christmas then.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

Same happened to me. Couldn't believe I got infracted when i asked a question about the thread. I meant it as a genuine question not to be sarcastic or anything but anyways.... On with the banter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

Turner wrote: »
    This is not After Hours, Please read the ES charter and keep within the limits.

Thank You.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

The whip has been cracked then?

Here's me hoping for a bit of light relief following a 14 hour shift.

I hate my job.

Form?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭J.0

Lol. Came online to have a chuckle at the banter after a hard days graft :) Noticed we have a few whingers that seem to have appeared from nowhere then read this:
    wannabe2010 banned for 3 days.
    Come on Turner, there's being a good moderator and there's being power hungry. If the guys can't take the craic in the first place, they ain't gonna make it on the job surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

J.0 wrote: »
    Lol. Came online to have a chuckle at the banter after a hard days graft :) Noticed we have a few whingers that seem to have appeared from nowhere then read this:
    Come on Turner, there's being a good moderator and there's being power hungry. If the guys can't take the craic in the first place, they ain't gonna make it on the job surely!

Tell me about it. I got infracted for being a 'troll' :rolleyes:

Advertisement